Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7645 7646 [7647] 7648 7649 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575628 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114690 on: November 11, 2018, 10:38:35 am »

Do men have bigger teeth than women, generally speaking?

If so, I must insist Aristotles be at least technically correct :P
Presenting: Man Teeth! The Teethier Teeth!

100% Whole Tooth and Nothing But the Tooth!

For All Your Enamel Needs!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114691 on: November 11, 2018, 10:43:24 am »

Hey maybe we can get the Chinese to put them inside their butts instead of rhino horns...
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114692 on: November 11, 2018, 11:34:45 am »

For ALL your....

Paul, I know it's on the script, but I just can't say it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114693 on: November 11, 2018, 12:37:00 pm »

It's just one of those days where I'm tired, unfocused, and depressed. Things that should be fun find ways of completely failing to be.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114694 on: November 11, 2018, 01:44:23 pm »

You guys remember that time Aristotle just decided men have more teeth than women, and made no evidence for that claim, and then just moved on after a single sentence
I always figured his wife or some other woman he knew actually had missing teeth, and he didn't realise this.
Considering how much Aristotle contributed to the ancient scientific method and higher learning in general, he had some seriously dumb ideas at times. Like, fairly often. For no real reason other than spite.

And then there's Democritus over here pulling atomic theory out of his goddamn ass...
Well, actually, in the time of the Greek philosophers, the idea was that humans could come up with the correct explanations for everything by just sitting in a dark cellar pondering about things. Empirical evidence and the scientific method as we now know it came around much later, which is the reason for crazy ideas like these.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114695 on: November 11, 2018, 01:55:00 pm »

"What if the Earth orbits the sun?"

"What if your wife orbits my dick?"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114696 on: November 11, 2018, 02:51:35 pm »

Lo, if your wife orbits my dick, then should it not be apparent that my dick possesses some unique form of attraction - if so, then it should be distinguished that this dick amongst dicks should be separate, a transcendental dick, yet the whole polis shares dicks as mine shared with your wife. Thus we see that it cannot be that my dick possesses a unique form in its Platonic solidity, so we must then posit, what if dick orbits your wife?
If we posit that dicks are a species or type of object which orbits your wife, united by their common form of phallic rigidity so favoured by your wife, this would mean that concurrently your wife is a dick magnet, a unique attracter of dicks, who is somehow capable of distinguishing between dick and non-dick species with extreme discrimination. This love for dick is an attraction to the incorporeal nature of the dick, which theretofore the arrival of the Romans, was indistinct from other attractions. Yet if distinction exists, then distinction must be made to the opposition to the dick, a rejection of love for the beauty of the female form in favour of dicks. With this distinction it becomes apparent that it cannot be true that your wife has a love of natural beauty, but a gay love of dicks, which must mean that your wife is gay for all the dicks of the Pelopponese. As you are married in a gay marriage, it must ultimately stand to reason that you are as gay, if not moreso, than your wife.

t. xX360Socrates^%Xx

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114697 on: November 11, 2018, 02:53:43 pm »

Well, actually, in the time of the Greek philosophers, the idea was that humans could come up with the correct explanations for everything by just sitting in a dark cellar pondering about things.
[platos cave intensifies]

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114698 on: November 11, 2018, 02:56:35 pm »

Well, actually, in the time of the Greek philosophers, the idea was that humans could come up with the correct explanations for everything by just sitting in a dark cellar pondering about things.

Indeed, if you happen to be a Platonic philosopher, experiential data is potentially harmful to your ability to understand the perfect world.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114699 on: November 11, 2018, 03:05:32 pm »

Indeed, if you happen to be a Platonic philosopher, experiential data is potentially harmful to your ability to understand the perfect world.

Listen, my relationship with that woman is purely Platonic!

Which is to say, I made her up...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114700 on: November 11, 2018, 04:19:41 pm »

And she doesn't feel the same way about me anyway.... wants to just be friends...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114701 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:36 pm »

Is it still a Platonic relationship if you make out with a made up woman?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114702 on: November 11, 2018, 08:19:17 pm »

Is it still a Platonic relationship if you make out with a made up woman?
I once saw a man get cheated on by his made up waifu

This world can surprise me with nothing

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114703 on: November 11, 2018, 09:09:56 pm »

Lost my phone last night like a big stupid idiot. I had no reason to stay out so late anyway.
Dumb.
Man, that was dumb. I miss my phone. And all the months of notes and such it had on it...   
I think next time I get a phone (a much newer one, probably) I will make sure to set up whatever phone-tracking things people use. And perhaps back up my notes etcetera online. Or just stop taking notes on my phone in any case.

I am very stressed right now, but even if this hadn't happened I would probably be stressed anyway. I can't remember the last time I wasn't stressed about something. There's always some sort of obligation or expectation looming on the horizon, even if I'm not consciously thinking about it. This year has been kind of shit, overall.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114704 on: November 11, 2018, 09:18:51 pm »

Every Android device automatically has phone tracking, as long as you've synced it to your Google Account. That's one of the criticisms some privacy advocates have of the company.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 7645 7646 [7647] 7648 7649 ... 8156