Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7431 7432 [7433] 7434 7435 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577762 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111480 on: August 27, 2017, 06:09:38 pm »

I don't think that's the bully-cringe use Putnam has talked about. I think that's just the actual usage of the word.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111481 on: August 27, 2017, 06:12:57 pm »

Let's talk about milliards
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111482 on: August 27, 2017, 06:14:10 pm »

Surely it's just one thousand million. I mean it even says it in the definition of milliard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111483 on: August 27, 2017, 06:43:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure you mean miljarder. It's also miljoner, not millions.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111484 on: August 27, 2017, 06:44:56 pm »

"lol standards"  (in-joke for my group which means exactly what it looks like.  Also a sad.)
Edit:  XKCD again:  https://xkcd.com/927/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #111485 on: August 28, 2017, 03:09:11 am »

Fun fact, I used a point instead of comma when I put my temperature in Google. It showed the incorrect one (98.6 F), instead of the correct one with the usage of comma (99.5 F).
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111486 on: August 28, 2017, 08:16:57 pm »

Damn I'm lonely. I feel like an outsider in society.

I wish I could talk to people and not immediately regret it afterwards and fixate on how awful I think I did. It would make the whole "meet new people and maintain friendships" thing easier.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111487 on: August 28, 2017, 08:50:27 pm »

You know what the solution to this is sphess?

Serious?

Spoiler: solution 1 (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111488 on: August 28, 2017, 10:06:14 pm »

That's what I'm trying to do. So far I have yet to detect much improvement.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111489 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:53 am »

failure is how we learn to grow

success is how we learn to stagnate
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111490 on: August 29, 2017, 09:59:29 am »

Damn I'm lonely. I feel like an outsider in society.

I wish I could talk to people and not immediately regret it afterwards and fixate on how awful I think I did. It would make the whole "meet new people and maintain friendships" thing easier.

As a fellow outcast of society, I can relate. While I can't say I've overcome it, I can atleast offer my own perspective: I obviously don't know you Spehss, but I feel it's worthwhile to ask meta questions like "Why am I lonely?" "What is loneliness?" "What is the value and meaning of loneliness in a wider social context?" "Should I even feel bad for being alone?" "Is there any advantage to my state of loneliness?", etcetera and so on.

It's not me asking you these questions, it's me asking you to ask yourself these questions, so don't feel compelled to post any answers to us on these forums, though do if you feel it would help, but ruminate on the meta-perspective and take as much time as you need, as any sense of urgency may lead you to a false conclusion prematurely. Now, I'm actually asking a lot of you here, because taking an objective look at your own emotions is a very difficult thing to do, especially when you're mired in the quicksand-like mindset of depression or fatalism, but it's something that must be asked of you, as divorcing yourself from your own concerns is the first step towards true objectivity, and therefore another step towards the elucidation of your actual foundational concerns in life and the solutions thereof.

My initial judgment of your situation isn't "I'm bad at speaking to people", nor is it "I worry too much over-analyzing my conversations and therefore I don't extract the intrinsic enjoyment of social interaction.", I'd feel it's something closer to "My self-image or prior experiences in life impel this behavior of worrying and analyzing, and that if I find the root cause and work on that, then the symptoms of speaking or worrying will clear up of their own accord."

I'm not one to offer any advice that isn't useful, and as I'm not a professional in any capacity but a lifelong sadsack myself that lives in their own head, it may not be, but I feel that the solution to your worries lies in the realm of self-reflection and not simple exposure therapy as pisskop implies it is.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111491 on: August 29, 2017, 11:15:30 am »

Wow. I have mentioned this before, Joshua, but you are incredibly intelligent. O.o
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111492 on: August 30, 2017, 06:16:01 pm »

My little boy is developmentally challenged, officially.

We qualify for free professional help from the state, and it's very early that we caught it so I'm hopeful everything will be fine. I'm a former instructor from a school for children with autism so I'm sure I can implement anything they recommend.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111493 on: August 30, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »

Trying to code hurts. trying to think hurts. Doing much more than veg apparently tries to put a vice around my skull. Just shy of migraine tier headache right now. Wanted to do something real small with a little mod thing. Pretty sure done similar things in the past. Present spent two hours failing to figure out what probably takes like two lines of code and is trying to kick my brain into pain hazed nauseous semi/unconsciousness.

Really need to figure out some way to get health insurance so I can try to find out what the flying hell is causing this. Reaching the point of not being terribly livable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #111494 on: August 30, 2017, 08:46:36 pm »

I'm sad that Odori-don blurbs still get passed around the internet talking about how it's disturbing, but so cool and ultimately ok because the thing is dead and it's just a chemical reaction.  They always say "Oh it's head is cut off.  It doesn't even have its brain anymore!"

All it takes is 30 seconds to google a diagram of octopus anatomy, and immediately see that this is complete and utter bullshit.  And I call this out every fucking time I see it.  Yet the videos still periodically make the rounds with the same misinformation every time, and I never see anyone else questioning it.  It's such a horrible case of animal cruelty.  And I'm not a vegan type that thinks it's wrong to ever hurt an animal.  But needless torture for some cheap novelty thrill?  That's wrong.

Trying to code hurts. trying to think hurts. Doing much more than veg apparently tries to put a vice around my skull. Just shy of migraine tier headache right now. Wanted to do something real small with a little mod thing. Pretty sure done similar things in the past. Present spent two hours failing to figure out what probably takes like two lines of code and is trying to kick my brain into pain hazed nauseous semi/unconsciousness.

Really need to figure out some way to get health insurance so I can try to find out what the flying hell is causing this. Reaching the point of not being terribly livable.

Frumple, you mention this stuff with almost every single post you make.  It's really worrying.  Sounds more serious all the time.  Like... brain tumour?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:48:11 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 7431 7432 [7433] 7434 7435 ... 8156