Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7706 7707 [7708] 7709 7710 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8581798 times)

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115605 on: March 24, 2019, 11:06:03 am »

So yeah, not a fan of hit and runs.
Some jerk in a silver truck rear ended me at a stop sign.
He backed into a driveway, turned around and ran.
I just knew I couldn't catch him or see his plate.
I drove to the police station and filed a report.
I had everything in order with insurance etc.
Officer put down no damage. I told him there was....
A big peice of steel behind the plastic bumper fell off when I went to my mechanic....

Now, I have a police report saying 0 damage.... Insurance will love that.

I do NOT know cars but when I get hit stuff gets cracked and steel falls off, there is damage.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115606 on: March 24, 2019, 11:08:38 am »

Bah, humans don't get old. 100 years isn't even an eyeblink.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115607 on: March 24, 2019, 11:19:30 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115608 on: March 24, 2019, 12:05:44 pm »

I'm feeling a bit sad about my general life situation as-is, and for the moment I've focused that dissatisfaction on needing a place of my own. Once I've got shelter secured, I can safely break up with my girlfriend, and work my way up from there.

Except I've effectively never done this before, and as such I'm a bit overwhelmed by the particulars and rituals of trying to pin down a rental without screwing yourself over. So I'm feeling a bit lost and confused, meaning that the progress isn't going as quickly as I'd like it to, and since I've recently put a lot of weight onto the idea of moving out it's extra-disappointing when I feel like I'm not capable of doing what's required.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115609 on: March 25, 2019, 11:55:57 am »

I'm just so fucking wore down. I'm tired and/or hungry and/or sleepy all the time is not funny anymore.

I'm finishing some construction work, as a helper because we really hasn't much "build a brick wall" assignature on college,  and if we had I missed that day.

Two weeks more and I'll be working on something else. At least after two weeks water came along again and the electricity although with some temporal black outs here and there is hasn't give us much issues beyond the fridge being damaged again because of course.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115610 on: March 25, 2019, 02:26:00 pm »

Okay what is this, how can this be serious?

Got some netflix guest acc to try out, but netflix won't work on firefox, unless I change my profiles.ini from a relative to an absolute path, which in turn dupes the profile and so the browser launches "factory-fresh". Of course there is no way backup settings, addons, bookmarks and litterally everything all at once... Sure I'll go upload some profile with all that data onto a cloud just to find out which parts you clowns missed. Why does every modern browser have to be such a cacaphony? My firefox is perfect as it is, nothing opens in a new window no matter how hard it tries, yet I stay on active tab, all new tabs are muted, the damn thing never makes a single suggestion nowhere to distract from the orders I was going to give it, because everything is blank, because it forgets everything but bookmarks as soon as closed. I can not be bothered to use a fresh firefox to rediscover all of these annoyances at least once to remind me some obscure setting in the about config or add-ons...

I use Waterfox and Palemoon, and Netflix works with one of them. I've got noscript and ghostery running on both as well, so that may work out for you.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #115611 on: March 25, 2019, 11:50:10 pm »

Read some of the stories I'd written in my "Written works thread" and cringed a little before clicking away from the thread.

Guess that's a problem I've been suffering from for a while now. I'll want to make something, then become afraid of judgement and hesitate long enough for the desire to create something to pass.

Then regret sets in (and that'll sometimes happen even after I have created something) and the loop I'm trapped in resets.

I'm not exactly the most satisfied with my own behavior right now.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115612 on: March 26, 2019, 07:23:21 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:10:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115613 on: March 26, 2019, 11:47:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:43:23 pm by JoshuaFH »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115614 on: March 26, 2019, 01:43:40 pm »

Double post, first post deleted: I just shouldn't make posts when I'm so irate and emotional. I'm deleting a lot of my posts lately, I just can't stand myself. I'll write something, and then I'll just obsess over it, "I shouldn't have written that; that was spur of the moment; I'm a moron for doing that over a fleeting feeling; I have to go delete it now it's the only way." and I'm certain I'd be happier if I just let go and accepted that I'm allowed to write down my feelings and be stupid however I like, but god I just can't stop nagging myself. I deleted that little bit of story idea I put in the happy thread. I feel like my whole day came pre-ruined just cause I woke up with the overwhelming urge to delete that post. I feel like, by writing it down, I'm exposing that fantasy to my own self-hatred, and I'm poisoning it and forcing myself to obsessively criticize it until I hate it; and I don't want to hate it it makes me happy to think about it. Even though I feel that I could be a creator of art, I know I can't because artistry requires a level of emotional vulnerability that I know I can't endure, it's like a nightmare where you're nude in front of everyone. Except art feels like streaking, frolicking, doing naked interpretive dance in front of everyone just for the fun of it.

One day, when I die, I feel like the worst part of dying is that all the fantasies in my head are going to die with me. I hope I'll have the presence of mind at that moment to apologize, at the very least.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115615 on: March 26, 2019, 02:13:25 pm »

Look man.

I went on vacation. We played Savage Worlds tabletop, superhero theme. The overarching story was that a villain kidnapped the Easter Bunny. They paid actual Kurt Russel, the actor, to stay at the scene in order to see who showed up to investigate. He was walking on his knees to blend in as part of his disguise. We decided to put him in a tree and come back for him later.

Anyway we also had an RV as a superhero base that we just sort of carried from place to place, and we took that to the secret villain hideout, which was a giant castle with regular human legs and arms being controlled by a regular human guy with a castle for a head. Hayden Christensen, the actor, was leading the ninjas, with a lightsaber. Some of the ninjas were wearing Naruto gear.

Anyway we found the Easter Bunny inside the castle and saved Easter.

Post your story right here. There is nothing that you can post underneath this that sounds stupider or more cringe-worthy than this real thing that I actually did and just posted.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115616 on: March 26, 2019, 04:38:43 pm »

Also, @josh. I've read many of your posts, and you are not cringey. You are far harsher on yourself than the reality deserves, at the very least in this context.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115617 on: March 26, 2019, 04:44:53 pm »

No kidding! I've caught most of your posts, josh. Is it the fact that it's out in the public forum that bothers you? Writing your feelings down like that is a super healthy way of handling your emotions. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115618 on: March 26, 2019, 11:25:50 pm »

Look man.

I went on vacation. We played Savage Worlds tabletop, superhero theme. The overarching story was that a villain kidnapped the Easter Bunny. They paid actual Kurt Russel, the actor, to stay at the scene in order to see who showed up to investigate. He was walking on his knees to blend in as part of his disguise. We decided to put him in a tree and come back for him later.

Anyway we also had an RV as a superhero base that we just sort of carried from place to place, and we took that to the secret villain hideout, which was a giant castle with regular human legs and arms being controlled by a regular human guy with a castle for a head. Hayden Christensen, the actor, was leading the ninjas, with a lightsaber. Some of the ninjas were wearing Naruto gear.

Anyway we found the Easter Bunny inside the castle and saved Easter.

Post your story right here. There is nothing that you can post underneath this that sounds stupider or more cringe-worthy than this real thing that I actually did and just posted.
Did you come back for Kurt Russel

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #115619 on: March 27, 2019, 09:27:22 am »

Some say Kurt Russel is still kneeling in that tree to this very day
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 7706 7707 [7708] 7709 7710 ... 8156