Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7580 7581 [7582] 7583 7584 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8617191 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113715 on: July 21, 2018, 11:41:03 am »

Speaking of burning out, I think I just did. I'm uninterested in my life. I'm either too smart or too arrogant to be this person. I want to act out dangerously. In many ways. Cheating, drugs, violence. I'm so fucked up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113716 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:00 pm »

I'm either too smart or too arrogant

Ok so look I don't want to be this kind of asshole but maybe this should be considered further on it's own? One of those is a good thing, the other is correctable!

Also, there are ways to let that steam off without drugs or alcohol or pedestrian murder and whatnot. Sounds like you are looking for excitement, or maybe just something new. Is something stopping you from, say, signing up for some manner of exciting activity? I did martial arts for a while and the ability to kick one of those floor-standing punching bags across a room makes you feel like an incredible badass whether that's a practical thing or no.

Maybe take up painting. It's not too expensive and provides a clear path of progression towards improvement. Also, you get to introduce yourself as a painter which makes you sound like a cultured coolguy. Buddy of mine felt that way and took up model painting, like those little figurines. We just sort of sit in discord and dick around while he paints.

Get youself some grown-up make believe play hobbies, it's great and if you don't like it or fail somehow it doesn't matter.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113717 on: July 21, 2018, 01:59:50 pm »

Warhammer figurines? Or a cheap vacations in a tropical comunistoid hell hole with great views. I already did  the math for you. With 1000 dollars you could pretty much buy half country like on that eurotrip movie. :p

Seriously you could have great vacations as long you are careful enough.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113718 on: July 21, 2018, 02:12:08 pm »

Speaking of burning out, I think I just did. I'm uninterested in my life. I'm either too smart or too arrogant to be this person. I want to act out dangerously. In many ways. Cheating, drugs, violence. I'm so fucked up.
Welcome to middle age crisis, iteration no.: like a billion.
I say go for it, the full monty, like so many before you. How else will you find out that cheating is kinda boring, you don't actually like drugs, and you're just no good at violence?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113719 on: July 21, 2018, 03:52:15 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:00:00 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113720 on: July 21, 2018, 05:42:19 pm »

To be fair I have less regrets because someone pulled me out of my alcoholism before I required AA meetings.

I recommend finding any other outlet whatsoever aside from substance abuse.

@LordBaal
He is indeed doing Warhammer figurines right now. He's gotten quite good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113721 on: July 22, 2018, 08:47:17 am »

I just have no idea what kind of hobby I'd take up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113722 on: July 22, 2018, 08:53:30 am »

Have you considered adulterous liaisons with violent drug addicts? Technically checks all the requisite boxes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113723 on: July 22, 2018, 09:00:58 am »

I'd personally recommend taking up re-enacting. There's a great deal of catharsis in battering someone with a sword, even in a relatively safe manner.  It drains off that restlessness quickly and allows you to express a portion of yourself that we are -very- rarely provided an opportunity to express.

Related note - I have heard it said that stress-relieving toys are designed to have the feel of human flesh, because, -in a totally not psychopathic way- we're wired for it.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113724 on: July 22, 2018, 09:07:53 am »

Smuggling families out of communist dictatorships to a better life? :P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113725 on: July 22, 2018, 09:22:40 am »

Re-enacting sounds pretty good. I always used to passionately enjoy that sort of thing.

Smuggling families out of communist dictatorships to a better life? :P

You joke but I feel like this is the sort of thing I'd genuinely enjoy.
He's fucking with us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113726 on: July 22, 2018, 09:33:35 am »

I've occasionally mused on purchasing a firearm and related military paraphernalia and heading off to a country that the UK is at war with and just getting shot at until I die. It's not illegal to go and engage in a private war if the UK is at war with the state, and as long as you obey the various international laws, there's not a lot anyone can do about it, except obviously the other guys can kill you.

I haven't because I'm lazy and I hate the heat.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113727 on: July 22, 2018, 10:56:57 am »

I've occasionally mused on purchasing a firearm and related military paraphernalia and heading off to a country that the UK is at war with and just getting shot at until I die. It's not illegal to go and engage in a private war if the UK is at war with the state, and as long as you obey the various international laws, there's not a lot anyone can do about it, except obviously the other guys can kill you.

The moment UK declare war on Russia or Canada (can that happen?) you are toasted then.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113728 on: July 22, 2018, 11:11:02 am »

I won't ever go to the military because of poor vision. More like a happy, just joining in on the discussion.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:13:07 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113729 on: July 22, 2018, 11:12:58 am »

The moment UK declare war on Russia or Canada (can that happen?) you are toasted then.

Problem is, for unrelated reasons I feel a great fondness for the Scandinavian countries and Canada. It really has to be Iceland/Greenland or Russia (although I'm a bit of a ruski fan as well).  Even if we went somewhere cold, i'm still lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 7580 7581 [7582] 7583 7584 ... 8156