Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7703 7704 [7705] 7706 7707 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8554074 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115560 on: March 13, 2019, 03:05:08 pm »

Don't have a job actually, I'm legally an invalid and living on the dole... So from that angle, I at least have some flexibility. Well, with the caveat of having to be extremely specific about registering and updating relevant living information.

The problem with heading further outside of town is that, I've actually been getting a lot better. I've been going out and doing things. And part of that has to do with things being within more-or-less walking distance. Also I currently live about 5 minutes from the train station, where I go when I take the hour commute into the capital for my weekly appointments. And the capital's a hell of a lot more expensive than living down here, hehehe...

And yes, I'm paying income tax to the government on the money the government gives me. It's the circle of life.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115561 on: March 13, 2019, 04:19:08 pm »

Don't have a job actually, I'm legally an invalid and living on the dole... So from that angle, I at least have some flexibility. Well, with the caveat of having to be extremely specific about registering and updating relevant living information.

The problem with heading further outside of town is that, I've actually been getting a lot better. I've been going out and doing things. And part of that has to do with things being within more-or-less walking distance. Also I currently live about 5 minutes from the train station, where I go when I take the hour commute into the capital for my weekly appointments. And the capital's a hell of a lot more expensive than living down here, hehehe...

And yes, I'm paying income tax to the government on the money the government gives me. It's the circle of life.
I recall you were part of a caseworker house thingy. Would going to employment be viable, or is that a while away yet, if ever?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115562 on: March 13, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »

It's allowable, certainly... But as for finding a place that would actually take me? Unlikely. Finding a place that would take me and that I wouldn't start immediately spiraling into Utter Fuck? Unlikelier.

Why is "Unlikelier" even a word? Why is it one of the words that Google seems to accept as valid? I do not know these things.

But yeah, I got lucky with my brief position working with a used clothing webshop. That position has ceased to exist, and related jobs in the Real World have minimum requirements for education and experience that I don't possess.

I also got plopped into a role stacking shelves at a local grocery. Three literally ball-busting days later (they did not have pants in my size, so I had to use a pair two sizes too small), after spending my after-work hours punching ice mounds and bricks until my fingers bled and pumping lime vodka until I felt I could lie in bed without hitting myself, I threw in the towel and handed in my badge and pants. After that I was declared "Officially fucked up" and shuffled into a filing cabinet somewhere to be forgotten, after a quick comment about how expensive I was going to be for the state.

I'd like to be able to work, I would... But the only things I'm capable of doing to any degree of success are things that require a related degree if you want to work with them. Everything else is a cacophony of failure that wakes me up in the middle of the night with pains in my stomach.

The "Last chance option" I've been going to lately is a sort of halfway house thing where you go to do minor oddjobs around the building like taking out the trash or collecting abandoned coffee cups and bringing them back to the kitchen, so you can put a checkmark next to that task and feel good about yourself for having done something. It... Hasn't been a monumental amount of progress, I have to say. I went from being overtaxed and ground down at the grocery store, to being understimulated and just generally feeling embarrassed for myself at this new place.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115563 on: March 13, 2019, 06:24:34 pm »

Couldn't you ask your friends down the pub if they know of any rooms going? Living with friends, friends of friends or at least folks who've been vouched for by friends would be significantly less terrifying than moving in with total strangers, I imagine.
You don't need to commit to anything, but it (probably) can't hurt to ask around.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115564 on: March 13, 2019, 06:46:01 pm »

Living with friends, friends of friends or at least folks who've been vouched for by friends would be significantly less terrifying than moving in with total strangers, I imagine.
Not necessarily. I don't like people knowing how I live, because I'm worried they'll think less of me. In the case of friends or friends-of-friends, that means the charade is toast and I've fucked things up for myself, or even damaged someone else's reputation because they vouched for me.

In other news, one such friend has apparently had a really rough time lately and has managed to put herself in the hospital.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115565 on: March 15, 2019, 01:40:29 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:54 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115566 on: March 15, 2019, 02:47:31 pm »

Living with friends, friends of friends or at least folks who've been vouched for by friends would be significantly less terrifying than moving in with total strangers, I imagine.
Not necessarily. I don't like people knowing how I live, because I'm worried they'll think less of me. In the case of friends or friends-of-friends, that means the charade is toast and I've fucked things up for myself, or even damaged someone else's reputation because they vouched for me.

In other news, one such friend has apparently had a really rough time lately and has managed to put herself in the hospital.

That's the nice thing about the internet. We don't give a shit where or how you live. Or honestly, much of anything else. Apathy is the real equalizer.

You make us laugh sometimes, and that's good enough.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115567 on: March 15, 2019, 04:12:48 pm »

The interview is next month and I've decided that I'll give it my best shot, but if it fails I'm not going to stick around as a locum, and will be leaving ASAP
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115568 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:59 pm »

Chiming in for the recent act of terror in NZ. Prick thinks he's a damn celebrity, and so many people are trying to find the video that it's almost self-fulfilling.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115569 on: March 18, 2019, 03:04:47 pm »

my dad's pet parrot, a green conure, is sick and will probably pass away. its affecting me more than i thought but then, we've had him forever. i remember dad getting him as a kid, he bit me and it really didn't hurt but i squealed.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115570 on: March 18, 2019, 03:52:01 pm »

I hate this job so much. For most customers, things like "item X is on aisle Y," "The ATM is over there," "Would you like to donate?" or "I can help the next person" are unbearable information overload. Counting change and seperating your orders with dividers are feats of logic, wisdom and cunning typically reserved for Sherlock Holmes. They act like I should be blessed to hear the same two quips 50-100 times a day. And for them, using a debit card is like a mealworm flying a fighter jet. And why do they have to laugh so goddamn loud at every single thing that crosses their field of view?

I don't know how to get out except to get another identical job at an identical business. University is a pipe dream; I can barely afford to stay where I'm at let alone move to get an education, which is no guarantee of getting a better job. I'm angling super hard for a promotion, but I'm sure they'll pass me over for a brand-new hire.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

CausticLich

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115571 on: March 18, 2019, 04:29:15 pm »

My online RPG group died today. I don't think I'll try GMing with roll20 again for a while, I'm sick of 'scheduling issues' and flakes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #115572 on: March 18, 2019, 04:48:56 pm »

You could join mine. We've been having scheduling issues due to a shortage of players lately.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115573 on: March 18, 2019, 05:13:10 pm »

You could join mine. We've been having scheduling issues due to a shortage of players lately.
I've got a group right now that has neither DM nor players... Zero scheduling issues!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115574 on: March 18, 2019, 06:33:43 pm »

Chuckie, the green conure, has passed. Hatched 1993, we got him in 1996, passed 3-18-19. Hit the family hard, outlived both our neighbors dogs, we thought he'd outlive our crappy old sunbird station wagon but alas.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 7703 7704 [7705] 7706 7707 ... 8155