Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7748 7749 [7750] 7751 7752 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570556 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116235 on: July 25, 2019, 09:03:21 pm »

Today has generally been just a right old cunt of a day. Things have been going wrong. Things going wrong really stresses me out right now because I'm high on anxiety and depression today (Which is also causing me stress because that's basically like cognitive dissonance. I don't care and I care too much at the same time.). The intrusive thoughts have been coming and going like a fucking cat at a door.

Jesus fuck, I just want this to be over. This being basically every circumstance right now.

EDIT: You know, it's actually pretty hard to put into words precisely how sick and tired I am of all of this shit. It's the most sick and tired I've ever felt, and it's directed towards fucking everything. The online CBT that isn't working. The loneliness. The anxiety. The depression. Right down to me being sick and tired of this fucking room. The worst thing is, I know it's not going to be fixed by me vanishing to university for my next year, but my brain can't help but get hopeful that will be the end of it.

I'm just fed up with it all. If this keeps up for an extended period, I could genuinely see myself becoming suicidal because the only thing seemingly getting me through it right now is the idea that one day it'll all be over and I'll be back to how I was when I wasn't mentally ill.

Yeah, for a lot of mental illnesses, especially trauma-related ones, "focus on the thing" isn't a good idea.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116236 on: July 26, 2019, 12:38:01 am »

can completely lay down in
"Bath Tub"
What kind of hobbit are you?

But yeah, no tub here, just the shower fixture and a drain built into the tile floor. And at least partially noise-insulated walls.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116237 on: July 26, 2019, 07:03:16 am »

"Bath Tub"

I might be able to make it into the foetal position in my bath. I think I could in a corner bath, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116238 on: July 29, 2019, 06:06:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:42:40 am by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116239 on: July 29, 2019, 12:35:39 pm »

Bethesda wanted people to be always online to play Doom 1.

I miss Bethesda.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116240 on: July 30, 2019, 04:39:57 pm »

I've been in the big city for well over a month. I've been in the bone marrow transplant ward for over a week now. I'm miserable, I want to go home, but there is nothing to do but wait until I'm released. Even if I get out of here three days from now (the absolute earliest) I still have to remain in the area for a few weeks.

I want to go home and get married and get back to the rest of my life. I miss my fiancee, I miss my friends, I miss my job, I miss food that didn't come from the deepest pits of Hell.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116241 on: July 30, 2019, 05:55:43 pm »

There are different lengths of bath tub.

Home Despot--.. er.. Depot results; I have filtered for "Huge" tubs.

The standard american size is not nearly that big though.  The hotel in question just splurged for a very nice big one, large enough to fully lay down in.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116242 on: July 30, 2019, 05:56:30 pm »

How does this make you said I want cool fancy-ass biggo bathtubs now.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116243 on: July 30, 2019, 05:58:29 pm »

The point is that it is still a bath tub.  It need not be "Fetal position only" length.  They do come in lengths up to 6.5' long. Unless you are a major league basketball player, you will be able to fully lay down in that.

It was specifically for this post though;

"Bath Tub"

But yeah, no tub here, just the shower fixture and a drain built into the tile floor. And at least partially noise-insulated walls.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:05:08 pm by wierd »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116244 on: July 30, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »

I am sad that I don't have a bathtub with 19 different functions called the Opal Evolution now.

So now it is thread-relevant.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116245 on: July 30, 2019, 06:39:52 pm »

I am sad that I don't have a bathtub with 19 different functions called the Opal Evolution now.

Isn't the Tubgirl model bathtub better?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116246 on: July 30, 2019, 06:41:44 pm »

Isn't the Tubgirl model bathtub better?

I once got really drunk and mass-sent tubgirl to everyone in my friend's contact list on his phone.

His mother is the one who recommended tubgirl, specifically, when we asked what we should send.

He was probably sad about that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116247 on: July 31, 2019, 08:23:46 pm »

Had to uninstall Thumper despite it being a pretty damn good rythm game because it triggers my perfectionism rather fiercly. To the point where I got agitated and kept thinking "just one more time and then I'll stop" without, y'know, stopping.

Fortunately I managed to recognize that and actually quit and uninstall, but still. Damn shame.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116248 on: July 31, 2019, 11:43:46 pm »

I've been in the big city for well over a month. I've been in the bone marrow transplant ward for over a week now. I'm miserable, I want to go home, but there is nothing to do but wait until I'm released. Even if I get out of here three days from now (the absolute earliest) I still have to remain in the area for a few weeks.

I want to go home and get married and get back to the rest of my life. I miss my fiancee, I miss my friends, I miss my job, I miss food that didn't come from the deepest pits of Hell.
You've got this. Check in soon.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116249 on: August 01, 2019, 01:57:53 am »

Well, my fancy large format printer arrived...

with the box torn to shreds, the outer shell of the printer cracked seven ways to sunday, the internal ABS support structures literally broken, and the drive belt frayed beyond all redemption.

The damage is from UPS deciding that a package marked "This way up", and "Fragile" clearly needed to be dropped, repeatedly.  Like, From 3 foot up dropped. I am trying to contact the seller to see if we can get UPS on the hook for this.  The drive belt is an "nnnngggh.." thing, but they are cheap enough off Amazon.

I am gonna try to get this thing working despite it doing a humpty dumpty in shipping. Liberal (mis)use of plastic weld should get it back together, if a bit ghetto.
Pages: 1 ... 7748 7749 [7750] 7751 7752 ... 8156