Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7429 7430 [7431] 7432 7433 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472232 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111450 on: August 21, 2017, 08:20:40 pm »

Please do not quote:

For what it's worth, that sucks. I wish that wasn't happening to you. That sounds terrible and I hope you can, I don't really know, somehow get the help you need.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-shot-judge-father-steubenville-230222795.html

Jesus. Really? What is wrong with people? Obviously terrible, but even more weird, that wasn't the judge who tried his son's case (that was a visiting judge). Was he just waiting to shoot some random judge? So, terrible, wrong, purposeless, random acts of violence for no reason? Wow. I don't even....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111451 on: August 21, 2017, 09:11:26 pm »

Dumbass me looked for the sun trying to get a second picture of it and looked right into the eclipse behind some clouds. May or may not have minor welders flash, but probably not since it's just sore eye and it feels sticky

Might also be from my scratched up lens bugging me now that I noticed it. More annoyed than sad because this is the day before vaccation for me, and I don't wanna spend it dealing with Welder's flash
Update:

Stickiness in my eye was my eyelashes getting caught in one another and the sore eye is gone. All is good for now
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #111452 on: August 25, 2017, 02:35:36 am »

The grieving process is a complicated thing. It's different for everyone on every level.

When Monty Oum passed away two and a half years ago, I wanted to vehemently deny that he was actually gone. For months after the announcement, I could barely scavenge enough energy to do anything else other than video games. Whenever my attention strayed from them, my thoughts always cycled back to him. He has been in my thoughts literally every day since.

The odd thing is that I've only recently started having dreams where he's still alive and well. I would be amazed and indescribably happy, because I end up passing all of my checks for dreaming (which admittedly aren't many, but still). Every morning following these dreams were nightmares.

As much as Monty's death hurts me every day, I have been very slowly learning to channel that pain into action. I have been writing a story dedicated to him for the past six months. Infrequently, but it's far better than nothing at all.

The pain will loosen its hold, given enough time, but it will never vanish. Acceptance is more than simply dealing with the pain; it is learning how to use it as motivation and will power.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111453 on: August 25, 2017, 06:44:16 am »

Tried to do a nice-ish thing for someone. A coworker of mine had just got a car that needed a lot of work. The shop she went to wanted to charge her $1400+ for a fairly minor problem that just takes time and elbow grease to fix. She bought all the parts, so I wound up asking for $100 in labor. That's it. Should have been a straightforward job. Then everything went to hell. Two defective brake calipers and 10 hours of work later, the brakes still aren't done. One of the brakes is leaking fluid everywhere and even my dad, the mechanic of the family, doesn't know why, because everything is tight.

So now I'm up early as hell to drive her to work. Ugh. Why can't simple things ever be simple?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111454 on: August 25, 2017, 06:51:55 am »

You did earn karma points
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111455 on: August 25, 2017, 07:59:20 am »

First time since starting with this company, I had to call in sick. Woke up last night feeling like utter crap, eventually staggered into the bathroom and just started bringing everything up. Dunno what's wrong.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111456 on: August 25, 2017, 08:07:46 am »

Eh, it's not a food-related job. Also it's my weekend coming up.

Not sure *what* I ate that my body found so disagreeable. None of it seemed suspicious in any way.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111457 on: August 25, 2017, 03:38:28 pm »

Better not be intolerance. I ate nothing yesterday that I don't eat and enjoy often.

Imma go with an undetectable bug for now.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111458 on: August 25, 2017, 07:39:59 pm »

Can confirm that disagreeable things aren't necessarily noticed before it's too late. That's how it happened to me that one time; absolutely no hint of having eaten anything bad, then i get a bit sick, and then i so sick that all i could do was shit, retch and cry. Fun times, i dearly hope you're not that sick right now. >.>

As for my sad, it's something that really shouldn't be sad'ing me. I'm treated very well by those near me; mom and dad are loving parents who only want to see me happy and doing well, brother is that doofus who's been with me my whole life and with whom i share a basically unbreakable bond, friends are swell people who respect my weirdness and occasionally very limited communication. Overall, i am incredibly lucky to have all of this going for me, and i recognize and appreciate that. Problem is, i feel like i don't deserve it, and have done nothing to do so. I'm lazy, i'm struggling with internal prejudice, i get angry and snap at people too easily, and overall contribute very little to the world around me. I sit on my arse most of the day, thinking "i'll do something eventually", and consider 2 hours to be a lot of time to invest into something. I get so busy thinking about how and how much i want to do things that i don't get around to doing them. I say i need a job, and proceed to do jack shit to find one, hoping that it'll just fall into my lap. I look at the long list of studies that the local university provides, and conclude that none of them seem interesting. I feel like i'm completely squandering everything that i'm so lucky to have.

