Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7559 7560 [7561] 7562 7563 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572307 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113400 on: June 20, 2018, 01:05:50 am »

Aw.  Our DND group actually made a Wikia too, but it was the players filling it in, rather than the GM.  I feel like that's more in the spirit of a wiki - a lot of the information was vaguely unreliable, based on recollection (though often confirmed case-by-case).  It's also 3/4 in-jokes and memes, of course.  Heh.

I think we started the Wikia around the one year anniversary of the campaign though, so we were pretty invested.  That campaign went on for at least three years total...  good times.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113401 on: June 20, 2018, 01:12:35 am »

Forgot my cat in the backyard for half a day. She was meowing at me when I opened the door. We do not have cat doors around here because Siberian winter.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113402 on: June 20, 2018, 02:04:50 am »

Forgot my cat in the backyard for half a day. She was meowing at me when I opened the door. We do not have cat doors around here because Siberian winter.
What, you don't have double isolation glass, fur-coated cat doors?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113403 on: June 20, 2018, 11:41:19 am »

Well if is clinical yeah, find a qualified therapist. In his case it might very well be and he's already attending a therapist or he was. I think he had to reduce the hours or something? I migth be confusing him with hansa...???
I still refuse to believe a person capable of playing dwarf fortress is useless!

Robot had to reduce therapy IIRC. Something to do with insurance or money or both.

Hans doesn't therapy because mental healthcare in USA = drugs, now stop whining. Also there is no time. I work 60 hour weeks and I have a son and animals and a wife. Who also works all week. Plus I have no money for it either.

As an aside I'm super depressed today. That is all.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113404 on: June 20, 2018, 12:02:38 pm »

Writing here ins't kinda like therapy?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113405 on: June 20, 2018, 12:21:47 pm »

I'd say it is. Just writing about your problems, articulating them, can give them the definite shape they need to be in order to be inspected properly, resolved, or just discarded.

I would say there's also an inordinate number of good souls here, who will very patiently listen and offer advice. Even if they can't come up with a satisfying answer for the afflicted person, their presence alone indicates that the person is loved and wanted here.

Do you hear that Roboto, Hanslanda, whomever, your ass is fucking loved and wanted. Do you hear me?!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113406 on: June 20, 2018, 12:24:24 pm »

your ass is fucking loved and wanted

/r/nocontext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113407 on: June 20, 2018, 12:32:51 pm »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113408 on: June 20, 2018, 01:31:56 pm »

your ass is fucking loved and wanted

/r/nocontext
Dunno how my wife would feel about it, she probably just say "make sure you charge 'em in dollars!" hahahaha
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:52:15 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113409 on: June 20, 2018, 03:54:08 pm »

I'd say it is. Just writing about your problems, articulating them, can give them the definite shape they need to be in order to be inspected properly, resolved, or just discarded.

I would say there's also an inordinate number of good souls here, who will very patiently listen and offer advice. Even if they can't come up with a satisfying answer for the afflicted person, their presence alone indicates that the person is loved and wanted here.

Do you hear that Roboto, Hanslanda, whomever, your ass is fucking loved and wanted. Do you hear me?!

Y'all absolutely helped me the last time I wanted to eat a bullet, and a thousand other times besides.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113410 on: June 20, 2018, 07:03:49 pm »

Also, Hans. Don't become a junkie in an attempt to relieve stress. My grandfather was a junkie and he was almost completely nonfunctional.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113411 on: June 21, 2018, 03:39:43 am »

Got duped by a shitty scam site. My cousin shared the thing and since he uses Wizzair often I thought it was a legit thing, them offering some cheapo tickets for their 15th birthday. As it turns out filling in the form registers you for some argentinian polo broadcasting site or whatever which wouldn't be too terrible if in my rush to get the cheap stuff I hadn't entered my card data, so I guess I'll have to cancel the damn thing now before they can do any damage.

Guess now I know how they get the stolen card data. Still feel like a fucknut over it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113412 on: June 21, 2018, 05:17:26 am »

Also, Hans. Don't become a junkie in an attempt to relieve stress. My grandfather was a junkie and he was almost completely nonfunctional.

I was a functional junkie before. Now I just wish I could do drugs sometimes to make the feels go away. But I can't/won't use anymore so it's a moot point.
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113413 on: June 21, 2018, 05:51:37 am »

Got duped by a shitty scam site. My cousin shared the thing and since he uses Wizzair often I thought it was a legit thing, them offering some cheapo tickets for their 15th birthday. As it turns out filling in the form registers you for some argentinian polo broadcasting site or whatever which wouldn't be too terrible if in my rush to get the cheap stuff I hadn't entered my card data, so I guess I'll have to cancel the damn thing now before they can do any damage.

Guess now I know how they get the stolen card data. Still feel like a fucknut over it.
Next time you wanna waste money, don't. Or better, trow it into my direction! I won't spend it all in one place I promise! hahahaha

Sucky news, the minimum wage was raised 101% last night.... that means prices of everything will inflate at least 200% in the following days because that's just the way it works here... also a new wave of layouts and business closing down as result is very usual.

I was a functional junkie before. Now I just wish I could do drugs sometimes to make the feels go away. But I can't/won't use anymore so it's a moot point.
I feel happy you have the resolve to don't use them anymore my friend. You are an example to follow. Has anybody seen Mr. Roboto? I know I have bigger fishes to fry but can't really stop worrying about you guys too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 05:53:56 am by LordBaal »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113414 on: June 21, 2018, 06:55:16 am »

Well, my Windows update appears to be truly fucked right now.

I find a fix for the error I'm presently facing, another error appears. Fix that, another error. Fix that, another error...

No idea why, either.
Back up your files and then do a fresh install.
Pages: 1 ... 7559 7560 [7561] 7562 7563 ... 8156