Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7701 7702 [7703] 7704 7705 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8551053 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115530 on: March 06, 2019, 09:01:32 am »

Quote from: Hanslanda link=topic=43236.msg7939241#msg79"ate=1551872717
Can you give an example of these shitty political posts? I need something to confuse myself with.

"Any congressional member who refuses to put their hand on a BIBLE and swear to uphold the Constitution should be impeached!"
Obvious 1st amendment and Article VI Clause 3 conflicts there.
"We're one election from: gun confiscation, Sharia law, communism, mandatory abortions, etc!"
So many points of failure here. Like, no no no no, in order. Not even close.

There is currently a bill in Congress that would ban 90+ percent of firearms, and require existing owners to pay thousands in registration fees or surrender their expensive property without compensation.

Much of that is "this will never pass, so there will be little blowback, but we can present it as common sense legislation that those evil gun supporters blocked" virtue signalling, but it is a real proposal.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115531 on: March 06, 2019, 09:28:02 am »

Bleurgh. Just did some more vomiting.
Hopefully I can keep down water tomorrow... in the meantime, its sleepytime.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115532 on: March 06, 2019, 09:29:16 am »

Bleurgh. Just did some more vomiting.
Hopefully I can keep down water tomorrow... in the meantime, its sleepytime.
Sip the water slowly. It helps you keep it down so you don't get dehydrated and way sicker.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115533 on: March 06, 2019, 09:32:06 am »

Hmm, yeah I tried to drink it slow but I probably gulped at it a bit. Maybe I'll go get some more and take a very cautious sip or two before sleep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115534 on: March 06, 2019, 10:29:04 am »

I've overdone the rehydration on hangover day before, and gotten sick off having too much water in my stomach.

Make up your fucking mind, body!

I need some of that bitter football milk from the sweat scientists, but I know it will never be...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115535 on: March 06, 2019, 12:19:06 pm »

Can you give an example of these shitty political posts? I need something to confuse myself with.

"Any congressional member who refuses to put their hand on a BIBLE and swear to uphold the Constitution should be impeached!"
"We're one election from: gun confiscation, Sharia law, communism, mandatory abortions, etc!"

There is currently a bill in Congress that would ban 90+ percent of firearms, and require existing owners to pay thousands in registration fees or surrender their expensive property without compensation.

Much of that is "this will never pass, so there will be little blowback, but we can present it as common sense legislation that those evil gun supporters blocked" virtue signalling, but it is a real proposal.

Yeah, I get that. These people seem convinced it will happen though and that (insert political candidate) is LITERALLY a baby eating sex demon sent by the Old Ones to flay our planet and stitch swastikas into the good, godfeerin hearts of honest Muricans.

Like, calm down and maybe stop being so pessimistic about things, is my overall feeling on it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115537 on: March 06, 2019, 01:58:05 pm »

Yeah, I get that. These people seem convinced it will happen though and that (insert political candidate) is LITERALLY a baby eating sex demon sent by the Old Ones to flay our planet and stitch swastikas into the good, godfeerin hearts of honest Muricans.

Like, calm down and maybe stop being so pessimistic about things, is my overall feeling on it.
That's not an unreasonable position. I've just run into a lot of people who don't understand just how far the current proposals go, and accordingly dismiss the concern over said proposals.

It is kind of an odd position to be in - I spend time trying to convince one group that the sky isn't going to fall - the proposals are super extreme because they have no chance of passage, and exist solely for scoring political points.

Then I wind up explaining just how someone who takes the proposals at face value doesn't have to be paranoid to freak out over it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115538 on: March 06, 2019, 02:36:03 pm »

My coworker-roommate and I today found out our 3rd roommate owes $1000 in rent backpay and we were going to get an eviction notice tomorrow.

Coworker is putting the backpay on his CC and giving the guy one week to pay him back or get out. TBH I hope he moves.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115539 on: March 06, 2019, 05:13:15 pm »

If your dehydrated pit a lil bit of good salt in your water instead of drinking liters of water.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115540 on: March 06, 2019, 05:17:30 pm »

Salty water’ll probably make you boke more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115541 on: March 06, 2019, 05:23:37 pm »

If your dehydrated pit a lil bit of good salt in your water instead of drinking liters of water.

No. I need to scream at the sports juice.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115542 on: March 06, 2019, 05:29:00 pm »

Well yeah sure a sports juice or such nonsense will do the same salt is both easier and inside your house, no need to drag yourself down to the local fishmonger and ask for a packet of fishermen friends for your hot date who happens to be your friends mother, you didn't want your friend to know this yet you coincidentally picked the restaurant he works at and now you're both looking at each other it feels like forever and before you know it after such a long adventurous night with such a lovely lady you need more electrolytes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115543 on: March 07, 2019, 04:06:45 pm »

I have no hope for my future. I studied in school, followed rules, showed respect, did as I was told, helped when asked, and I'm in exactly the same place as I would be if I had been a rude, ungrateful idiot. At least if I hadn't paid attention in class, I would never have been sold on the idea that anything mattered besides dumb luck.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115544 on: March 07, 2019, 04:22:07 pm »

I have no hope for my future. I studied in school, followed rules, showed respect, did as I was told, helped when asked, and I'm in exactly the same place as I would be if I had been a rude, ungrateful idiot. At least if I hadn't paid attention in class, I would never have been sold on the idea that anything mattered besides dumb luck.
Sometimes feeling burned out from work and life can he helped out by focusing on your passion projects, the things you love. School sucks. We're told it matters a ton, but then it... doesn't really matter as much.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7701 7702 [7703] 7704 7705 ... 8155