Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7628 7629 [7630] 7631 7632 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578285 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114435 on: October 16, 2018, 12:03:06 pm »

As a drug addicted self-loathing loser with crippling depression and a complete lack of motivation to do anything and no ambition... You probably don't want different problems. I don't. I'm just getting used to mine.

I mean I don't want to make this into a pity me party (but be assured I will not respond in any other way to people trying to give me perspective (that is one of my problems by he way)), but I still regard you as greener grass than me, Hans.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114436 on: October 16, 2018, 12:22:09 pm »

One of my coworkers proved itself to be an awful human being today
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114437 on: October 16, 2018, 12:44:02 pm »

Seeing as you're in the medical field, dare I ask how?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114438 on: October 16, 2018, 01:05:08 pm »

I think that that statement I made about rerolling and starting over was really stupid. Like I wanted to say I wanted to kill myself, but also keep on living; an oxymoron. That I wanted to keep all my maturity, but also return totally to infantile innocence; a contradiction. That I wanted my life to be more meaningful and real, but I said that with a videogame analogy; just raw idiocy.

I think it goes without saying that my life is undermined by myself. By my failure to sustain motivation and discipline for any length of time, and so everything feels like it has an inflated sense of difficulty. I was never forced to do anything very hard for my entire adolescent life, and now my adult life is ONLY comprised of very hard problems, I feel grossly unprepared. It's just enough to make me want to give up.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:44:09 pm by JoshuaFH »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114439 on: October 16, 2018, 01:27:29 pm »

Seeing as you're in the medical field, dare I ask how?
Not in any medical way*. This person is just used to bullying other people and tried to do the same to me. This is a person I was trying to help yesterday btw, hoping to get some help with something in turn. And the answer was to A: not help me with that something  B: try to oneup me in public C: try to offload more work on me. In a rude fashion.  People can be very unpleasant in non medical ways.

* in general I refrain and have refrained in the past from discussing medical disagreements in public, especially in the last two years. In general, unless someone is doing something ludicrous, I default to assuming they are doing the best they can and discuss any disagreements and/or offer help in private. I also expect people to reciprocate. Things are seldom clear-cut, often there is no right or wrong decision, and everyone gets doubts sometimes (that's what referrals and consultations and second opinions are for). Posturing in regards to these subjects (in both ways: harassing other doctors, and procclaiming your own infallibility) can lead to environments that are bad for doctors and patients.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114440 on: October 16, 2018, 05:45:32 pm »

I agree mostly with what others have said - everyone has difficulties in life. If you 're-roll' you would just end up with a different group of difficulties that you have to work through. This idea you have that everyone else was given a 'magic key' on how to solve everything in their lives while you were overlooked is frankly nonsense and thinking such things will only make you miserable and isolated from others.
At least they have a life in which to solve things.
Stop belittling me for belittling myself.

Unrelated: I am tired today. Accidentally left an alarm on which woke me up far earlier than was necessary. Plus I think I am still exhausted from yesterday's tribulations.
Also I have forgotten the dreams I had. They probably weren't very restful.

Come to think of it, I had a bunch of things I was supposed to do today. I'll be lucky if I get even the easiest of them done (hanging out laundry), let alone the more difficult (trekking a couple of suburbs over to Sydney Road and going op-shopping for Halloween costume parts).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 05:47:40 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114441 on: October 16, 2018, 06:08:42 pm »

I agree mostly with what others have said - everyone has difficulties in life. If you 're-roll' you would just end up with a different group of difficulties that you have to work through. This idea you have that everyone else was given a 'magic key' on how to solve everything in their lives while you were overlooked is frankly nonsense and thinking such things will only make you miserable and isolated from others.

You what?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114442 on: October 16, 2018, 08:42:29 pm »

It’s Australian for “your mother is so fat she exerts gravity on her surroundings”, if I translated correctly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114443 on: October 17, 2018, 02:14:45 am »

I'm just so tired, and so tired of everything. Every time I think I can stop, something new happens or goes wrong. And all the time, everything slowly deteriorates further and further as I run out of energy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114444 on: October 17, 2018, 07:10:45 am »

Just spent 27 hours in a half national wide blackout. No even cellphone battery because it took us all without a full charge. Going back to medieval ages for a day sure seems fun, but is not. Specially without water or gas to wash or cook on top of having no electricity.

Worst thing is the power crisis is going to get far worser before going better (or belly up) according a far and wide range of experts on the subject.

Just another day on Banana planet. At least I'm not living in Maracaibo where they sometimes sped a whole week without power.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114445 on: October 19, 2018, 08:26:46 pm »

Finding letters you wrote to a friend passed away... It's enough to make you appreciate the time you had

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114446 on: October 20, 2018, 05:46:15 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:52:58 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114447 on: October 20, 2018, 06:58:21 am »

Ok: That's the illusion, you're having the best time of your life. Rejoice for it can only get worse. :P

But seriously, even if I don't even know what concerts you're allways babbling about, I'm pretty confident we'd have the most epicest of blasts if you chose the venue and me the diet. .
In myy line of work having blasts is not a good thing

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114448 on: October 20, 2018, 07:02:39 am »

In myy line of work having blasts is not a good thing
How about having blastocysts?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114449 on: October 20, 2018, 07:31:26 am »

Depends on where you have them
Pages: 1 ... 7628 7629 [7630] 7631 7632 ... 8156