Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7327 7328 [7329] 7330 7331 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571938 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109920 on: January 14, 2017, 02:11:49 pm »

Goddamnit, my joke is ruined :P

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109921 on: January 14, 2017, 03:39:43 pm »

I'm just tired. Tired of being bogged down by grief and my own lack of capability. I've tried, oh I've tried, so many things to get a job. I've sent my resume to most companies I've heard of and plenty I hadn't, applied for positions across the country, and gotten enough feedback on how to write a resume and cover letter that I could probably write a book on the most common job-seeking advice. Not like any of it matters, I've had all of 1 interview and that was way back in... September? I think? And it just feels so pointless to keep trying when nothing works. It's been seven months since I graduated, four since my best friend died, just under one since my dog died. I just want to... be with them again, and not have to deal with all of this futile garbage any more. But I know I have to keep doing it, because.... if nothing else, she'd want me to at least try to be a success. I'm just sorry that I'm going to end up such a disappointment if/when we eventually meet up on the other side, because grief and other circumstances have slowed down my applications from 'at least 1 a day, bare minimum' to '1 a week maybe' and picking the pace back up is really difficult.

.... and I really didn't mean to write out a fuckin' wall of text, but I guess that's what I needed to get off my chest today. sorry, guys.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109922 on: January 14, 2017, 03:46:40 pm »

Goddamnit, my joke is ruined :P

Wait, that was a joke? So there is no high demand for teachers' positions in America?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109923 on: January 14, 2017, 03:47:42 pm »

I dunno, tbh. The joke was assuming he was murican and the joke was to use a gun, step 1, to get a job position, step 2, through a mysterious method. Then rake in the mad profits from that :P

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109924 on: January 15, 2017, 01:55:54 pm »

I am really lonely. No friends. Don't feel any sense of community or sense of being in some kind of group. I feel I have nothing in common with other people. It's partly I think due to society around me, and partly my fault. For example, there's no community around the neighborhood I live in, everyone does their own thing, I don't know my neighbors. At college everyone does their own thing or already have their own friends and aren't interested in meeting new people. And I'm basically an autistic hermit who doesn't go out and try to meet people because being around new people or trying to make conversation with people or even being in a group of people makes me nervous and irritable and drains any energy or motivation I have to do anything. I'm not interested in parties or whatever social shit people my age are out doing, I'm not interested in social media bullshit that almost everyone my age is on and using, online communities are not any kind of adequate substitute; I've lost interest in video games, that was the only thing that really kept me with the few friends I had in high school. Now they've gone off to other colleges in other parts of the country and I haven't spoken to them since graduation and they're basically more strangers to me.

I could probably keep going on rambling but it's not really leading anywhere. I basically feel no connection with other people. They're like aliens to me. I feel incredibly isolated and alone.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109925 on: January 15, 2017, 01:57:54 pm »

Whoops...  Didn't mean to post that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:01:58 pm by ☼Another☼ »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109926 on: January 15, 2017, 01:59:23 pm »

*hugs Spehss_*

I know the feel.

Muchly.

Wish I had advice, but believe me, you're not alone in that.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:01:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109927 on: January 15, 2017, 02:01:26 pm »

I didn't mean to post that, I was going to quote certain parts of it to give some advice, but gave up on it. Whoops.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109928 on: January 15, 2017, 02:02:08 pm »

Then...might be best to edit it out?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109929 on: January 15, 2017, 03:07:23 pm »

I am really lonely. No friends. Don't feel any sense of community or sense of being in some kind of group. I feel I have nothing in common with other people. It's partly I think due to society around me, and partly my fault. For example, there's no community around the neighborhood I live in, everyone does their own thing, I don't know my neighbors. At college everyone does their own thing or already have their own friends and aren't interested in meeting new people. And I'm basically an autistic hermit who doesn't go out and try to meet people because being around new people or trying to make conversation with people or even being in a group of people makes me nervous and irritable and drains any energy or motivation I have to do anything. I'm not interested in parties or whatever social shit people my age are out doing, I'm not interested in social media bullshit that almost everyone my age is on and using, online communities are not any kind of adequate substitute; I've lost interest in video games, that was the only thing that really kept me with the few friends I had in high school. Now they've gone off to other colleges in other parts of the country and I haven't spoken to them since graduation and they're basically more strangers to me.

I could probably keep going on rambling but it's not really leading anywhere. I basically feel no connection with other people. They're like aliens to me. I feel incredibly isolated and alone.

So what do you usually do in your spare time then?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109930 on: January 15, 2017, 05:23:56 pm »

So what do you usually do in your spare time then?
Sleeping, reading, studying or college work, working on side projects like programming, playing games or internet browsing when I have nothing else to do or don't feel like doing anything else.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109931 on: January 15, 2017, 06:08:50 pm »

So where do you school?  I bet there are local B12ers...
Sigtext

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109932 on: January 15, 2017, 07:11:02 pm »

Honestly, maybe a smaller sad than some, but I'm just kind of out of it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109933 on: January 15, 2017, 08:42:42 pm »

*hugs Robot Parade Leader*
Sigtext

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109934 on: January 16, 2017, 12:56:37 am »

Very minor, but I just discovered that imgur has privacy settings, so people no longer will comment on my photos. Whoops.
Pages: 1 ... 7327 7328 [7329] 7330 7331 ... 8156