Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7617 7618 [7619] 7620 7621 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577227 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114270 on: September 17, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »

It seems Peter has dengue. Fucking tropical diseases. If is not the hemorrhagic kind everything will be alright.
:(
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114271 on: September 17, 2018, 06:22:29 pm »

Non-hemorrhagic dengue is just incredibly annoying IF treated correctly.

I'd say get the kid to a hospital but, uh... that might not be an option I guess.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114272 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:27 pm »

I'm awaiting the results of the blood test that makes the plaquette counts which indicate whether is dengue or a regular viral infection. He seemed a little swollen I'm his hands and feet which have me horribly worried.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114273 on: September 18, 2018, 07:41:13 am »

Banning knives is almost as dumb as banning guns.

UK banned the ownership of handguns in 1996 after the Dunblane massacre. There have been no school shootings since.

Coincidence I suppose.

Inb4 another Murican says, "Hurr durr but what about school stabbings?"
China's had a few mass stabbings actually. None at schools though, from what I can tell.

Oh I know. I also know mass stabbings are pretty ineffectual.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114274 on: September 18, 2018, 08:15:43 am »

Re: Right to bear arms

I'm so glad that we don't have that shit over here. There's enough crime already.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #114275 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:05 am »

Don't you just have regular bears, and by extension, bear arms?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114276 on: September 18, 2018, 09:29:01 am »

Worse than that: Armed bears bearing bare bear arms.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114277 on: September 18, 2018, 09:29:41 am »

Don't you just have regular bears, and by extension, bear arms?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114278 on: September 18, 2018, 10:13:32 am »

I'm so glad that we don't have that shit over here. There's enough crime already.
Right. You just have lunatic mobsters named "Fish" and a bunch of military gear that wasn't watched all that carefully.

How's the Kalashnikov brand actually viewed over there? I heard they'd made a new civilian car, I'm curious how much popularity the name is going to get it.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114279 on: September 18, 2018, 10:24:07 am »

Right. You just have lunatic mobsters named "Fish" and a bunch of military gear that wasn't watched all that carefully.

How's the Kalashnikov brand actually viewed over there? I heard they'd made a new civilian car, I'm curious how much popularity the name is going to get it.
Well... AFAIK it's a pretty respected military gun provider. Making cars would be viewed as a bit silly (but not an outright bad decision).

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114280 on: September 18, 2018, 12:50:07 pm »

Our baby is still sick. High fevers that only succumbs for a few minutes after high doses of acetaminophen and warm water showers. Doctors say is viral and not any kind of dengue so we can at least be grateful for that. Both of us have data without proper sleep, the wife more than me because peter cries for her as she still breastfeed him. Missed work today.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114281 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:52 pm »

What a relief that it's not dengue. A sick baby is extremely hard on the parents as well, you have my sympathies. Mine is just recovering from strep.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114282 on: September 18, 2018, 01:12:19 pm »

Holy a shit strep infection is something not to envy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114283 on: September 18, 2018, 01:25:45 pm »

We caught it super early by sheer luck, so it's going away very quickly. I'd say your viral is worse, since you can basically just treat the symptoms and keep them as inactive as you can keep the energetic pile of romp that is a baby.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114284 on: September 18, 2018, 03:08:41 pm »

Met a leaver from my old school in a job interview today, and their frank advice has fucked me up proper. Can't believe it, I am trembling slightly with the weight of the decision. I honestly think I'm going to turn down three good job offers with salaries I have no right of refusing to instead try get a job teaching English in China for a salary which will cover upkeep. All of my friends and family are divided on the issue, the majority are against it but sympathetic nonetheless, a not insignificant number are against it in totality. The one person I trust entirely I haven't been able to contact for two weeks, and I don't know where they are. I have to trust in my own judgement that I know what I am pursuing, and when your judgement goes against the advice of everyone you have absolute faith in, the pressure hurts. I know if I met someone like myself I would advise them to take the path of economic security first and pursue all else later, and to have such a confidence in myself goes against my own view that I am not a person who refuses job offers, or can refuse them. Most can't fathom why I'd try so hard to get to this phase just to reject the offers on the assumption that I will be able to find good employment later. My own conscience accuses me of madness or arrogance. The advice I received however was to be confident, and not make the mistake of letting yourself be forced into taking the first offer you get, which in my case has been aided by the added pressure of a particularly aggressive recruiter, and naturally intense family politick. The advice cuts deep with its biting accuracy. What_am_I_doing?
Pages: 1 ... 7617 7618 [7619] 7620 7621 ... 8156