Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7430 7431 [7432] 7433 7434 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578004 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111465 on: August 26, 2017, 11:56:08 am »

Channel the drunkenness into a better tomorrow.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111466 on: August 26, 2017, 02:03:17 pm »

Why does it seem like the goal of every day of my life is "Desperately fight depression and unhappiness"? Not "Find happiness", but "Avoid misery".

The way it's framed, it very much seems in my own mind that finding what I want in life is impossible, that the best I can do is to be content and not depressed.

I've actually been exercising and dieting hardcore for a while now, and I lost 40 pounds, and I'm getting slimmer and slightly better looking, but when people ask me "So what's your end goal?" I have to avoid getting angry because I DON'T FUCKING KNOW DON'T ASK ME! DON'T MAKE ME THINK ABOUT IT YOU SONUVABITCH! ...

I'd like some real impetus towards exercising, because "To get in shape" or "to stave off depression" are really nebulous and counterintuitive goals with no end point. Even "To become more attractive to the opposite sex" feels like a stupid goal to have, because deep down I know it's impossible. Not because I don't think anyone can care about me, but I doubt I can ever look at anyone as a potential partner, only as a potential threat to my contentedness. No matter how hard I try, I can never stop thinking of myself as that drop of oil; it's the analogy that has stuck to me for years now.

I really wish there was just a competition or rivalry I could brainlessly throw myself into, to exert myself and improve myself with a definite and achievable goal. It feels preposterously rare though, it feels like everyone around me strives towards mediocrity and being average, and so there's no celebration or culture of high effort achievement. Maybe it's just me.

I have to get this off my chest, because I've been very lazy the last couple days, just thinking about going to the gym but being easily dissuaded by short-term highs, and feeling very intense anxiety about the outside world for some reason.

I need to get to sleep now.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111467 on: August 26, 2017, 02:06:35 pm »

Join the army, start hating the Enemy. Strive for their destruction and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111468 on: August 26, 2017, 02:49:27 pm »

Thanks but no thanks Hans. I can't bear the thought of harming people. Unfortunately, I'm not a gullible enough sack to believe I was 'born to do something' but if I was, it wasn't to harm another person.

In other sad, I'm just having one of those days where I can't get to sleep. I've taken a ton of sleeping meds, but when I try to just close my eyes and get to sleep, it seems my mind and body aren't having none of that shit.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #111469 on: August 27, 2017, 12:37:12 am »

I've got some sickness yesterday. I felt some really nasty feeling of heaviness in my stomach, so I had to make myself vomit to get rid of this. Right now, I have high temperature (37.5 Celsius or 98,6 F for Americans here) and increased heartbeat. Thanks to Armok that I don't have problems with my throat.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111470 on: August 27, 2017, 01:04:13 am »

98.6 F is...normal though?  I don't think you converted right.

Anyway...
I have a nebulous feeling of blech.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #111471 on: August 27, 2017, 01:45:38 am »

Yeah, Google converter confused something a little. It's actually 99,5 F. Still, 37,5 Celsius is above normal (in my country, at least).

Oh, and I hate when I'm covered in sweat.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111472 on: August 27, 2017, 07:43:20 am »

I slept exactly one and one half hours last night, and drove for about nine hours
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111473 on: August 27, 2017, 11:34:25 am »

Yeah, Google converter confused something a little. It's actually 99,5 F. Still, 37,5 Celsius is above normal (in my country, at least).
The fact that you were using commas instead of decimal points

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111474 on: August 27, 2017, 01:22:40 pm »

That's just a European thing.  Drives me crazy too, but it's not *wrong* :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111475 on: August 27, 2017, 03:38:18 pm »

I don't think he was making a joke; google conversion might have been confused by the comma instead of decimal. Tho TBH I'd expect better from Google than that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111476 on: August 27, 2017, 04:25:38 pm »

I wasn't making a joke, the fact that they were using commas was driving me crazy

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111477 on: August 27, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »

Why would it?

they use periods for commas in large numbers too.

I got my tax return in april, and I recieved 2.600 muniebucks back.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111478 on: August 27, 2017, 04:38:23 pm »

It's oddly obscure here in the states, even for Euro-stuff.  I only know because I worked with bicycles through middle-high school.  (Lot of French stuff, some German)
I don't think it ever came up in old Dr Who, or even Masterpiece Theatre.  Or other PBS shows.

Or uh, things seen by most people.

It literally makes me cringe (hush, Putnam) but it's just how they do.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:42:01 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111479 on: August 27, 2017, 06:07:54 pm »

In the UK I've only ever seen . used for decimals and , for large numbers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 7430 7431 [7432] 7433 7434 ... 8156