Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7661 7662 [7663] 7664 7665 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8568889 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114930 on: December 04, 2018, 08:10:35 pm »

More articles about new ways media companies are trying to insert advertisements into our lives.

Media companies hate him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #114931 on: December 05, 2018, 01:01:45 am »

So, I think about death constantly. It's probably unhealthy but I've kinda made peace with death, but dying concerns me. Odd distinction.

Bein' dead is no problem for you, like by definition. Unless you believe in some unpleasant afterlife, but those kinds of religion are less common nowadays.
Dying can obviously be unpleasant, depending on how it happens. It's also possible that it could happen so suddenly that you don't even notice, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

It's kinda sad to think that there will be a time past which we won't get to mess around with this universe, though. That's the part I'd like to avoid. If I had some way to come back after, I'd be interested to die a few times, just to see what it's like! It's really just the lack of a me-shaped object continuing to exist and interact with the universe that I'm scared of, so teleporters and such are just fine.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114932 on: December 05, 2018, 04:16:30 pm »

I am at work.

I have the flu.

I chose this.

Why.

EDIT: Also, the idea that I will die and be forgotten on Earth is not a big deal to me, either. I don't know if that counts as nihilistic edgelord shit, but my life matters to me so really what else could I ask for? I'd like it if I knew people would miss me for a time, everyone likes to be loved but it's not one of those scary things to me.

EDIT2: @the below post
That made me laugh thank you
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:18:28 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114933 on: December 05, 2018, 04:17:09 pm »

"When he left his work, he flu."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114934 on: December 05, 2018, 05:08:45 pm »

I wanted to be social this week, but last night ended up being rather late and tonight I'm not feeling particularly well. Again.

It's not really enough to be a flu, maybe just a short hop.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #114935 on: December 05, 2018, 07:44:13 pm »

Welp, today has just been horseshit. Not even because something terrible has happened to me, it's generally been pretty quiet. But, let's start from one end:

- Slept badly apparently, so i woke up groggy as fuck and remained moderately groggy for the rest of the day.
- As a result of bad sleep, mood isn't great either.
- Guts felt quite bad after the first dump, and feel similarly bad now at night, meaning i'll probably get another night of bad sleep. Somewhat irritatingly, there are no other signs of anything bad besides maybe mild constipation.
- As a result of the above three, have had no energy to do any work on exam project today, sending me behind schedule and adding yet more stress.
- The supposedly absent asthma has been acting up a little.
- I have that weird semi-painful throbbing feeling in the base of my throat that you get from standing still for too long without moving, but all the time. I have no idea what's causing this and it's annoying as hell.
- These things make my anxiety flare up. I'm sure at least some of you know how tiring it is to trot around with low-mid level anxiety all day.
- Brain feels like a complete mess after a bad nights sleep and taking all of today in on top of that.

The one saving grace is that i at least haven't had significant nausea. Yet. Fuck this day though, i demand a refund.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114936 on: December 05, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »

My much beloved cat ran away just a few hours ago.  It's pitch black outside and he's pitch black.  He's also not very smart and so high strung he should probably be on medication.  Last I saw him he was under some bushes and ran for my brother's car.  After going under there, he vanished from the face of the earth.  Not in the engine compartment or hiding anywhere else remotely within the vicinity of or beneath the car.

I left the storage room open in the hopes he'll come back to it, but I have this sinking feeling I'm never going to see him again.

Edit:
Crisis averted.  I went out to look for him again and heard a pitiful meow, which led me to discover that he was in the car's engine compartment all along.  He was just crammed up behind the engine in a way I didn't think possible.

Long story short, I had to jack the car up and my brother had to crawl under to drag his little butt out.  Then kitty got a nice bath for his trouble, since he was now covered in motor oil where I did a terrible job adding oil to the car last time.

I'm certain he learned nothing.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:13:00 pm by Telgin »
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114937 on: December 05, 2018, 11:44:01 pm »

Hooray!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114938 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:44 pm »

Fighting on a oppressive regime while also struggling with labyrinthine and impossible bureaucracy for a chance to escape is extenuating. Some days like today I get home, realize another week went by and I moved just a few centimeters towards a goal that is still kilometers away and... I just wait for my wife and baby to fall sleep and come to the living to cry in silence.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114939 on: December 08, 2018, 01:24:41 pm »

Wish I could help :(

You'll make it!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114940 on: December 09, 2018, 08:08:23 am »

Friend of mine's wife died on Friday. She was old and suffering, but they'd been married for more than sixty years. Having old friends is depressing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114941 on: December 09, 2018, 08:29:44 am »

I'm depressed again. Experiencing slight to moderate suicidal ideation which is way less than usual.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114942 on: December 10, 2018, 05:28:30 am »

I'm depressed again. Experiencing slight to moderate suicidal ideation which is way less than usual.
Perhaps you need some sort of mantra.

Edit: aw shit, a new page begins with me whining about my stupid brain shenanigans. I had to fight down the urge to apologise right now.   
(Haha I typo'd that as "bran shenanigans". If only bran problems were all I had to worry about. Wait, bran can probably be weaponised, can't it?)   
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:08:35 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114943 on: December 10, 2018, 05:30:16 am »

1000 words in 2 hours.
Ready, set.... procrastinate.

Why you do this, mind? I have deadline in... well, an hour and a half now.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114944 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:22 am »

1000 words in 2 hours.
Ready, set.... procrastinate.

Why you do this, mind? I have deadline in... well, an hour and a half now.

"I'm trying to remember how to spell 'one thousand words'."
Pages: 1 ... 7661 7662 [7663] 7664 7665 ... 8156