Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7702 7703 [7704] 7705 7706 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569497 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115545 on: March 08, 2019, 05:47:13 pm »

Friend of mine is currently studying to be a teacher, and she ended up finding a mental health warning in one of her course books. Big bold notice saying "Undertaking research, or any kind of education, can threaten your personal, family, work or social life" that then went on to strongly encourage having a robust support network.

So, yeah. Deffo gonna fuck a brother up.

But do write a message to the prof, and if necessary whatever managing body is over him. Might want to explain that while teachers can be awarded with tenure, computer programs are not.

No, go away with your "legacy systems", that's not the point.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #115546 on: March 08, 2019, 08:13:59 pm »

Where the fuck do I even begin.

Mental health is in the shitter, for one. Just, as a whole. No motivation. No strong emotions, of any kind. Constant loneliness. Anxiety over literally everything. Probably a few other things I can't even think of right now.

My girlfriend of (nearly) two years broke up with me on February 4th. Wednesday was her and her new boyfriend's 5 month anniversary. She still insists on being friends and I don't have the heart to tell her I don't want to see her because I'm still in love with her, even after all of this shit. And I hate it.

My dog died. Which isn't that sad, she was around 18 years old and we knew she wouldn't last much longer. But it still fucking sucks, on top of everything.

Most of my friends in real life won't talk to me because they don't want to choose sides or some bullshit. Which I understand. But you could still say "Hey, how you been?" every now and then.

My grades are in the shitter. I'm failing several classes right now. Which doesn't stress me out as much as it should. But I'm still in constant panic mode because of it.

My DnD group broke up because of the bullshit with my ex. Oh yeah, her new boyfriend was my best friend. So fuck me with a flaming bag of dicks, I guess.

I could rant for another 3 books about all the shit on my mind but I have a research paper to go write in roughly 4 hours. It needs 6-7 more pages, 9 more sources, things being cited, and actual effort being put in. All so it can be a 50%, because I was sick the week it was due and wasn't told/missed the memo that it was online turn in.

EDIT: Turns out the sources I had written down got thrown away. So I get to rewrite this entire 8 page paper from scratch. By midnight. It's 8:30.

I fucking hate myself for doing this.

EDIT 2: I just sent it in as it is, basically saying it痴 not what I wanted to write but I知 out of time. Maybe I値l get some pitty points. I知 going to sleep to be lonely now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:00:03 am by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #115547 on: March 09, 2019, 06:40:33 am »

My bag was stolen on Thursday. It didn't have anything irreplaceable, or anything terribly expensive that wasn't insured, but it did have all my notes. My glasses. Some papers I borrowed from my supervisor. My national ID card. My phone and laptop.

I've replaced nearly everything, but I still have to deal with home affairs queues for the ID, and my new glasses will only be ready in a bit more than a week. Until then, I either get to wear sunglasses all the time, or have a headache all the time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115548 on: March 09, 2019, 07:06:19 am »

>Stop drinking as much
>Remember two things: deprivation can cause irritability and I'm naturally really fucking angry all the time
>Now I spend the whole day pretending to be my usual cheerful if sarcastic self while inwardly seething with the fury of a fiery star over every petty annoyance and minor irritation, which is just all the people and their banal, pointless words, bandied about as if with great import in the celestial fraction of a second they exist before dying and being forgotten eternally.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115549 on: March 09, 2019, 07:12:11 am »

>Stop drinking as much
>Remember two things: deprivation can cause irritability and I'm naturally really fucking angry all the time
>Now I spend the whole day pretending to be my usual cheerful if sarcastic self while inwardly seething with the fury of a fiery star over every petty annoyance and minor irritation, which is just all the people and their banal, pointless words, bandied about as if with great import in the celestial fraction of a second they exist before dying and being forgotten eternally.
You're doing something good and important for yourself and those you love. It's worth it, even if it's hard. Most things that are worth it are hard
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115550 on: March 09, 2019, 07:13:42 am »

Most things that are worth it are hard
Like drugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115551 on: March 09, 2019, 07:13:59 am »

>Stop drinking as much

Just get a bunch of socially acceptable coffee humor merchandise and use a sharpie to write "Irish" before "coffee".

"Don't talk to me until I've had my Irishcoffee!"

"It's called Irishcoffee, and I need it for you to live."

I'm not a Irishcoffee addict, I just need it on days ending in 'y'."

Most things that are worth it are hard
*snrk*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115552 on: March 09, 2019, 07:26:52 am »

>Stop drinking as much
You're doing something good and important for yourself and those you love. It's worth it, even if it's hard. Most things that are worth it are hard

Yeah. I know. I'll be better in the end, but til then I'm just so fucking angry about nothing, and not having a reason for my rage is irritating. Kinda wanna go chop down trees or something, but we're under a tornado warning, amongst several other reasons that plan is unfeasible.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115553 on: March 11, 2019, 05:01:51 pm »

Today I realized I don't even have the friends I made in college anymore. The scam is complete and now today is no different than the day I left high school. And I once thought I was so fucking smart. If only I had realized then that I'd arrive at today no matter what I did, it was just a matter of when.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115554 on: March 11, 2019, 05:29:05 pm »

Most people don't keep their friends from high school or college. I don't even like most of the people I went to college with. They suck. They all suck.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115555 on: March 11, 2019, 05:34:19 pm »

>Stop drinking as much

I try every now and then to stop smoking, but the nicotene withdrawals hit me so hard that it literally fucks up my whole week. Stick to it dog, I believe in you :)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115556 on: March 11, 2019, 06:29:27 pm »

Today I realized I don't even have the friends I made in college anymore.

