Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7496 7497 [7498] 7499 7500 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8576527 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112455 on: February 22, 2018, 01:34:45 pm »

picture
I hope ths man dies in a car crash.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112456 on: February 22, 2018, 06:48:11 pm »

I was thinking that might be a big harsh, then I went back a page and realized it was Dinesh D'Souza referenced. Dying in a car crash would be too kind an end for that man. I'd prefer if he didn't die from his car crash.

Dinesh D'Souza is a real class act. He got his start in conservative journalism back in the early 1980s by editing a right-wing funded private college newspaper known for extremely racist articles such as “Dis Sho' Ain't No Jive, Bro” which mocked African Americans who'd made it to college. Get back in the ghetto, untermensch! This is how a brown-skinned person gets their foot in the door of the lucrative conservative media market: by being more openly racist to slightly darker-skinned people than their white counterparts can get away with. He's used as an attack dog for that reason.

You shouldn't ever give D'Souza any press, because he came out of the same program Ann Coulter does: big oil and the tobacco lobby were funding private right-wing papers on college campuses in order to groom the next gen of "commentators". Getting people to talk about the shocking things they say is their primary tactic, so the best policy is to just stop reading any time you see his name in print.

Also note that he got convicted for election tampering - setting up fake donors to make illegal campaign contributions, so he's a foreign-born election-tampering felon who writes attack pieces on native-born Americans for doing perfectly legal campaigning, and who also calls for other non-American-born felons to be deported.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:59:48 am by Reelya »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #112457 on: February 23, 2018, 03:00:30 am »

-picture-
What an absolute cuntlipped dickwad! Hopefully he'll get maimed by a thug with an assault rifle, just for the maximum cruel irony.

My own sad:
I'm not sure if I should make a thread in Life Advice, but my cat keeps jumping on the table while nobody sees him or listens. I already tried putting tin foil on the table, so the cat gets spooked (he didn't get spooked at all), and I also tried something smelly, like napkins sodden in vinegar and raw garlic, but he still jumped on the table this night. I'm afraid nothing can keep this cat away from the table.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112458 on: February 23, 2018, 03:54:02 am »

-picture-
What an absolute cuntlipped dickwad! Hopefully he'll get maimed by a thug with an assault rifle, just for the maximum cruel irony.

We also missed the best bit:

He also appeared to accuse the survivors of "politically-orchestrated grief" as they mourned the deaths of their classmates and teachers. He said their grief “strikes me as phony & inauthentic.”

Seriously? Someone talking about their friends getting gunned down, in front of them, strikes him as "phony & inauthentic"? I think Dinesh D'Souza strikes me as phony and inauthentically human. Somebody peel off the fake skin to reveal the lizard beneath.

One other thing I read about, for more insight into this guy's history, was that when he was editor for his "student" paper at his college (the paper funded by oil barons), his group stole documents from the campus' Gay Students Association and publish an exposé of the gay students on campus, outing them to friends and family (the paper was widely distributed because of the conservative oil money behind it), and the conservatives at the time heralded this as an amazing piece of journalism (he was treated like "royalty", with speaking engagements national young conservatives meetups for this stuff, apparently).

EDIT: Oh and apparently, recently he tweeted a pro-Hitler statement:
https://twitter.com/dineshdsouza/status/916318446387978240?lang=en
Hitler was NOT anti-gay. He refused to purge gay Brownshirts from Nazi ranks saying he had no problem as long as they were good fighters. 8:05 AM - 6 Oct 2017
Yeah, Hitler cops too much flak for killing gays in the concentration camps, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he had some "gay friends".

You can't think up epithets insulting enough for this guy. The guy's a walking PR disaster trying to keep himself relevant with shock statements. The Florida statements have already dented his reputation (such as it was). Even Ann Coulter has more sense than this.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:27:30 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112459 on: February 23, 2018, 08:07:10 am »

-picture-

My own sad:
I'm not sure if I should make a thread in Life Advice, but my cat keeps jumping on the table while nobody sees him or listens. I already tried putting tin foil on the table, so the cat gets spooked (he didn't get spooked at all), and I also tried something smelly, like napkins sodden in vinegar and raw garlic, but he still jumped on the table this night. I'm afraid nothing can keep this cat away from the table.

