Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7713 7714 [7715] 7716 7717 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577173 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115710 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:08 pm »

Replacement screen. I can tell you I was slammed for 300€ for my samsung galaxy s9+ after it fell down the stairs
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115711 on: April 07, 2019, 07:09:25 pm »

I work with phone repairs, buy a new one.

For real, they get wonky after getting wet. If you didn't take it to a repair store on the following day it's absolutely useless, it is pure chance whether it will keep working or not, as random components get burned right after it and corroded as days pass.
The right way to do it is:
-Remove battery if possible. Else turn off.
-Take to repair store.
-Pray.

Trying to turn it on will burn display connector. Trying to charge it will burn display connector and charge IC. Everything wet will corrode as it dries. Don't fall for rice story kids, come and give money to the friendly repairman.
In a time before time, I had a name.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115712 on: April 07, 2019, 07:57:17 pm »

Again in the dark. A tad better prepared now, still pretty terrifying shit. Specially for peter.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115713 on: April 07, 2019, 08:30:33 pm »

"Dream apartment" fell threw; he's giving it to someone else.
That's too bad; I was hoping you would get your own space.
So was I, man... Believe me, so was I.

Also I'm kinda coming off of a bender, hence the typo. Just sitting here and listening to a sad song on repeat while waiting for my meds to counteract the cup of coffee I had 10 hours ago so I can get to sleep.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115714 on: April 07, 2019, 09:29:13 pm »

Oh hey, I just posted a kinda-sad song in the Music thread! Go listen to that one, too! If you haven't already crashed out, that is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115715 on: April 07, 2019, 09:59:59 pm »

I was gonna crash, but then my brain realized that I didn't have anything left of my prescription for "don't think about a thousand stupid things"-pills, and it decided to capitalize on the opportunity to force-feed me some incredibly hurtful shit over and over again.

So I'm still here at 5 AM trying desperately to not think about those things and just get some fucking sleep... And it's a fight I'm not doing very well in.

EDIT: I've actually managed to think hurtful things to the point of making myself nauseous. Kindly fuck right off, brain.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115716 on: April 08, 2019, 09:12:32 am »

@HmH

I've known people who exhibit that superlative degree of violent sociopathy. I'm not comfortable talking about them. They should be in prison. They are not in prison.

The ones I knew became cops.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115717 on: April 09, 2019, 01:39:43 pm »

We had an hour-and-a-half-long meeting today about professionalism. It was actually informative for portions of it. The part that got to me was the "If you're hungry, tired, stressed, or lonely, you should wait until you're feeling better before dealing with people, because it will affect your judgement." The only one of those I don't feel constantly (when I feel anything at all) is hungry, because my stomach is too screwed up. The point was also re-made later, with something along the lines of "you should feel supported." Man, I can't think of a thing I've said at work that wasn't immediately considered wrong just because I was the person saying it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115718 on: April 09, 2019, 01:46:51 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:06:56 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115719 on: April 09, 2019, 03:23:02 pm »

Say no more, I got the solution to your problems: go chronic 420 and you will also be constantly hungry.

You can thank me later.

You sound like my shrink. Also, that does work for the stomach stuff, pain, and caring too much about stuff. Just uh...not at work.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115720 on: April 09, 2019, 03:37:43 pm »

Depends what you do for work to be honest.

Even then, you probably won’t mind when you get fired.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115721 on: April 09, 2019, 04:05:42 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:06:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115722 on: April 09, 2019, 04:15:55 pm »

Say no more, I got the solution to your problems: go chronic 420 and you will also be constantly hungry.

You can thank me later.

You sound like my shrink. Also, that does work for the stomach stuff, pain, and caring too much about stuff. Just uh...not at work.
Depending on where you live, CBD is the anti-inflammatory component of the 420s. I know it's super trendy rn, but it may be a help to you still.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115723 on: April 09, 2019, 05:07:53 pm »

The twerp my sister hitched herself to has two kids he can barely feed and student loan debt that would make Ebenezar Scrooge flinch. So what does he do but buy a $1100 computer much like the one I've been trying in vain to save for for years on end.

I can't even give my fiancee a goddamn ring and have to put my dental work on a credit card. I scrimp and save all that I can and still just barely break even. It must be awesome not to have any shame or accountability.

I bet double or nothing that guy has the nutsack left over to ask me for money at the end of this month, too.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115724 on: April 09, 2019, 05:11:18 pm »

The twerp my sister hitched herself to has two kids he can barely feed and student loan debt that would make Ebenezar Scrooge flinch. So what does he do but buy a $1100 computer much like the one I've been trying in vain to save for for years on end.

I can't even give my fiancee a goddamn ring and have to put my dental work on a credit card. I scrimp and save all that I can and still just barely break even. It must be awesome not to have any shame or accountability.

I bet double or nothing that guy has the nutsack left over to ask me for money at the end of this month, too.
He likely will, yes.

Also, the below site has (fake) rings in the sub 100 dollar range. I know it's not quite the same, but it's a nicer alternative than Walmart. The rings look pretty nice, my Fiancee got some as a backup.

https://modgents.com
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7713 7714 [7715] 7716 7717 ... 8156