And yet, even though i know all of this, i don't feel like i'm fully in control of turning it around for the better. Probably partly because i don't know how to go about it. Problem is, at an age of 25, i'm supposed to know, and anxiety makes it hard to go ask or learn by trial and error. Christ, it's frustrating sometimes.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111459 on: August 25, 2017, 08:31:01 pm »

Got new puppy. Brother's face turned into a beach ball. So we put the puppy outside - poor thing. Thankfully brother's face is unrelated to her, though
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111460 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:56 pm »

Better not be intolerance. I ate nothing yesterday that I don't eat and enjoy often.

Imma go with an undetectable bug for now.
... depending on exactly what sort of feeling like shit it is, there's more than stomach problems on the table. I had something similar happen to me a ways back that rapidly got bad enough I ended up in the ER. Turned out it was a kidney stone, and if something's off/hurts enough your body starts trying to expel as much as it can in hopes of making it stop. Looke and felt like food poisoning kicked up a notch, just... wasn't. Hopefully that ain't it, 'cause bloody hell it sucks. Had a chunk of me took out about the size of a softball at one point from surgery, and recovery from that (all better part of a year of it combined) got knocked down to number 2 in my lifetime's pain records that day.

Any case, getting increasingly frustrating lately to be as messed up as I am physically and otherwise, particularly on top of being broke. Shit like tex going down, family needing more help than I'm managing, and there's just. Not much I can figure out to do, that I'm not going to be incapable of doing outright or likely unable to maintain long enough to matter. And what little money I'd have to give is both little and the entirety of the financial cushion I have that isn't family. Been making for some pretty shitty days the last few weeks. All can do is hope I trip over somethin' that makes things better, I guess.

Anger at events et al have been giving some unusual degree of motivation, but the problem there is that anger makes me feel even shittier than normal, so it's a two steps forward two to two and a half back kind of thing.

Still, there's some folks a 12-18 hour or so drive from me about to have an even shittier time of things than I am, so... best of wishes to 'em.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111461 on: August 25, 2017, 09:04:43 pm »

For those expressing concern, I feel a good deal better now. Still feeling a bit gassy (I've been burping all day long, but small burps) but other than that I feel almost normal. Nothing I've eaten today has come back up, at least.

Though in another unfortunate event, a concert I was planning to go to this evening was canceled almost at the last minute. So that sucks.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111462 on: August 25, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »

Problem is, I feel like I don't deserve it, and have done nothing to do so. I'm lazy, I'm struggling with internal prejudice, I get angry and snap at people too easily, and overall contribute very little to the world around me. I sit on my arse most of the day, thinking "I'll do something eventually", and consider 2 hours to be a lot of time to invest into something. I get so busy thinking about how and how much i want to do things that I don't get around to doing them. I say I need a job, and proceed to do jack shit to find one, hoping that it'll just fall into my lap. I look at the long list of studies that the local university provides, and conclude that none of them seem interesting. I feel like I'm completely squandering everything that I'm so lucky to have.
This is my life

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #111463 on: August 26, 2017, 01:40:23 am »

haha happy birthday to me i guess

i got very drunk

but i still have to be the responsible one

and i know i'll have to justify my friend to my brother tomorrow when he asks why me friend was acting like a dickhole the entire night

and im honestly glad i dont have to interact w him anymore tonight

but thats just bc were drunk

and i didn't even get to make out w any guys / girls tonight

bc i was downtown w my brother

and honestly my problems are nothing compared to yalls shit

but im fine im fine love yall <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111464 on: August 26, 2017, 09:13:59 am »

Happy drunkday, gamer!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7429 7430 [7431] 7432 7433 ... 8153