Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7579 7580 [7581] 7582 7583 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567023 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113700 on: July 17, 2018, 06:26:39 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:57:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113701 on: July 17, 2018, 06:57:24 am »

Trekking that's awful. I whish you the stregth to endure this blow and acceptance to overcome it pal. Our family prayers will be with your friend and you.

As Kagus say what you did was remarkable when most people would have just turned their backs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:59:44 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113702 on: July 17, 2018, 11:54:13 am »

Trekking that's awful. I whish you the stregth to endure this blow and acceptance to overcome it pal. Our family prayers will be with your friend and you.

As Kagus say what you did was remarkable when most people would have just turned their backs.

Thanks, man. And everyone. It means a lot to me.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113703 on: July 17, 2018, 02:09:45 pm »

I just feel like a very small and mostly ineffectual part of a large and random universe right now.

Any amount of years of flawless dilligence can be lost in a splitsecond. Anybody who thinks they own their success to nothing but their efforts is just arrogant.
This, this a thousand times. So many people do not understand this concept. Luck is by far the most important thing for success.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113704 on: July 17, 2018, 04:51:12 pm »

Shit, days like today are the worst. Having my niece sick, enduring idiot bosses for pennies, the hunger and accompanying drowsiness and headache. I try to be all zen like, a day at the time, each day brings it's own hurry... a tasty meal awaits for me at home, and my brother in law has enough to cover for mi niece illness, which is nothing but a bad case of the flu.

Ugh... the hardest part of all this crap is staving off malnutrition and in my personal case sleep deprivation from overwork while battling the hostile bureaucracy and rampant corruption. Some days I just feel without hope, but my family and son give me strength and resolve to push forward. Even if I burn out, they both will have a future.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113705 on: July 19, 2018, 01:15:19 pm »

I'm tired and stressed out and just not feeling life today.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #113706 on: July 19, 2018, 08:21:11 pm »

Grandfather remembers sleeping in chair most of the day. Actually left around eight in the morning, apparently didn't come home until five, six in the afternoon.

I'm entirely too sick to be dealing with this right now :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113707 on: July 19, 2018, 10:35:00 pm »

I just feel like a very small and mostly ineffectual part of a large and random universe right now.
I've realised this, and dealt with it by altering my worldview.

Will I do anything lasting or important? Unless I start WWIII: Nuclear Boogalee, nope. So, what can I do? Well fuck it, I can have a happy life and help other people do the same.
Do just that. Embrace the insignificance of your life.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113708 on: July 20, 2018, 12:36:51 pm »

I am Ozymandias, King of Kings. All my giant statue bullshit is sand now, turns out significance is completely relative. Go figure.

~Found on a broke rock in the desert
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113709 on: July 20, 2018, 01:10:58 pm »

I've realised this, and dealt with it by altering my worldview.

Will I do anything lasting or important? Unless I start WWIII: Nuclear Boogalee, nope. So, what can I do? Well fuck it, I can have a happy life and help other people do the same.
Do just that. Embrace the insignificance of your life.

Nah. Not even trying sucks worse than failing, just over a long enough period that you get numb to it. On balance, I'd rather have done it than not, and I'd rather do it again than not.

I'd rather embrace that I get to decide what scale I consider significant, and I find it as rewarding to help a few people personally as I do to help a lot of people professionally.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 01:13:44 pm by Trekkin »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113710 on: July 20, 2018, 07:48:21 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:00:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113711 on: July 20, 2018, 08:35:49 pm »

they were allways there for me and don't deserve to be treated that way, especially over pedantic shit that I don't really care about
If this is true then

I really really really needed to be alone.
They will immediately understand this and indeed encourage it.

When I have to outright cancel pre-made plans on my best buds because, say, I need to spend time with my wife or just need to rest after a particularly difficult day, their response is "yeah man go for it see you next time". This is what really good friends do. Frankly I would tell my friends that yeah I'm going through some really difficult times right now and just need to focus on rest and life tasks. When my wife got fired illegally for being pregnant and we were out of money for like 6 months, that was a good example for me. My buds totally understood and checked on me whenever they saw me/thought about me.

It sounds like you are going through some serious trouble there, let us know if you want to talk some more about it. This is basically the thread for that. I feel like we all know more about each other's shit than probably some of our immediate family, and I mean that in a good way.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113712 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:24 am »

^

Dunamisdeos speaks wisdom mate.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113713 on: July 21, 2018, 05:36:59 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:00:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113714 on: July 21, 2018, 10:59:03 am »

It does seem like maybe you just need some time to yourself. Frankly you've been through a great deal, more than most people I've spoken to have been through in such a short time.

Some time away from social activity is often helpful. Just make sure you do have someone available in case you need a good talking or even just to periodically remind yourself that you aren't alone. What you're describing is basically a sensation of being burned out. I went through a similar (admittedly less intense by description) period of that sort of thing, and I ended up downgrading my job and avoiding any and all social extraneous social situations for like a year. For me it was an alcohol problem instead of the drugs, and I had my parents to help me with a living situation. A lot of people aren't as lucky as I in that regard either in parents that are willing to help or as um.... relatively pleasant, as mine, but hopefully someone is willing to help if you need that.

The point was I had basically burned out on the parts of life I always (stupidly) assumed I would never get tired of and needed to lay off the gas as much as possible to recuperate. It lasted a few years and at the end I had the gusto to get back to improving my life. I don't regret it at all now, and in the end I've found that such things can be as natural/necessary to our constitution as sleep and equally silly to deny ourselves out of a sense of duty or pride.
Pages: 1 ... 7579 7580 [7581] 7582 7583 ... 8156