Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7649 7650 [7651] 7652 7653 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571213 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114750 on: November 15, 2018, 05:15:00 pm »

And then you get one that recently had a nice big meal and end up rupturing its intestines, causing mostly-digested filth to ooze out over everything.

Hey, anybody else feel like grabbing a Sloppy Joe afterwards?
Actually I was surprisingly good at that shit. My mice had a high rate of survival. I didnt rupture stuff. (organizers euthanized them afterwards though)

I was kind of good at vivisection.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114751 on: November 15, 2018, 05:26:11 pm »

I hwve a picture of a biology class when I was still 13, holdi g a sheep’s heart in one hand and a thumbs up done with the other, an evil grin on my face. You can see my sick, uncomfortable lab partner in the background, trying not to fall over.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114752 on: November 15, 2018, 05:30:46 pm »

I hwve a picture of a biology class when I was still 13, holdi g a sheep’s heart in one hand and a thumbs up done with the other, an evil grin on my face. You can see my sick, uncomfortable lab partner in the background, trying not to fall over.
Oh yeah? Well I've eaten haggis!

And I liked it!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114753 on: November 15, 2018, 05:47:06 pm »

Oh yeah? Well I've eaten haggis!

And I liked it!
I want to ty haggis, but it’s not common in Ireland. Try porridge. Just always remember to leave it till it’s cold before ye tuck in...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #114754 on: November 15, 2018, 05:56:18 pm »

Memories of haggis, scotch and dancing, flinging around a room in dancing circle to circle... Fond times to be

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114755 on: November 15, 2018, 06:24:15 pm »

Who the heck intentionally eats their porridge cold?!

...Oh wait, was that the joke?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114756 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:16 pm »

I was the squeamish one in this tale. A friend of mine who is registered as blind, though has some sight, decided to hold frozen pigs' eyes up in front of his own eyes.

Whether he gained increased sight from this is a mystery which only he can answer.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114757 on: November 16, 2018, 03:40:38 am »

I unnerved my classmates by doing dissections without gloves. I don't recall my actual reasoning at the time, possibly we ran out.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114758 on: November 16, 2018, 03:44:30 am »

I was the squeamish one in this tale. A friend of mine who is registered as blind, though has some sight, decided to hold frozen pigs' eyes up in front of his own eyes.

Whether he gained increased sight from this is a mystery which only he can answer.

I see through the eyes of the dead! I ascend! Ia! Ia!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #114759 on: November 16, 2018, 03:49:27 am »

I unnerved my classmates by doing dissections without gloves. I don't recall my actual reasoning at the time, possibly we ran out.
I did that in an anatomy exam. Turns out when a pass or fail is at play you don't care that much
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #114760 on: November 16, 2018, 04:26:11 am »

Of course you only eat porridge cold! who on earth would have told you otherwise?
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114761 on: November 16, 2018, 09:41:48 am »

Of course you only eat porridge cold! who on earth would have told you otherwise?
*Reeees in warm oatmeal*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114762 on: November 16, 2018, 10:20:45 am »

I had porridge one time when I was in Scotland, to get the true Scots experience. I was expecting something special.

It's just fukken oatmeal. Norway has a deeper porridge culture than Scotland.

I also asked the waiter whether the haggis I was served came from the Clockwise Mountain Haggis or the Counter-Clockwise Mountain Haggis. He said he wasn't sure.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114763 on: November 16, 2018, 10:57:46 am »

Had some microwaved instant pumpkin oatmeal this morning for breakfast, made with water instead of milk since I'm out.  That's probably like the lowest common denominator kind of oatmeal available, but I enjoyed it anyway.  Definitely better with milk, and who's got time to make it the slow way?

I'm also disappointed that I never got to do any dissections in biology class.  That year the biology teacher (yes, there was but one in that tiny school) was going through some kind of family issues and he really stopped caring.  Which was a real shame, since he was a really fun teacher during the years before.

Anyway, I've been irrationally depressed and demotivated for the past three days or so.  I want to blame it on things like being creatively exhausted from NaNoWriMo, and drinking less caffeine certainly contributes, but I know the real reason is that my gaming group on Discord has become substantially less active lately and it really just kind of hit home this week.  This has happened before and activity picked back up later, so I'm not too worried really, but it's a hard feeling to shake.

Just kind of cross checking the discussion in the American politics thread over the last few days, I think I'm starting to get some insight into how being so connected to people 24 hours a day can lead to depression if it's disrupted or it looks like your situation can change without your control.

Well, anyway, as I said it's happened before and recovered.  It's a kind of dumb thing to be depressed over considering the rest of my life is pretty great.  I think this is the third time in about as many years that I can recall a bout of depression related to this specifically, and the last two times it lasted about a week.  It'll be interesting to see if it dissipates faster this time, or if I'm as incapable of learning / adapting as it feels like sometimes.

Vaguely related on the mental train jumping the rails, the decrease in activity has let me get more sleep.  I'm alarmed that that has not translated to a significant improvement in cognition and memory, which I'd hoped was caused purely by chronic sleep deprivation.  I'm 31.  I should not be having memory problems like I do.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114764 on: November 16, 2018, 04:18:40 pm »

I'm alarmed that that has not translated to a significant improvement in cognition and memory, which I'd hoped was caused purely by chronic sleep deprivation.  I'm 31.  I should not be having memory problems like I do.
This is a symptom of depression.
Pages: 1 ... 7649 7650 [7651] 7652 7653 ... 8156