Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7262 7263 [7264] 7265 7266 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575362 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108945 on: November 09, 2016, 10:30:12 am »

But yes, Kot is right. The Beast, I don't know if you're American or not, but if you ARE American, calling the President a ceremonial position is fucking ignorant. If you aren't, that's still ignorant, but excuseable because you might be confusing it from the President position in parliamentary governments, in which case, it is ceremonial.
The President of USA is basically an unholy combination of President, Prime Minister, Commander-in-chief and a dictator-lite thanks to executive orders.
He's also the dude who fires the nukes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108946 on: November 09, 2016, 10:30:18 am »

Oh didnt realise it was flamebate, calm it! I AM NOT THE ENEMY!
Oh yeah sorry TBF, this is your hugs thread, I'll go

It's just that this is a stressful time for about half or more than half of America. MUCH more stressful than usual.

I wasn't this way with Bush vs Gore, or Bush vs Kerry, though I sided with Bush in 2004 because I thought since we were at wartime, it's better to keep the same president. And in 2000, I wasn't quite old enough to vote (born in an odd numbered year, heh), but I did pay attention.

I'm sorry for yelling at you The Beast.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:35:00 am by smjjames »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108947 on: November 09, 2016, 10:53:36 am »

Me right now.

Oh didnt realise it was flamebate, calm it! I AM NOT THE ENEMY!
Oh yeah sorry TBF, this is your hugs thread, I'll go

It's just that this is a stressful time for about half or more than half of America. MUCH more stressful than usual.
Yeah.

Very stressful.

I was a bit snappish.  :x

I wouldn't have been this way in any election where I could reasonably call the opposition sane, if misguided.

Trump, however, is very much crazy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108948 on: November 09, 2016, 11:03:57 am »

Crazy, eh? Would you rather have an extremely competent, yet entirely evil (or, well, entirely, vehemently opposed to your views of how the nation should progress) person and/or party in control? :v
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108949 on: November 09, 2016, 11:05:58 am »

Honestly?  If that's really how the American people decided, that they actually agreed with those positions, I'd want to leave, but I could deal with it.

The thing is, Trump doesn't even have positions.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108950 on: November 09, 2016, 11:17:22 am »

He's probably a fan of missionary at the very least.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108951 on: November 09, 2016, 11:20:49 am »

Well, so long as the missionaries don't come from Mexico, maybe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108952 on: November 09, 2016, 11:21:38 am »

i can't laugh

that's funny, but i can't laugh
Sigtext

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #108953 on: November 09, 2016, 11:45:53 am »

Laptop screen broke.

Of all things...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #108954 on: November 09, 2016, 12:07:58 pm »

One of my cats died overnight.  She started screaming and writhing at about midnight last night, before having a seizure.  At the time, it had struck me that she had an intestinal breach, by the way she had been writhing, the fact she couldn't have an illness, and that she had no visible injuries.  I still didn't want to euthanise her based upon a guess; I gave her a heavy dosage of kitty pain pills, wrapped her in cloth, and left her to sleep the night.  Hopefully it was at least painless--she hadn't moved.

Feel fairly guilty about not noticing before; she had been being quite reclusive, moreso than usual, and I had cleaned up vomit earlier.  I had just expected it to be from one of the indoor-outdoor cats, who get minor illnesses or eat trash occasionally.  Should have thought to check the one indoor-only cat after they showed no irregularities, though. :(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108955 on: November 09, 2016, 12:17:13 pm »

hey, even if you had checked, it sounds like there wasnt much you could do. you tried to help her, and believe it or not cats do recognize and appreciate the little favors. That will help her sleep.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108956 on: November 09, 2016, 12:34:18 pm »

May the ancestors and gods help you in your time of loss.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108957 on: November 09, 2016, 02:29:05 pm »

Crazy, eh? Would you rather have an extremely incompetent, yet entirely evil (or, well, entirely, vehemently opposed to your views of how the nation should progress) person and/or party in control? :v

Trump, Pence, and Republicans? No, I'd rather that didn't happen, but it did.

Ladies? I have four words of advice for you: do not get pregnant. Roe V Wade is quite likely to be targeted next year. Did your fertilized egg get stuck in your fallopian tube? Without abortions you are dead. Did you have a miscarriage? You will likely get sepsis and die because it's illegal to remove that fetus. Pregnancies are rough. Things can and do go wrong. The only reason the Republicans won't want to target Roe v Wade is they want something to vilify for the next election. But they have lots of targets for that sort of thing. You can bet Republicans will not repeal the ACA outright. They want people to really hate it. They'll get rescission legal again. Obamacare! Death panels! Really hate that uppity moderate black man that dared to be President and try to pull the country out of recession.

These are not pretty words to read. They are harsh and sad. Take care of yourselves, ladies. Don't hesitate to cross a border to save your life.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #108958 on: November 09, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »

Well, that's your two pence on the matter, I guess.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108959 on: November 09, 2016, 05:52:20 pm »

Trying to figure out what to do now that this election took a wrecking ball to all my hopes and dreams so far.

But of course that's not enough and all the wounds have to be rubbed in salt and lemon and hydrochloric acid.
My parents are so glad Trump won. Mom gave an entire speech today morning. Everyone's talking about how it can't be that bad and people like me should just quit whining. I've heard so much blatant hypocrisy today. People are celebrating what happened.

:'(

Latin Americans celebrating a Trump win sounds like an oxymoron.
Pages: 1 ... 7262 7263 [7264] 7265 7266 ... 8156