Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7552 7553 [7554] 7555 7556 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8636202 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113295 on: June 07, 2018, 10:33:38 am »

I got way too drunk last night, said stupid stuff.  I feel like calling myself names, but I need to just pick up the pieces and salvage this day.
I was doing so well...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113296 on: June 07, 2018, 10:57:31 am »

Rolan try to not drink so heavily. I was borderline alcoholic on my youth and nothing good ever came out of it. Ever.

I still drink on occasion, but never more than I can take, when I star feeling tipsy is time to stop.

On the other hand we all have done stupid things while drunk, those around you should know that a drunken person is irrational and not necessarily a lier,, a drunk can exaggerate or simply state things in the worst possible way. One should learn to ignore most of what a drunk says.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:03:44 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113297 on: June 07, 2018, 12:43:15 pm »

On the other hand we all have done stupid things while drunk,
*has never drank alcohol*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113298 on: June 07, 2018, 01:00:41 pm »

I used to drink heavily, literally nothing positive came out of it, and now I do not.

I was at the point where I was doing shots of everclear in a hot tub. The third shot, the 5th of the day while I was at that party, did not stay down. My now-wife convinced me that this is not a thing the human body is supposed to be able to do, and that I should work on stopping with the hooch.

It didn't solve all my problems, but life is better now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 01:04:59 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113299 on: June 07, 2018, 01:01:45 pm »

On the other hand we all have done stupid things while drunk,
*has never drank alcohol LIVED*

:P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113300 on: June 07, 2018, 01:04:51 pm »

He last two times I got drunk I have had excessively long hangovers. I need to be more sensible with my boozing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113301 on: June 07, 2018, 01:10:07 pm »

ITT: pussies.

Seriously though, Rolan, I know the feel. Just gotta not focus on whatever unpleasant memories you have of the night before, until such a time as you can address whatever happened with whoever you were interacting with.
Chances are, as Baal said, they took your behaviour a lot less seriously than you have.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113302 on: June 07, 2018, 01:30:13 pm »

I got way too drunk last night, said stupid stuff.  I feel like calling myself names, but I need to just pick up the pieces and salvage this day.
I was doing so well...

Reset the counter and try to beat your high score. Relapses happen, they're nothing to be ashamed of if you're aware of them. Take a look at what caused it and see what you can do to change that.

Cold turkey's hard as hell to pull off. So it's okay to slip so long you stay on the right path.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113303 on: June 07, 2018, 01:34:29 pm »

I cold turkey'd and I wish I had not. It was unnecessarily difficult.

There are plenty of groups to help, one of my closest buddies just went through AA and he's been sober for like, a year now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113304 on: June 07, 2018, 04:05:30 pm »

Okay, so it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought.  I was just hungover and pessimistic.
Basically I had a long, neat, though fairly manic conversation with my friends, and drunkenly apologized to my dad about not giving him a ride.  I even offered to help him out with things today.  He politely declined, though (he got someone else) so I guess that's a win.  It could have gone a lot worse though... I shouldn't have messaged him in that state...  So yeah, I'm going to take a break for a bit.  It isn't helping me chill out, kinda the opposite.

I was a bit late to a hike with my buddies, but everything was cool.  Heh, my legs ache so much from all this hiking...  It's good though.  I just finished cooking some food (actually cooking) and am going to lose myself in some webcomics.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113305 on: June 07, 2018, 11:39:11 pm »

Mr. Roboto there are jobs were people skills aren't required. Also, do you have any talent on the hobby, artisanship (is that a word?) side of things? Maybe, just maybe you are meant to work for youself instead of others?

I know it's hard but perhaps achieving that might give you the boost you need. One of my colleage pals hasn't make squak with the tittle, instead she's makig tons of money doing fingernails (painting and such).

I haven't made anything I'm proud of.  Most everything creative I make I end up hating.  I took creative writing on a lark in college but I never write on my own and can never come up with any sort of subject matter anyway.  Getting shit published is probably easier than ever but at the same time I'm sure my family will just tell me to get a real job.

My grandmother has been heavily pushing me to flip stuff on ebay or something.  In the grand scheme of things she just wants her bullshit out of her basement.  It might work but I have no hope these days.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113306 on: June 07, 2018, 11:56:13 pm »

Hey, you can share things in the Writer's Apprenticeship and similar threads. We can give you an outside perspective on what you make, and give you feedback if you want. I know you may think your creations aren't great, but others may have a different opinion. :)

As for the eBay thing, it may be worth doing as long as it gets your family off of your back about job stuff.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113307 on: June 08, 2018, 01:37:08 am »

Nobody would happen to have a remedy for blocked eustachian tubes would they? Because the usual shit (ie swallow, yawn, cover nose and blow) are either ineffective or simply increase the pressure thus making things worse.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and to make it *even better* I have a flight to catch tomorrow (ie Saturday). Best hope this eustachian tube bullshit sorts itself by then, else I'm looking at choosing between missing a holiday and a perforated eardrum.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/decongestants/
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #113308 on: June 08, 2018, 06:27:26 am »

RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113309 on: June 08, 2018, 08:30:59 am »

Being told some seriously troubling things about a person who's been my best friend for 6 years now, give or take. Not entirely sure how to deal with it all except confronting them about it. Which is slightly troublesome because they're a couple hundred kilometers away.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 7552 7553 [7554] 7555 7556 ... 8156