Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7564 7565 [7566] 7567 7568 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8592825 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113475 on: June 24, 2018, 03:13:17 am »

Or do I need a literal ball of lead attached to my leg, because every problem can be solved by someone going "It could be wooooooorse!".

No, but there's a thing called a positive mindset vs a negative mindset.

Your mindset doesn't fix the problems, but having a negative spin on everything certainly isn't doing yourself any favors. Your biggest problem is that you have people around you reinforcing negative thinking, causing you to focus on negative things. "It could be worse" is an attempt to rejigger you to focus on the positives of your situation. Maybe those attempts aren't working, but you have to start on the track of counting what you have, not what you don't have. That's the only way forward.

If other people aren't willing to help you, then there's really not much else you can do but work on ways you can help yourself and be more self-reliant. List your top skills, pick the most enjoyable to practice (so you'll stick with them) and useful ones then spend time studying and practicing those skills. It certainly can't hurt you to do that, and nobody else can stop you doing that, only you can. Building up confidence in at least one area that you can learn is a good start, if like you say you believe you have no skills. Skills come from practice, nothing else, and everyone starts out as shit. Nobody can stop you learning.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/basics/cognitive-behavioral-therapy

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog/the-best-strategies-managing-adult-adhd/201402/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-7-effective-tips
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 04:07:11 am by Reelya »

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #113476 on: June 24, 2018, 04:44:06 am »

Yeah I can't help you anymore than saying that if you fight and make yourself stronger you will get through it.
But if you want to die because its easier than crawling out of the hole you are in then do as you see fit. I've been there where you are. Ive written about it on here in one way or another.

But you don't want to die do you? You want help and that means you want to live.
Well we are here to talk and support you but we won't and cant do the hard work you have to.

First thing I'd do is tell these people who are putting you down to stop because you're feeling suicidal and its contributing, if they don't care. Use that as fuel to get stronger or weaker.
I'm probably not helping and just ranting.

You can live. You are alive. Take it slowly and cherish the small things.
Once you are out of this hole you will see how good life is.
My name is Billy

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113477 on: June 24, 2018, 09:11:17 am »

"Wanker with a drum" season has started. Get humped you bigoted sectarian unionist fucks.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113478 on: June 24, 2018, 09:51:29 am »

"Wanker with a drum" season has started. Get humped you bigoted sectarian unionist fucks.

Hans likes this post for it's unapologetic hostility and mystifying subject matter.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113479 on: June 24, 2018, 11:07:01 am »

I believe Caz is Scottish, meaning most likely Orange Order nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #113480 on: June 24, 2018, 11:24:52 am »

-snip-
-snap-

I think there is a lot of truth in that. Our minds are pattern oriented. When we shove 'good' thoughts into it and force ourselves to see the good elements, it becomes conditioned towards positivity. Likewise, when we focus on negative things, or are surrounded by constant negative stimuli, we become conditioned to the other way as well.

With all that said, I think I still need some work myself. But whenever I get upset I just try to repeat positive words like a mantra; love, music, dancing, peace, joy etc. Not sure if it works, but it's often better than straight up anxiety.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113481 on: June 24, 2018, 12:13:20 pm »

It’s something that needs a lot of work and attention. Bad habits aren’t easy to fall into, so you always need to be mindful of how you’re feeling and why you’re feeling it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113482 on: June 24, 2018, 01:29:46 pm »

Hans likes this post for it's unapologetic hostility and mystifying subject matter.
Probably something to do with the Orange Order and the unionists. My brother being both, myself the latter.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #113483 on: June 24, 2018, 01:32:45 pm »

It’s something that needs a lot of work and attention. Bad habits aren’t easy to fall into, so you always need to be mindful of how you’re feeling and why you’re feeling it.

That too. Just being hungry is enough to change our emotions. Being aware of that though, can dim the effects.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:35:04 pm by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113484 on: June 24, 2018, 08:29:34 pm »

Does 'prod' count as a severe slur in this context?
Because I was going to post some light-hearted abuse using the word when it occurred to me that it might count as actual hate speech or something daft like that. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #113485 on: June 25, 2018, 06:39:29 am »

Does 'prod' count as a severe slur in this context?
Because I was going to post some light-hearted abuse using the word when it occurred to me that it might count as actual hate speech or something daft like that. :P
It does not, my good fellow. In fact, some of the less educated elements are known to refer to themselves as a "Proud Prod" or somesuch.

One of the first lessons my highschool history teacher gave, however, included a criticism of referring to oneself in such a manner, because apparently some of the little kiddies were calling themselves "prodestants"  :D.

Also, in NI, the loyalist-unionist debate can get... heated. As in "Start sticking bombs in bins" heated.
Ah, good times.

Been a while since it was quite so bad, though if it does return to that we'll be sure to thank Sinn Fein and their "waah waah we don't want to go to Stormont" approach.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113486 on: June 25, 2018, 03:13:24 pm »

By wanker with a drum I understood that some one masturbating furiously either employing a drum or holding a drum in his free hand, walking down the street Caz lives and Caz not being able to shush the onanist away because he's part of a sect or a union composed of bigots?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:15:17 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113487 on: June 25, 2018, 03:31:32 pm »

Look folks, I can tell you from personal experience that when a man is walking down the street masturbating angrily with a drum he does not want to be disturbed. Let him have his day.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113488 on: June 25, 2018, 04:47:40 pm »

One of the people from my graduating class just died, looks like an OD. He wasn't exactly a friend (more than a bit of a bully, to be honest), but it was a tiny high school and thus it was closer to a loose-knit family than anything else. 

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113489 on: June 25, 2018, 07:43:53 pm »

By wanker with a drum I understood that some one masturbating furiously either employing a drum or holding a drum in his free hand, walking down the street Caz lives and Caz not being able to shush the onanist away because he's part of a sect or a union composed of bigots?

His dipstick is the drumstick.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 7564 7565 [7566] 7567 7568 ... 8156