Your cat has learnt that it's only doing wrong if you catch him doing it.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112460 on: February 23, 2018, 01:32:19 pm »

The perfect tool for unlearning unwanted behaviour of cats is a small handheld device called a plant spray. Fill with water, spray cat as soon as it jumps the table.
For smart cats once is enough. Some persistant ones require multiple occasions of being hit by the Feared Water Jet.

A cat's object memory is pretty good. If you've sprayed a cat with a water jet just a few times, it will recognize the spray can, and after that just showing it will be enough to get it's correctional effect.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:34:03 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #112461 on: February 23, 2018, 02:35:24 pm »

The perfect tool for unlearning unwanted behaviour of cats is a small handheld device called a plant spray. Fill with water, spray cat as soon as it jumps the table.
For smart cats once is enough. Some persistant ones require multiple occasions of being hit by the Feared Water Jet.

A cat's object memory is pretty good. If you've sprayed a cat with a water jet just a few times, it will recognize the spray can, and after that just showing it will be enough to get it's correctional effect.

If I put my cat on the table, then immediately spray water at him, will he understand that it's bad to jump on the table, or he'll get confused about whenever it's good or bad thing?
Also, he usually starts jumping on the table somewhere around 5:00 AM, when everyone sleeps, and he is energized.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112462 on: February 23, 2018, 05:33:36 pm »

If I put my cat on the table, then immediately spray water at him, will he understand that it's bad to jump on the table, or he'll get confused about whenever it's good or bad thing?
Also, he usually starts jumping on the table somewhere around 5:00 AM, when everyone sleeps, and he is energized.
I'm pretty sure that would just make him afraid of you.... that can happen with these kinds of training....

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112463 on: February 23, 2018, 07:39:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure that would just make him afraid of you.... that can happen with these kinds of training....

My buddy's father had an issue with his cat refusing to use the cat door, and instead climbing up to his windowsill outside his bed where he was sleeping and batting at the window to get in.

So he put foil on the windowsill after trying everything else. Then he wired the foil to a car battery and a dimmer switch. The cat stopped using the windowsill. Important to note that the cat was fine, the amount of voltage was kept low enough to be startling rather than painful. His dad is an engineer, and was quite careful.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112464 on: February 23, 2018, 07:45:52 pm »

I'm surprised he didn't go for a battery-powered pressure-activated zap-pad. Unless he just had the battery and dimmer switch lying around, it would have been much cheaper.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112465 on: February 23, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »

I'm surprised he didn't go for a battery-powered pressure-activated zap-pad. Unless he just had the battery and dimmer switch lying around, it would have been much cheaper.

Yeah he was some kind of mechanical engineer/chemist at the time, so I assume he did.

Also I'm sure there was a certain satisfaction to the dimmer switch.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112466 on: February 24, 2018, 03:45:15 pm »

I figured out why depression correlates to humor. Depressed people want to talk to people generally as it can help them feel better temporarily, but we learn at a young age that people are uncomfortable around sad people and avoid conversation. So we develop a personality quirk people enjoy, typically humor. We eventually get good at it because we're always depressed thus always telling jokes to get people talking to us. Hence the high suicide rates for comedians.

Anyway, a Jewish zombie walks into a bar and the bartender gasps, "Oh Jesus!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112467 on: February 24, 2018, 03:49:38 pm »

I figured out why depression correlates to humor. Depressed people want to talk to people generally as it can help them feel better temporarily, but we learn at a young age that people are uncomfortable around sad people and avoid conversation. So we develop a personality quirk people enjoy, typically humor. We eventually get good at it because we're always depressed thus always telling jokes to get people talking to us. Hence the high suicide rates for comedians.

Anyway, a Jewish zombie walks into a bar and the bartender gasps, "Oh Jesus!"

I think you've got something there.  In addition to humor being an emotional coping method on its own.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #112468 on: February 24, 2018, 03:59:11 pm »

"But doctor, ... I am Pagliacci"
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112469 on: February 24, 2018, 04:05:51 pm »

I've been very depressed and gravitating toward awful black humor and I started wondering why today. For me, the humor is secondary. It's making people smile that does it for me. Like look, I did a positive thing. I have emotional value to others.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7496 7497 [7498] 7499 7500 ... 8156