Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7666 7667 [7668] 7669 7670 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471392 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115005 on: December 15, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »

I'm thinking I'll quit my YMCA gym membership. I realized I'm throwing away something like 600 dollars a year just to barely use it, get frustrated with myself, make no progress, and then get depressed over it.

Check the fine print.  For real.  Quitting a gym membership can be... painful.

I'm just torn over the idea of quitting. Quitting anything I guess. I don't want to feel like I'm giving up, and that was really probably the only place I'd go to get out of my apartment, outside of work. I'm in a psychological trap of my own creation it feels like.

On the plus side, successfully cancelling a gym membership is a victory in and of itself!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115006 on: December 15, 2018, 04:28:23 pm »

I'm thinking I'll quit my YMCA gym membership. I realized I'm throwing away something like 600 dollars a year just to barely use it, get frustrated with myself, make no progress, and then get depressed over it.

I'm just torn over the idea of quitting. Quitting anything I guess. I don't want to feel like I'm giving up, and that was really probably the only place I'd go to get out of my apartment, outside of work. I'm in a psychological trap of my own creation it feels like.

On the plus side, successfully cancelling a gym membership is a victory in and of itself!

I did it once by proving back pain.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115007 on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:59 pm »

I did it once by proving back pain.

I did it once by going to the gym and saying “I’m not giving you my money anymore”.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115008 on: December 15, 2018, 06:59:55 pm »

Doing that is a great way to get a recurring, and large, bill placed on collections and having your credit get destroyed.

I interned at a collections agency some years ago, and I have seen that process.  Seriously, read the fine print. Often, gyms require "In writing" cancellation, in specific verbiage to cancel the membership. They will continue to bill you after you tell them to their ugly faces that you no longer want their service, and will not be returning, or at least-- many gyms will do that.

Read the fine print, follow the byzantine instructions laid therein for cancellation.  They bank on the fact that you wont do that, and will try to cancel like a normal business relationship.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115009 on: December 15, 2018, 07:01:11 pm »

I received no problems after that. It was a nice gym.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115010 on: December 15, 2018, 07:02:33 pm »

Well, I'm not struggling with cancelling, just yet, I'm thinking about it.

I just don't know, I'm always so uncertain of all my feelings, and worried I'll regret my actions, or inactions. Honestly, I've had a lingering feeling my entire life that I'm always doing something wrong, and so I'm always forced to regret everything I do.

I'm thinking it might be wiser to redouble my determination and just go back at it more intensely than before. I do have a fantasy of becoming a muscley manly man that I love catering to, and it would kill me to snuff it out, even if I'm not making much progress towards it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115011 on: December 15, 2018, 07:53:03 pm »

I mean you can always sign up again.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115012 on: December 15, 2018, 07:58:33 pm »

I just don't know, I'm always so uncertain of all my feelings, and worried I'll regret my actions, or inactions. Honestly, I've had a lingering feeling my entire life that I'm always doing something wrong, and so I'm always forced to regret everything I do.

I'm thinking it might be wiser to redouble my determination and just go back at it more intensely than before. I do have a fantasy of becoming a muscley manly man that I love catering to, and it would kill me to snuff it out, even if I'm not making much progress towards it.
Take solace in this: you can still become a manly mooscle man without the gym membership. That said, you mentioned that it's your primary social venture outside of work. If you cancelled the membership, do you see yourself moving to a different social venture?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115013 on: December 15, 2018, 08:22:56 pm »

Take solace in this: you can still become a manly mooscle man without the gym membership. That said, you mentioned that it's your primary social venture outside of work. If you cancelled the membership, do you see yourself moving to a different social venture?

No, I don't even know what that would be. I don't socialize a lot at the gym, but sometimes I talk to people, and there's regulars who recognize me, though mostly it's just being *around* people. I live by myself, and my work requires that I spend all night in a room by myself, and I don't really have any likeminded friends to hang out with, so I often feel I'm dying of loneliness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115014 on: December 15, 2018, 08:40:59 pm »

I beat RDR2.

Goddamn. Epilogue and all.

Red Dead Redemption1 may now be officially the most depressing game I've ever played.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:44:09 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115015 on: December 15, 2018, 08:43:48 pm »

I beat RDR2.

Same kind of I-don't-know-if-I-feel-better-or-worse-now epilogue as RDR1?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115016 on: December 15, 2018, 08:45:41 pm »

I beat RDR2.

Same kind of I-don't-know-if-I-feel-better-or-worse-now epilogue as RDR1?

It ends so happy... And yet I know how it ends ultimately. Poor Arthur. Poor John. And fuck sake poor Jack.

Thank someone for Sadie and Charles.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115017 on: December 15, 2018, 08:58:11 pm »

I beat RDR2.

Red Dead Redemption1 may now be officially the most depressing game I've ever played.
I misread that as "I beat R2D2". And I was thinking "wait... I thought that was  a Western?"
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115018 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:48 pm »

I beat RDR2.

I misread that as "I beat R2D2". And I was thinking "wait... I thought that was  a Western?"

A Western... IN SPAAAAACE
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115019 on: December 15, 2018, 09:02:15 pm »

I played a bit of the online mode at a friend's place. I powered through to level twelve so that I could buy myself a new gunbelt to differentiate myself from all the other mooks, and then I basically collapsed from exhaustion. 'Twas pretty fun, despite all the bugginess and frequently being disconnected.   
Wouldn't mind trying the story sometime too, I suppose.   

Poor R2D2. What did he do to... nevermind I'm pretty sure he had it coming.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7666 7667 [7668] 7669 7670 ... 8153