Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7577 7578 [7579] 7580 7581 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8616613 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113670 on: July 10, 2018, 04:55:52 am »

That looks too cute to be so stupid.
Survival mechanism. The moment anyone stops and gives him attention for his adorableness, he immediately starts feverishly licking big bro's crotch. Kinda ruins the illusion.

I've had a woman ask if he was nursing. "No ma'am. They're both males, and he's fully grown. He just really likes the D."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113671 on: July 10, 2018, 06:53:27 am »

Negative reinforcement is usable and useful. I'll spank my dogs mildly if they act out bad enough, and they seem to learn from it. Treats is the way to go though. And body language stuff.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113672 on: July 10, 2018, 08:03:46 am »

Seems like the problems is less the dogs themselves and more their owner who refuses to actually look after them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113673 on: July 10, 2018, 09:51:22 am »

I am a dog person, but gods I hate most tiny ankle biters. Most small dogs have issues. Not all, but a lot do. Makes sense though. If you insist on breeding a wolf into such a deformed state, you're bound to get some genetic defects in the brain department as a free bonus.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #113674 on: July 10, 2018, 09:53:10 am »

I am a dog person, but gods I hate most tiny ankle biters. Most small dogs have issues. Not all, but a lot do. Makes sense though. If you insist on breeding a wolf into such a deformed state, you're bound to get some genetic defects in the brain department as a free bonus.
I think the issue is not the dogs themselves, but people seeing little dogs and insisting on treating them like babies instead of dogs, laughing when the little furball tries to bite or snarl at someone instead of putting a stop to that nonsense.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113675 on: July 10, 2018, 09:57:17 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:55:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113676 on: July 10, 2018, 12:07:27 pm »

I do remember hearing a problem with negative reinforcement is making sure it associates it with the action, and not the person DOING the action (as in "This action gets me sprayed/pushed/etc" vs "This person is mean and scary for no reason")

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113677 on: July 10, 2018, 01:41:13 pm »

I know a vet that calls small dogs land-sharks.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113678 on: July 10, 2018, 06:18:40 pm »

There are plenty of dogs that are not actually bred from wolves.

Chihuahuas are evil little bastards and they are basically one generation removed from some type of Aztec friend-dog I forget the details.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113679 on: July 10, 2018, 08:03:32 pm »

There are plenty of dogs that are not actually bred from wolves.

Chihuahuas are evil little bastards and they are basically one generation removed from some type of Aztec friend-dog I forget the details.
Doesn't look that way to me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Source:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3459646/

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113680 on: July 10, 2018, 09:47:26 pm »

The science seems good, but I'm questioning the picture, since that wild group is just listing places with seemingly no correlation to anything else, and last I checked the coyote isn't the same species as the dog.... can someone explain those to me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113681 on: July 10, 2018, 09:52:44 pm »

The science seems good, but I'm questioning the picture, since that wild group is just listing places with seemingly no correlation to anything else, and last I checked the coyote isn't the same species as the dog.... can someone explain those to me
Coyotes and wolves/dogs hybridise readily, and some authors treat them as a subspecies, although it's rare. Honestly, pretty much all of Canis might as well be the same animal; they hybridise constantly, and most "wild" canids are part dog these days and usually part other canid species as well. The "Wild" section is probably referring to native wolf subspecies (and coyotes, which are 'close enough') by area, I suppose.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113682 on: July 10, 2018, 09:59:24 pm »

I mean the Canis group is actually an interesting experiment as to what happens when two species and a horribly mutated subspecies merge into one species, although we PROBABLY shouldn't continue it, since it would mean destroying the control groups, which is bad science

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113683 on: July 11, 2018, 01:42:15 am »

Yes, those blue branches in 'wild' are all wolves.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113684 on: July 11, 2018, 05:54:13 am »

Doesn't contain the Geatish Herding Dog; is completely suoergluous
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7577 7578 [7579] 7580 7581 ... 8156