Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7284 7285 [7286] 7287 7288 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8553157 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109275 on: November 24, 2016, 09:25:54 am »

I just leave it on the other side of my room, plugged in, so I can't shut it off unless I get out of bed and walk over to it. (The alarm gets progressively louder the longer it is going, too)

How do android and apple do it? Mine's windows phone 8.1 (didn't qualify for wp10 upgrade because too weak specs but I want to assume the alarm system is the same).
I know my phone has a Clock app that you can do timey things in. (Samsung/Android)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #109276 on: November 24, 2016, 10:27:25 am »

I have found that if I just leave the alert going, I usually get to a point where I stop giving a fuck. I remember that back before I moved and still used a regular clock radio my mother had to shut it off a lot because I simply slept through it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #109277 on: November 24, 2016, 10:58:50 am »

After this, one of my cats clawed me (right on the pad of my left index finger), drove around for a bit

Damn, that cat's scary. :P
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109278 on: November 24, 2016, 11:23:54 am »

Gotta try to socialize with family members whom I rarely see and barely know when my social skills are basically non-existent. Ah the joys of Thanksgiving.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109279 on: November 24, 2016, 04:52:12 pm »

It wouldn't be a proper holiday without an emergency work situation.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #109280 on: November 24, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »

It wouldn't be a proper holiday without an emergency work situation.
You need to do what my mum does. When it's a day off or she's on holiday, the work phone is no longer touched.

Not worth the drama on return to work.  Some poor Chinese guy would have been stranded at the international terminal in LAX for 4 days at that point, production line in Mexico would have also been down that whole time costing them hundreds of thousands of dollars, and a lot of people would be very pissed off at us.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109281 on: November 25, 2016, 08:23:10 pm »

...I think my conversational skills may have atrophied a bit lately. This is kind of a revelation to me, since I was never one of those people who are always very put out by not being able to connect. It's just that my ability to maintain a conversation has gone somewhere over the previous few years. I'm sort of afraid to carry too much of it, but then I am afraid to carry too little. I don't want to be bored, but then I am afraid of learning new things. I both want a connection and don't want to reveal anything about myself.

I'm still good at listening, and I understand what I'm told, but it just feels like having to walk or breathe manually. This is more distressing than sad. Maybe there's a bit of happy too: I've noticed that something's been wrong during these past few years by suddenly having several normal, effortless and enjoyable conversations a few times. I might have passed a low point without even noticing it. I hope so, at least. It's still a bit terrifying in retrospect.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:25:08 pm by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109282 on: November 25, 2016, 09:54:02 pm »

I was biting my nails a bit and chipped a tooth a bit. I just had that filling placed last year. Still have the chip piece, saving it. There's a little hairline crack area too.

I'm hoping I can call the dentist Monday to get an appointment before this gets infected or something. In the meantime, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Do I brush it very gently? I'm not going to even try to chew on it.

Thankfully it doesn't seem to hurt at all so far. Let's hope that keeps up .

It's a little area maybe 3 mm long and about as wide as my fingernail is thick (so not that wide, but still) Not sure entirely what to do until monday.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109283 on: November 26, 2016, 01:14:17 am »

Got in a car accident today. It's defined as my fault, so I gotta pay up.

There goes my moving out money...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109284 on: November 26, 2016, 06:47:30 am »

Oh, damn. That's bad.

Are you alright, though?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #109285 on: November 26, 2016, 07:56:17 am »

Yeah, stay safe and all that highmax! Is there anything you can do to get some of that money back?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:00:23 am by Gamedragon »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #109286 on: November 26, 2016, 08:32:11 am »

This is the most physically awful I have felt in living memory. I've played sports with a fever and worked three days in a row with no sleep but holy shit this neck pain is seriously debilitating. But at least I've learned my lesson about proper sitting posture, right? Right aaahahahahahaha kill me...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109287 on: November 26, 2016, 11:27:26 am »

"So now that you've been happy and sociable with a ton of people for a whole week in the boonies with no computer, we were thinking you'd like to come with us back to [hometown] for a few days! And see your gma and dying aunt and go on long ingress drives and listen to weird altrock and..."

I'm just panicking, the happy high is over and I need to get out before I make a scene... Don't want to ruin a really happy and good visit, but I'm so bad at saying no (without getting emotional)

It hurts to talk and I have a package waiting, those are good reasons

Something is really wrong with me though, I have this growing dread like in the dreams. It's irrational. I just need to keep it down, play it cool a little longer...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:29:56 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109288 on: November 26, 2016, 11:39:43 am »

Well, Rolan7 I hope everything does get better, and for all the people in the sad thread here as well. I've had similar situations such as that before but I usually end up exploding if I at least don't internally confront the problem and externally talk to someone about it that I can trust to not judge me and give me wholesome good advice, without triggering me(but then again, I have a hard external shell I'd like to get rid of one day, if not very soon. Call me a turtle if you'd like)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109289 on: November 26, 2016, 12:30:00 pm »

Got talked into a couple more hours and that has me relaxed (as long as it's real, of course).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 7284 7285 [7286] 7287 7288 ... 8155