Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7627 7628 [7629] 7630 7631 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578272 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114420 on: October 15, 2018, 04:29:15 pm »

God I just wish I could reroll and start over.
Oh man, every freakin' day. Even if I didn't get to keep the knowledge I've gained in this feeble attempt at life it seems statistically improbable that I could fuck it up anywhere near so badly a second time.

Even my daydreams have pretty much given up on me these days.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114421 on: October 15, 2018, 04:48:26 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:54:00 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114422 on: October 15, 2018, 05:08:06 pm »

Stop convincing yourself that the majority has been taught crucial life skills from early on that you weren't.

This is the secret truth to life, basically.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114423 on: October 15, 2018, 05:45:27 pm »

I agree mostly with what others have said - everyone has difficulties in life. If you 're-roll' you would just end up with a different group of difficulties that you have to work through. This idea you have that everyone else was given a 'magic key' on how to solve everything in their lives while you were overlooked is frankly nonsense and thinking such things will only make you miserable and isolated from others.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114424 on: October 15, 2018, 05:57:21 pm »

Like, a lot of people say things to me like wow you are so happy, or nice, or fun, or have everything together... and that is because I am good at presenting myself as a charismatic happy person. It's my job at work, basically, so I got good at it. People have been like gee I wish I could be like you, Duna.

But I am actually poor as balls on state assistance with two people working full-time in the house and I forget to take the trash out until there are like 6 bags and sometimes dishes pile up on my sink until I run out of forks and I got audited by the state because I forgot my state taxes, and I almost lost my wife out of sheer apathy once. I have made some fukkin mistakes and you will too, because everyone does.

"Successful" people make all the same kinds of mistakes with different details. It is ok. Some people come up to me and say that oh your car is junk, you live in a small APT so you need to get up and do more or gain more or make more "progress" in my life and my response is that I am meeting MY OWN GOALS in MY life and YOUR goals are not MY goals, so no I think I'm ok thanks for asking. Sometimes it's about confidence in yourself more than anything else.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114425 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:25 pm »

People are always trying to present their best selves.

Perhaps the analogy of a maths problem is apt here. All you see is the answer, you don’t see all the work they had to do to get there. All the erasing, torn paper, scratching out, side equations and shit like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114426 on: October 15, 2018, 10:35:01 pm »

I got super anxious and dodged a soft (uncommitted) meetup with my dad this morning.  Even overate a tasty thing to feel sick, because it's *so* much easier to say "no" when I do that.  I didn't even mention the nausea, it just helped me hold my ground.

But then I had a remarkably productive day, riding the nervous energy and guilt.  Even drove to a friend of my dad and fixed his computer, then his audiovideo system heh.  Nothing serious.  Felt good.  Felt really, really good to feel useful.

And that's where this sad gets weird.  Dad's friend's home is *beautiful*, like, something out of TV.  He's retired and gardens a lot, so his front yard is decorated and manicured (and atop a beautiful terrace, making it even more imposing).  But his BACK yard is also amazing.  There are so many details which I can't even recall, the "decorations", because they were just accents in some sort of landscape piece.  So much subtler than the local Art Museum's yard, heh.

And his home was, of course, spotless and... naturally lit, and also huge in a relatively small space.  But huge without feeling empty.  But filled without feeling crowded, or impeding movement.

And his computer desk was varnished, and a strangely comfortable warped-kidney-shape.  And there was a little coaster bearing the sign of my high school (well, my third high school) for when I put down my cup of Perrier with lime as we sat there in some ergo-fucking-nomic chairs waiting for Windows 7 to recover the restore point, and talked about horses.

Dad lives across the street, with his girlfriend.  They mow the lawn, enough.  We kept/they keep the front presentable, enough, and resent the neighborhood association for it.  The house is cozily cramped, the occasional pile of papers or old cables/hard drives become landmarks rather than obstacles.  We finally recycled the remaining junker-mopeds from the driveway, once a fierce hobby but then just trellises.  The drive is covered in cracks, through which ambitious greenery sprout.

Last year we noticed we had some cinderblocks of differing heights, and upgraded the steps for the main porch.  Previously the step was a bag of concrete we'd accidentally left in the rain, and dragged over.

We didn't *have* to live that way, he/we chose to.  Dad had budget and we had plenty of time.  He just liked it that way.  He grew up... with enough, but less than what he has now.  I think he didn't want to spoil us, or put on airs, and I'm more than okay with that.  I treasure it.

But I hadn't seen such a perfect home in a while, and it kinda hurts.

He's so nice, though.  No judgement whatsoever, eager to chat about life and applaud my choices.  He offered to pay me with a few beers out, and I think I might take him up on it next week.
shoulda asked for cash
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114427 on: October 16, 2018, 07:49:15 am »

I agree mostly with what others have said - everyone has difficulties in life. If you 're-roll' you would just end up with a different group of difficulties that you have to work through.

I would do anything to end up with a different group of difficulties.
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114428 on: October 16, 2018, 08:58:16 am »

I agree mostly with what others have said - everyone has difficulties in life. If you 're-roll' you would just end up with a different group of difficulties that you have to work through.

The grass is always greener, etc.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114429 on: October 16, 2018, 09:17:26 am »

"...where the dogs are shitting, aw yeah"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114430 on: October 16, 2018, 10:03:38 am »

Sometimes it is, though. That's the reason Denmark and Sweden kept fighting over Scania after all.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114431 on: October 16, 2018, 10:05:16 am »

As a drug addicted self-loathing loser with crippling depression and a complete lack of motivation to do anything and no ambition... You probably don't want different problems. I don't. I'm just getting used to mine.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114432 on: October 16, 2018, 10:29:23 am »

As a drug addicted self-loathing loser with crippling depression and a complete lack of motivation to do anything and no ambition... You probably don't want different problems. I don't. I'm just getting used to mine.

That's always a fun rabbit hole to get out of.

"Dig UP, stupid!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114433 on: October 16, 2018, 11:07:06 am »

You okay, Hans?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114434 on: October 16, 2018, 11:32:51 am »

Yeah I'm fine. I'm referencing my difficulties and how I wouldn't change them for new unknown ones in relation to the conversation above.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7627 7628 [7629] 7630 7631 ... 8156