Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7663 7664 [7665] 7666 7667 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8613548 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #114960 on: December 13, 2018, 07:03:08 am »

I should nip this in the bud before it grows out of control.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #114961 on: December 13, 2018, 09:16:56 am »

My own personal theory is Santa is sending gifts once a year as a mean to say "I'm still watching you, by the way"

It's emotional blackmail and barely desguised menace. Hell the guy is wearing red, he's not even trying to hide his ties with the Stasi

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114962 on: December 13, 2018, 09:23:10 am »

My computer appears to have killed itself. It shows a black screen on start up, and nothing I do can get it to go away. I can't even boot in safe mode since that apparently requires you to be at the login screen. All it does is show the screen for the motherboard before deciding that it's done and going to the black screen.

Does your computer beep when starting up? Or do you have one of those nifty mobos with built-in seven-segment displays? You can look up the codes online in either case and maybe figure out what's wrong.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114963 on: December 13, 2018, 09:48:50 am »

Use a uni PC to burn a boot disk for Linux and you can verify that if you like.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114964 on: December 13, 2018, 09:18:20 pm »

So, the appointment didn't pan out, again, they require my father in law to appear, that stupid excuse of being dead is not worth for them.

We'll have to wait another couple of months to give another shoot at getting an appointment with my wife's user and then pray the appointment goes well.

Fuck I feel fucked. My wife cried so much today, is fucking heartbreaking.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114965 on: December 14, 2018, 12:49:13 am »

dammit.  Such bureaucratic bullshit.

At this point, I am wondering if exhuming the body and dragging its decaying form into the office is something that actually is necessary for you Baal.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114966 on: December 14, 2018, 06:58:19 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:19:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #114967 on: December 14, 2018, 08:13:13 am »

dammit.  Such bureaucratic bullshit.

At this point, I am wondering if exhuming the body and dragging its decaying form into the office is something that actually is necessary for you Baal.
They're all like "we need to see your father in law," but try just a touch of Necromancy and suddenly you've gone too far.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114968 on: December 14, 2018, 08:19:55 am »

I was thinking more Cadaver Synod, but necromancy is never out of the question when it comes to obtuse bureaucracy.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114969 on: December 14, 2018, 08:20:53 am »

The dead can already vote in many places, why not have them turn up to meetings?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114970 on: December 14, 2018, 09:05:56 am »

My wife at least got a paper with the handwritten instructions of how they say it's supposed to be made from the clerk, we just have to endure some extra months of possible starvation or violent death and try again.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114971 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:55 am »

I know you said you dont need money, but we can totally send food stuff if you need it Baal.  I live less than a block from the post office, and I can totally mail you some baby formula, or some body builder protein powder. Also peanut flour (think peanut butter, dehydrated, in powder form. Add water, or whatever cheap oil/fat you can find, and it's instant peanut butter.) and the like.  Having experienced existential hunger as a child, I have tremendous difficulty overlooking instances of it in others as an adult. If you need material support, drop me a PM with details, and I will hook a brother up.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114972 on: December 14, 2018, 09:22:44 am »

Having experienced existential hunger as a child, I have tremendous difficulty overlooking instances of it in others as an adult.
Sartreway, for the hunger that just can't be beat by anything less than an indescribable footlong!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114973 on: December 14, 2018, 09:30:07 am »

Having experienced existential hunger as a child, I have tremendous difficulty overlooking instances of it in others as an adult.
Sartreway, for the hunger that just can't be beat by anything less than an indescribable footlong!
Heh.  Got a little chuckle out of that.

I know you said you dont need money, but we can totally send food stuff if you need it Baal.  I live less than a block from the post office, and I can totally mail you some baby formula, or some body builder protein powder. Also peanut flour (think peanut butter, dehydrated, in powder form. Add water, or whatever cheap oil/fat you can find, and it's instant peanut butter.) and the like.  Having experienced existential hunger as a child, I have tremendous difficulty overlooking instances of it in others as an adult. If you need material support, drop me a PM with details, and I will hook a brother up.

Plus, if it's shit for lots of people, who knows how far a food bribe might go.  I've got stacks of cash - asuming your post reaches you, I'd put my quid in.  Adults starving isn't my issue, but childhood hunger has lifelong repurcussions.  I would sooner starve that see my daughter go hungry, and I'd damn well put in to help your kid too. This won't be their entire life, and they deserve to have every advantage in the less-shit that is to come.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114974 on: December 14, 2018, 09:31:32 am »

I know you think that is probably funny, but I mean like, "we save all summer by collecting tin cans for the recycler, to afford the gas, to go to the lake, to catch all the trash fish without a catch limit, so we can freeze it all in the deep freeze, and then live on it all winter, because we cant afford both food and the heating bill."

EG, existential hunger.  Hunger that kills.
I know what that is like. I have difficulty overlooking it when I know it is happening.

Baal has it worse.  He's in the middle of a country that is imploding financially. Even if you gave him money, there is no food in the store to buy most likely.   Assuming the post still runs, I can send him (SMALL!!) packages of calorie dense non-perishables. (I dont dare send big items. It would attract attention, and he does not need that.)

Pages: 1 ... 7663 7664 [7665] 7666 7667 ... 8156