Had a hard "where the hell did my school-friends go" realization 3 or so weeks ago.

Was sitting in a tram with my sister and a girl sat down two rows away on a seat facing us. I turn to my sis and ask her if its only me being confused again, or if that girl really looks exactly like somebody I was good friends with back in school (using the first name of my classmate). Sis says sure, they could be twins actually.
Girl has apparently heard us and sits down on the nearest seat facing us, gives us the full name of my old classmate. Turned out my old friend is her mum, and that she's 16.

We finished school in 2002, for her to have a 16 year old daughter that I never even heard about means that I've lost contact with her basically the day we graduated. Which I apparently did, no matter how hard I try I can't come up with a single time I've seen her since.
That, in turn, made me realize that I have not seen, or even spoken to any of my old classmates (with 2 exceptions) since we graduated. We all basically went from spending school and most of our free time together to total silence in a single day. Kinda funny how easy it is to "forget" people.
Realizing that actually made me depressed for days.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115557 on: March 11, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »

Where the fuck do I even begin.

Mental health is in the shitter, for one. Just, as a whole. No motivation. No strong emotions, of any kind. Constant loneliness. Anxiety over literally everything. Probably a few other things I can't even think of right now.

My girlfriend of (nearly) two years broke up with me on February 4th. Wednesday was her and her new boyfriend's 5 month anniversary. She still insists on being friends and I don't have the heart to tell her I don't want to see her because I'm still in love with her, even after all of this shit. And I hate it.

My dog died. Which isn't that sad, she was around 18 years old and we knew she wouldn't last much longer. But it still fucking sucks, on top of everything.

Most of my friends in real life won't talk to me because they don't want to choose sides or some bullshit. Which I understand. But you could still say "Hey, how you been?" every now and then.

My grades are in the shitter. I'm failing several classes right now. Which doesn't stress me out as much as it should. But I'm still in constant panic mode because of it.

My DnD group broke up because of the bullshit with my ex. Oh yeah, her new boyfriend was my best friend. So fuck me with a flaming bag of dicks, I guess.

I could rant for another 3 books about all the shit on my mind but I have a research paper to go write in roughly 4 hours. It needs 6-7 more pages, 9 more sources, things being cited, and actual effort being put in. All so it can be a 50%, because I was sick the week it was due and wasn't told/missed the memo that it was online turn in.

EDIT: Turns out the sources I had written down got thrown away. So I get to rewrite this entire 8 page paper from scratch. By midnight. It's 8:30.

I fucking hate myself for doing this.

EDIT 2: I just sent it in as it is, basically saying it痴 not what I wanted to write but I知 out of time. Maybe I値l get some pitty points. I知 going to sleep to be lonely now.
i am assuming you're in college, here.

Firstly. Go visit your student mental health office or equivalent. If your college doesn't have one, it may still help to go talk to your academic advisor and help figure out what to plan for next semester.

Have you asked around for another d&d group? Colleges typically have several, and non-ex adjacent palyers may know where to find them.

Assuming you don't hate your ex best friend right now, Have you talked to them? Just venting to them even.

It's perfectly normal to still be in love with your ex. Two years is a long time.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115558 on: March 13, 2019, 02:20:00 pm »

It's getting pounded into my head just how badly I need to get out of here and cut things off with my girlfriend. Things are only getting worse.

Unfortunately, looking for a place to rent, I'm looking at the second-cheapest listing costing more than half of what I get a month, after taxes (almost double what I pay my girlfriend now to help with bills). That's just the rent though, no furniture or internet included. On some similarly-priced listings, the rent doesn't even cover an electrical plan.

The cheapest listings, I'm not an applicable tenant due to not being a student.

The other option is to bunk with a commune, which means I get a bedroom to myself and share bath/living/kitchen areas with 2-5 strangers. I'm not an applicable tenant for a few of these either, due to being a man. Even if I wasn't cripplingly anxious about throwing my living situation into the hands of a bunch of new people...

The housing bubble is absolutely fucked at the moment. I can't begin to afford buying a place, even if I thought I could somehow manage all the costs and responsibilities of owning (which I'm pretty dang sure I'm not capable of).

I feel trapped, confused, and afraid.

Quote from: chaotic skies
-snip-
Shit, dude... I'm sorry you have to go through shit like that. Also, what? Five month anniversary and she broke up with you in February? Fucking hell, tell her to celebrate with a refreshing Clean Break; the cocktail I just designed consisting of champagne and bleach.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115559 on: March 13, 2019, 02:38:47 pm »

sorry to hear that kagus. Hope you can find a solution to a pretty horrible problem. Is there a chance you could get a transfer in your job somewhere cheaper? Or maybe live outside the city and commute? I'm sure you've already gone over those options, but it's worth thinking about.
Pages: 1 ... 7702 7703 [7704] 7705 7706 ... 8156