Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7578 7579 [7580] 7581 7582 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471504 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113685 on: July 11, 2018, 06:36:30 am »

Superflous?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #113686 on: July 11, 2018, 10:03:56 am »

No, suoergluous

(yes, superflousus)
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113687 on: July 11, 2018, 10:18:05 am »

Most chihuahuas I've known before have been exceptionally nervous and snippy around people. Thankfully that's not the case here, as both are extremely loving around humans.

However, the eldest goes absolutely apeshit upon so much as hearing something that might jingle like another dog's tags. The strange thing is that he'll sometimes wag rapidly while going full-on berserkergang, which doesn't make any sense to me. Again, supposedly this is something new, since GF asserts that he was socialized properly and fine around other dogs before.

Since they've always been together, the youngest really never got a chance to socialize properly and as such has very low self-confidence, so even though he's generally a bit calmer around other dogs he can get frightened and intimidated rather easily, which leads to growling and a snap if the other dog doesn't back off.

Honestly, the eldest is just a massively neurotic potato. Can't trim his nails because he falls into a complete panic whenever the trimmer comes out (he's gotten much better than he was before. First time I helped out trim his nails, he worked himself into a full frenzy, hyperventilation, flop sweating out of paws and ears, eyes about ready to pop out of his head, ears turning almost crimson from all the blood pumping to his head etc.), terrified of plastic bags, eats dust and hair, constantly tries to steal the youngest's food, horrified at the prospect of getting wet (if there's water on the ground, he'll start limping with one leg held up so that he can at least save one paw from the dreadful tragedy that is moisture), barks at dogs, barks at cats, barks at cars parked in places cars are not normally parked, barks at boxes or bags that are standing places where those boxes or bags do not normally stand, barks at the dark, barks at dark people, barks at the door on the off chance there might be some darkness or plastic bags on the other side of the door, barks at himself barking... It's tiring.

Absolutely adores people though. Kids especially.

Seems like the problems is less the dogs themselves and more their owner who refuses to actually look after them.
And since I clearly don't have the resources to remedy the situation after repeated attempts, that kinda reflects poorly on my own dog-caring abilities, which is what I'm mainly upset about. 9 times out of 10 it's just the owner screwing up their dog in some way, I just thought I was better than those 9 times.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113688 on: July 11, 2018, 10:54:26 am »

One owner enabling bad behavior is all it takes mate. You can't blame yourself for doing everything in your power to train them if the other owner allows them to misbehave.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113689 on: July 11, 2018, 11:13:24 am »

TBF I used to call the :Dm "sundaypeople" but that's not vocabulary, sorry normal and homosexual people.

edit:  oh my god that sounds awful, you know what i mean (these rwo words aren't mutually exclusive)

Imagine them going past your window at 8am on a sunday. And every day. And sometimes in the afternoon because fuck you we want to eat catholic babies and throw bricks at churches yay!

* you require more police vans.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2aFgN_t6qE

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113690 on: July 14, 2018, 12:18:17 am »

Cop-outs come as naturally to me as breathing.
They have a similar amount of unpleasant side-effects, too. I guess I'll just lie in bed reading and pondering the futility of my existence instead of fulfilling my social obligations.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113691 on: July 14, 2018, 05:39:28 am »

Cop-outs come as naturally to me as breathing.
They have a similar amount of unpleasant side-effects, too. I guess I'll just lie in bed reading and pondering the futility of my existence instead of fulfilling my social obligations.
But isn't it such a freeing feeling when someone else cancels the event before you back out? Just think of this as taking the initiative.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113692 on: July 14, 2018, 09:36:35 am »

Wow yeah, that feeling is amazing.  It also feels so good to play will-I-won't-I right up to an event...  It's like adrenaline.  Literally every activity feels so much better if I'm procrastinating on a deadline, the closer it gets.  It's... addictive, and used to be more of a problem for me.

I've missed a wedding too, one I really wanted to attend.  It's a lot of preparation, then a lot of close-quarters social, and often a lot of church.  I honestly think funerals are easier, because they're less energetic (except in Louisiana :P).  Sometimes I've forced myself to attend a thing, and felt fine, then felt emotionally shattered for a week or two.  It's okay to not go.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113693 on: July 16, 2018, 05:30:34 pm »

One of my best friends died last night. Hit by a car.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113694 on: July 16, 2018, 06:24:36 pm »

:(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113695 on: July 16, 2018, 07:48:47 pm »

:(

Thanks, man. I don't know if anyone wants to read the whole story, but here. It's...sad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just feel like a very small and mostly ineffectual part of a large and random universe right now.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113696 on: July 16, 2018, 10:14:33 pm »

So sorry for you.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113697 on: July 16, 2018, 10:18:57 pm »

That is simply crushing. I wish you and yours the best.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #113698 on: July 16, 2018, 11:48:49 pm »

Damn, that's awful!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113699 on: July 17, 2018, 05:07:58 am »

That's horrible... But at the very least, they got to see something positive in their life again before going. You've done a great thing by helping them out as you did, and your contribution helped to give at least some light in the tragedy.

That is simply crushing. I wish you and yours the best.
Phrasing
Pages: 1 ... 7578 7579 [7580] 7581 7582 ... 8153