Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7623 7624 [7625] 7626 7627 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8602418 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114360 on: September 29, 2018, 11:14:14 am »

His character's wife, not his IRL wife.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114361 on: September 29, 2018, 11:30:50 am »

My alcohol wonk has evolved to full neuroticism. I have been, for the last few days, multiple times a day, paralyzed with worry for drinking friends, anger at the sections of society that enable it and frustration that even people I talk to regularly seem to have no idea why I think the way I do.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #114362 on: September 29, 2018, 11:34:09 am »

It's over. My cat is dead. My beloved Thomas is dead. I've... I've arranged everything that needed to be done. Said my goodbyes.

He was an old cat. He would have been turning 18 soon. But he had so much energy, even up to the end. And he was such a good cat. Such an affectionate kitty. He helped me through so many bad times. He liked to snuggle up to me at night. He liked a lot of things. He was a good boy. Sometimes a very naughty boy, but a good boy.

Now I'm just... lying in bed, crying. God this is just... this is hard to take. I don't know what to do with myself. I miss him so much already.  :'(
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114363 on: September 29, 2018, 11:39:06 am »

That's the best possible tribute to your bond you could ever give. You loved him and he loved you and he may be gone but he got a gift most don't. When he passed he knew, without a doubt, that you were there for him.

My condolences though.  :(
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114364 on: September 29, 2018, 01:54:33 pm »

I'm really sorry to hear that :(

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114365 on: September 29, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »

I'm happy for the time you got to have with Thomas

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114366 on: September 29, 2018, 03:01:28 pm »

Thank you guys. I appreciate it a lot. I'm not doing too well, but I'd be doing even worse if not for friends like yourselves.
That's the best possible tribute to your bond you could ever give. You loved him and he loved you and he may be gone but he got a gift most don't. When he passed he knew, without a doubt, that you were there for him.
I hope so. It's painful to think about it.  I should feel very happy that he came over to me, before it ended. He had been sleeping in a corner all day, I guess wanting to be alone. But when I called out to him, he came over... and he lay down next to where I was, and he died on that very spot, as I pet him. I didn't even realize it when it happened; he had stopped meowing, so I thought he was resting, or, later, that he was in a coma... I guess that may have just been wishful thinking.

I'm happy for the time you got to have with Thomas
I am too. We had a long time together... And we were so close. Not for the first few years, maybe, but the entire second half of his life I was most certainly his real owner. He followed me around the house, he came over onto my bed and snuggled next to me when I went to bed, I played with him, pet him, loved him. I spent a lot of nights in my teenage years, staying up late just to pet him.

He was a good cat. He was a good friend. Talking about these things reminds me how sad I am that he's gone, but I am very happy I had the time with him I did.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114367 on: September 29, 2018, 03:29:28 pm »

I am too. We had a long time together... And we were so close. Not for the first few years, maybe, but the entire second half of his life I was most certainly his real owner. He followed me around the house, he came over onto my bed and snuggled next to me when I went to bed, I played with him, pet him, loved him. I spent a lot of nights in my teenage years, staying up late just to pet him.

He was a good cat. He was a good friend. Talking about these things reminds me how sad I am that he's gone, but I am very happy I had the time with him I did.
Memories of sincere love of that calibre are beautiful ones to have. I'm not sure I have anything profound to say, but you've got my ears, and certainly bay12's.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114368 on: September 29, 2018, 10:47:44 pm »

Found out someone I cared for very deeply, for years, viewed me as a burden. It was more disappointing to hear it. But it did make me really sad.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114369 on: October 02, 2018, 12:06:10 am »

Messaged my ex, apologized for being an asshole last week, brought up some things to fix our friendship (bitch session, having others call us out on shit that's not ok rather than getting defensive on things, etc.)

I don't want the friendship to end, but I hope I can pull the impossible a second time and change her mind

The only thing I said involving her at all last week was she insulted me by saying she wanted to not be friends until D&D time, going back to an earlier talk where we all told her she expected everyone to bend over backwards for her but she didn't have to do anything (I mentioned this earlier, but she shot down every suggestion for our vacation, contributed nothing, backed out a month in advance, but at the very last minute, DEMANDED that she joins us). I told her how its not even possible to even do as she wanted because she puts headphones on for drives (which she didn't do the last time we had lots of driving, and we had plenty of nice chats, and an all around good time for everyone) and she, like me, goes 100% focus into D&D and doesn't get distracted when we play, so its less she won't do it cause she doesn't want to but rather she won't because she wouldn't really be able to.

I'm waiting for a response and I mentioned to her I DO want a response back from her if we still stay friends or not, if she has reasons or not, or whatever. I'm sad mostly because I know how she is, I know my luck is piss poor and my talking skills only go so far.

Having Gnossienne No. 1 on repeat while doing homework prior to this didn't help any to be fair...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114370 on: October 02, 2018, 01:03:49 am »

Well, I'm feeling better now; not better, maybe, less constantly sad. Less in need of continuous distraction, less breaking out in tears constantly. But things still constantly remind me of him. Any time I come home, I think of why the cat hasn't come over to inspect what I've brought. He always had a bad tendency to pee on things (and in things); any time I see paper on the floor or a closet open, I think "I need to pick it up, close it, make sure he can't pee." and I'm sad. I think of his favorite spots in the house (and he had many; It was always a mystery to me how he managed to find so many nooks and crannies in such a small apartment. I know he had some which were so well hidden I had been worried that he had against all odds left the apartment or worse, died - some of those spots he has taken to the grave with him). You don't even really notice how much a pet (or a person, of course) affects different parts of your life.

Well, my mother has taken over the apartment again, while I return to college. It'll be hard for her too: this month had been her first time with both of her children out of the apartment (in actual decades). Now she really will be alone. She'll survive, as I will...

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114371 on: October 02, 2018, 07:27:49 am »

She ended things

I'm sad but I'm more relieved than anything
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114372 on: October 02, 2018, 08:49:32 am »

She ended things

I'm sad but I'm more relieved than anything
It's for the best, dude. Feeling sad is a natural response and a pretty good indicator that you're human. It'll pass, the relief will stay.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114373 on: October 02, 2018, 01:14:37 pm »

I've considered deleting all of my various social media accounts - Reddit, RPG Geek, swearing off of DriveThruRPG, all of it. All because of one negative review of a shit product. The author of the product is now so infatuated with me (and the imaginary alt accounts his headcanon says I am in possession of) that he's followed me to a few different sites and badmouths me every chance he can get, all while playing the victim card and painting me as some deranged individual. Mods don't appear to care.

I'm just done with that shit. Kind of bummed I may be losing all of the work I put logging my RPG collection but I'll survive. All he's got at the moment is a vague location and my first name. Hope he can't physically track me more than that.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114374 on: October 02, 2018, 01:18:13 pm »

I've considered deleting all of my various social media accounts - Reddit, RPG Geek, swearing off of DriveThruRPG, all of it. All because of one negative review of a shit product. The author of the product is now so infatuated with me (and the imaginary alt accounts his headcanon says I am in possession of) that he's followed me to a few different sites and badmouths me every chance he can get, all while playing the victim card and painting me as some deranged individual. Mods don't appear to care.

I'm just done with that shit. Kind of bummed I may be losing all of the work I put logging my RPG collection but I'll survive. All he's got at the moment is a vague location and my first name. Hope he can't physically track me more than that.
Shit, online stalking is not good. I would ask the mods if there's a way to suspend your account, and make it invisible. May let you keep the work, but stay out of sight.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7623 7624 [7625] 7626 7627 ... 8156