Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7754 7755 [7756] 7757 7758 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555259 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116325 on: August 05, 2019, 02:44:40 pm »

Huh, funny, it's the other way around for me. All my friends are religious, openly so. In fact, I was just told yesterday that my morality was like a house without a foundation because it doesn't have God in it. Also apparently God makes people somehow inherently better, hah.

So it sounds like a fairly similar situation for the both of us - I wouldn't let it get you down, though. Presumably they don't intend to be douchey :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116326 on: August 05, 2019, 02:53:26 pm »

Ask to see them and never doubt the voice that speaks to you. Because the moment you do. You become doubtful and a doubting will makes you guess the thoughts. Instead of listening and acting, you think about why your shoes have cheese slices in them and why they aren't melting quick enough

What

Just... what

I assumed that part was a joke.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116327 on: August 05, 2019, 03:58:23 pm »

Well..  More sad on the printer.

I got the new drive belt installed. Head moves correctly, so another problem down.
Ghetto printhead service station gear is working just fine.

NOW-- Now I find that the mechanism used to hold onto the ink tanks has a busted off flange, that is pretty important, because it keeps the retainer sled from camming up, and popping out of registration with the printer body when you try to insert an ink tank.

An hour later, more 2part liquid epoxy, some aluminum foil, (to support the liquid epoxy, to rebuild the broken off flange) and lots of futzing, and now the stuff is finishing curing.

(sigh), whoever's bright idea it was to make everything inside this thing out of brittle assed ABS can suck my choad. Parts like this one, that bear constant tortional stresses, should have been made of nylon.

I am contemplating taking measurements, and 3d printing a complete replacement sled out of nylon in fact.  If the ghetto epoxy flange reconstruction job doesn't work appropriately, I will do that.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116328 on: August 05, 2019, 06:26:39 pm »

DPD said they'd deliver my 130 quid parcel on the 1st of August. They didn't turn up, and sent an "Oops! You weren't home" message. I repeat, they didn't turn up. Then it was the 2nd of August. No show. I sent an email on the 3rd. No response. I sent an email this morning. No response. The tracker says my parcel is still in the depot.

I am actually quite angered by this.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116329 on: August 05, 2019, 06:32:19 pm »

DPD said they'd deliver my 130 quid parcel on the 1st of August. They didn't turn up, and sent an "Oops! You weren't home" message. I repeat, they didn't turn up. Then it was the 2nd of August. No show. I sent an email on the 3rd. No response. I sent an email this morning. No response. The tracker says my parcel is still in the depot.

I am actually quite angered by this.

Are you sure they’re going to the right address? I bought a computer about 15 years ago and they delivered it to the wrong address. Luckily the person at that address (similar street names) decided they didn’t need a PC and brought it over to me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116330 on: August 05, 2019, 06:35:28 pm »

Oh, that was lucky. Nice bit of common decency.

And yea, I'd be fairly certain it's the right address. It's just rather rural and isolated, so I suspect they couldn't find it and decided "f it".
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #116331 on: August 05, 2019, 07:10:45 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:10:34 pm by Eschar »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116332 on: August 06, 2019, 10:32:52 am »

Oh, that was lucky. Nice bit of common decency.

And yea, I'd be fairly certain it's the right address. It's just rather rural and isolated, so I suspect they couldn't find it and decided "f it".

So, I sent yet another email today and finally got a response.

I was speaking to the driver about this, and he said that he thinks he may have inadvertently delivered your package to another address on his run. He said that
he was unable to find your address, and left the parcel in his van, but when he finished his shift, the parcel wasn't in his van

Apologies about this. The best thing to do now would be to contact the sender, and make them aware.

So we were both right!

I have since contacted Amazon (the seller) and a replacement has been sent. Someone in my locality just got a pricey gift....
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116333 on: August 06, 2019, 12:37:55 pm »

That's how it happens.

Drivers vans are loaded so that the next package you can grab in the back is the next one on your route. They check their manifest/route and off they go.

There's immense pressure from Amazon to deliver stupid numbers of packages within their stupid, unrealistically promised timeframes, and as such drivers are constantly going full tilt and can easily make that mistake.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116334 on: August 06, 2019, 03:09:01 pm »

There's immense pressure from Amazon to deliver stupid numbers of packages within their stupid, unrealistically promised timeframes, and as such drivers are constantly going full tilt and can easily make that mistake.

Yay capitalism!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116335 on: August 06, 2019, 03:15:15 pm »

It's more the lying - saying noone was at home or we missed the van - than anything else which is irksome. And the not responding to my emails.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116336 on: August 06, 2019, 03:48:30 pm »

Amazon requires that of us.

They deliberately make it more of a problem to mark things as "attempted" or "delayed" because if we mark em delivered it looks like their stupid promises never get broken, and then they can turn around and blame the shipping company.

They've called us and threatened repercussions if we don't mark everything delivered by 8PM. We deliver well after that time in some areas.

They promise same-day delivery to businesses that close at 5PM. They get the packages to us at like 3PM. Surprise, 2 hours isn;t enough to deliver an entire days' worth of packages. God forbid they take responsibility for anything ever, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116337 on: August 08, 2019, 12:21:24 pm »

Everything is stressing me out today. Is there a reason for this? Of course not, it's just the case and I have to live with it until it passes.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #116338 on: August 08, 2019, 11:10:16 pm »

-
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:16:49 am by Eschar »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116339 on: August 09, 2019, 04:18:24 am »

Sadly, I know exactly what went wrong with life that I ended up needing to take two painkillers and an anxiolytic to get through family visits. I just can't do anything about it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7754 7755 [7756] 7757 7758 ... 8155