Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7638 7639 [7640] 7641 7642 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558600 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114585 on: November 01, 2018, 12:10:22 am »

I don't want to die, but damn I am sick to death of living.
Why are those the only two options?! It's bullshit.

What's the buy-in on cryogenic freezing/cryosleep and such, anyway? Maybe I'll start a gofundme...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114586 on: November 01, 2018, 06:32:39 am »

You get to exchange the current problems like cancer, aids, famine, war and lack of apace travel for the future problems like super aidsncer, future famines and wars and fighting off aliens?

Anyway, in order to freeze you you have to die (before hand or by the freezing itself), and hope people find a no umbrella way to revert death on good conserved corpses in the future.

It's a lot of gambles. I would bet on uploading your mind(but that probably will only produce a copy of you). Or brains in jars and steem cell you way to immortality.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114587 on: November 01, 2018, 07:27:20 am »

So far, the traditional means of achieving immortality is my best bet. I just need to get started on the ol' procreation.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114588 on: November 01, 2018, 07:50:12 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:04:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114589 on: November 01, 2018, 08:40:31 am »

OK, my toe genuinely hates me. Or my body, it seems to have roped all of me in on this scheme of "Don't let greatorder sleep".

So, I've found out why the toe pulses. It likes to do it when it's warm. Why does it start to get warm around midnight? FUCKED if I know. Now that I have the solution, the fix should be easy right? Cold shower for it, go to sleep before it can warm up and start pulsing.

Except, as I said, it has roped my body in on this horsedick. For once in my life, my foot has amazing circulation. The cold lasted all of a minute before it warmed up to the point of pulsing again. I HAVE SPENT YEARS HATING MY BODY FOR MAKING MY FEET FREEZE AND NOW THAT IT'S FUCKING USEFUL MY FUCKING BODY GOES "Oh yeah, time to have great circulation lol". WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!? WHY DOES MY BODY SEEM TO BE ACTIVELY SABOTAGING MY ATTEMPTS TO SLEEP!?
Challenge your toe to an honorable duel. It's the only way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114590 on: November 01, 2018, 08:45:00 am »

With swords. And tall buildings.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114591 on: November 01, 2018, 10:25:33 am »

Very lonely

Much sad
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114592 on: November 01, 2018, 12:15:02 pm »

Oh, yeah, on consideration it definitely sounds like sub-nail bleeding. It's fine, it'll be quick and painless, and you don't need to watch. The relief is also instant, or so I've heard. It's a common complaint among a certain type of blacksmith. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114593 on: November 01, 2018, 12:23:19 pm »

I'm going home from my mother's, soon- I had been staying for extra time, but at the end of november, it'll end. feels weird. feels kind of sad.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #114594 on: November 01, 2018, 12:35:21 pm »

3) Walking with a shoe on. Not painful, definitely uncomfortable.
Do you have a sandal or something that lets your toe remain exposed?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114595 on: November 01, 2018, 12:36:38 pm »

Sandals in November?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114596 on: November 01, 2018, 12:39:57 pm »

Sandals in November?
Sandals always.

My GF has occasionally taken to physically hiding my flip-flops at certain times of the year, because she feels it's inappropriate for me to walk around with them when there's snow on the ground.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114597 on: November 01, 2018, 01:18:00 pm »

Sandals in November?
Sandals always.

My GF has occasionally taken to physically hiding my flip-flops at certain times of the year, because she feels it's inappropriate for me to walk around with them when there's snow on the ground.
I won't be able to wear sandals at this time of the year, because of Siberian winter.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114598 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:15 pm »

Yesterday was a good day. Today not so much. Some days I feel like, in this horrid state of realization that or current situation has become so freaking bad and I'm unable to turn it up for the better despite whatever efforts I make.

My family deserves better and  I'm not up to the challenge or able to provide them completely.

In the darkest moments I even think on simply giving up on everything and everyone. But at this point that would be a burden on them instead of a solution.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114599 on: November 01, 2018, 06:51:02 pm »

You get to exchange the current problems like cancer, aids, famine, war and lack of apace travel for the future problems like super aidsncer, future famines and wars and fighting off aliens?

Anyway, in order to freeze you you have to die (before hand or by the freezing itself), and hope people find a no umbrella way to revert death on good conserved corpses in the future.

It's a lot of gambles. I would bet on uploading your mind(but that probably will only produce a copy of you). Or brains in jars and steem cell you way to immortality.
Well, that's why I mentioned the as-yet fictional cryosleep option. Surely someone will have to invent that sooner or later if we're serious about spreading this human plague throughout the stars...

The stem cells option is intriguing, but as far as I am aware that just involves prolonging one's life, not taking a temporary hiatus from it. Besides, if I was rich enough to buy up on stem cells I could probably afford to chill in a sensory deprivation tank for as long as I pleased to escape from reality, surfacing occasionally for a gourmet meal prepared by my personal chef. :P
Hell, my usual misery might not be so bad to begin with if I had shitloads of money.

Also, my personal problems don't really include any of those things, at least as far as I'm aware. Who knows, maybe a nice, big war (possibly against aliens!) would be just the thing to give me a purpose in life!
Just unfreeze me when there are alien invaders to shoot.

P.S. as far as I can see you're doing a pretty damn impressive job of looking after your family, given the circumstances. They're lucky to have you.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7638 7639 [7640] 7641 7642 ... 8155