Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7749 7750 [7751] 7752 7753 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578068 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116250 on: August 01, 2019, 11:06:49 am »

I just learned that getting married could mean that I don't get state insurance anymore. Since my treatment is probably already in the millions of dollars, losing my insurance is not an option. God bless America.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116251 on: August 01, 2019, 11:50:42 am »

I just learned that getting married could mean that I don't get state insurance anymore. Since my treatment is probably already in the millions of dollars, losing my insurance is not an option. God bless America.
Not millions of dollars by far. Transplants run around 100.000 USD give or take. Add the cost of chemo, which I assume it's R + something... add another 100k.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116252 on: August 01, 2019, 12:06:39 pm »

Still, considering I have zero income right now and will be returning to retail when I'm done, that's like an ant comparing shoe sizes. I've had at least three types of chemo, R-CHOP, R-ICE and BEAM. Plus the cost of all these hospital stays.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116253 on: August 01, 2019, 08:32:03 pm »

I'm not currently sober enough to describe things properly.

But in short: Fuck me, right?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116254 on: August 01, 2019, 08:45:07 pm »

I'm not currently sober enough to describe things properly.

But in short: Fuck me, right?

I would.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116255 on: August 01, 2019, 11:14:32 pm »

Life sucks right now. Moreso than usual, I mean.
I think it's a combination of unpleasant circumstances, interpersonal tension, physical pain (just a broken collarbone, dw about it) and my own mood just being at a real low for whatever reasons.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116256 on: August 01, 2019, 11:24:30 pm »

So, digging further into my printer and its "OOpsie! we dropped it!" woes, I have found an important gear that drives the carriage service station is missing 3 teeth.

I have performed yet another ghetto repair on it using some bathroom silicone to build an impression mold against the still existing teeth, rotated around the gear so that the resulting rubber form creates a "dam", and then filling the void with 2 part epoxy to re-mold the missing teeth in-situ. After curing for 12 hours, it seems to be serviceable (tooth spacing and splinar geometry is correct--Mechanism moves without slipping or change in resistance.), but still...  This is getting out of hand.

I just want to print things. :(

I'll find out Monday, when the new drive belt arrives.  I could be chasing phantoms of this mail-order-mistreatment for some time. (Well, Happy birthday to me, I guess.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #116257 on: August 02, 2019, 03:50:52 am »

If it's damaged on arrival, surely you can get a new one sent?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116258 on: August 02, 2019, 04:56:10 am »

I feel like shit, lonely and isolated. I despise myself but I don't know how to go about changing anything, and I don't have the energy to even think about it.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116259 on: August 02, 2019, 05:06:33 am »

I feel like shit, lonely and isolated. I despise myself but I don't know how to go about changing anything, and I don't have the energy to even think about it.

We're here for you bud

In other news I finished my contract on Tuesday and I've gotten overwhelming support from the nurses, junior doctors, and patients (esp patients) I get emotional thinking about it.

I think the issue is that my peers were complete turds and I felt my work was ignored. Having it actually brought to the forefront how relevant it was to many people was heartwarming and bittersweet
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116260 on: August 02, 2019, 05:52:21 am »

Thank you, my friend, and don't think I don't appreciate it, but I just long so much for people to be around, for people to smile at me or put a hand on my shoulder. I'm so damn starved for physical touch of any kind, fuck I'm starved for physical presence. I just don't know how to meet people. And even if I did I don't know how to connect with or become friends with anyone. The only social skill I know is how to keep people at a distance.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116261 on: August 02, 2019, 06:02:15 am »

Go get a tattoo. Buckets o' physical contact and interaction right there.
...Or, like, a massage, I guess. Or a mad acupuncture sesh. But those things are temporary, a sweet-ass tattoo is forever. 8)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #116262 on: August 02, 2019, 06:05:44 am »

Who would want to get a tattoo of a sweet on their ass though?  :o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116263 on: August 02, 2019, 06:51:09 am »

Because I'll eat dat ass like candy, obviously.
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116264 on: August 02, 2019, 03:27:40 pm »

If it's damaged on arrival, surely you can get a new one sent?

No.  No I cant.

This was an ebay purchase.  These things retail in the 3000$ to 4000$ range.

Mine cost 800$, including shipping. 

Being an ebay special, it was listed as "Works great!" with images of a print, and images of the unit-- Along with the normal "No warranty" because it's just some guy selling a single unit he has, that is used, and he cant offer that kind of thing.  What I got in the mail is of course, all busted the shit up.

Since there was only one of them, and the price I paid is (ahem) substantially below retail for used units.. (ahem) this is just not realistic to expect.

I have instead pulled the service manual for the beast, and am doing ghetto repairs.  The seller has yet to respond to my inquiries about if they insured the shipment or not (for something this big and expensive, they should have. If so, then we can get UPS on the hook for being a bunch of butter-fingered gorillas, and we can both walk away financially satisfied with the situation. If not, I still have grounds to ask Ebay for a refund on grounds of "not as advertised", since the unit would not have "worked great"; It had a shredded carriage drive belt.)  I would rather not go the "nuclear" option, because that is dickery.  I would rather try to get this sorted some other way with the seller first-- Assuming they ever respond to my inquiries.

Pages: 1 ... 7749 7750 [7751] 7752 7753 ... 8156