Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7757 7758 [7759] 7760 7761 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470570 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116370 on: August 14, 2019, 07:41:58 pm »

They knew they'd failed to deliver to their customers and instead decided to just milk anyone they could for everything it was worth

This is just hyperbolic. Maybe they ran out of money, so they needed to do that in order to continue anything. After all, you're only going to sell DLC to people who already have the underlying game, and are happy enough with it to want more content.

You're also doing Early Access in order to get investment from people who think your idea is cool and that you're going to deliver on it.

If you then turn around and say "well, we're not finished with that idea, but boy howdy this new idea that we want you to pay for in addition to the still unfinished product that you've already paid for that we're not working on because we want you to pay for this "new" stuff. It's a real doozy!" I think people are entitled to get a little bit nonplussed that they've paid for something that you don't seem to be particularly interested in working on.

There are other means of generating investment that don't shaft everyone that has already bought into your idea, like cosmetic packs or getting your name in the game or other inconsequential nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116371 on: August 14, 2019, 08:58:59 pm »

Martin Shkreli defrauded investors of around 10 million. He's in jail for 17 years.

Chris Roberts got himself nearly 300 goddam million dollars eight years ago, four years past his original date, and now has not even a ballpark of a release date and his ass is up to his eyeballs in controversy, lawsuits and FTC complaints. He is going to go home scot free at the end of it, mark my words.

Producers are not held to account and we've gotten used to it. Not giving them a single shitnickel to support this style of chicanery. No sir.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116372 on: August 14, 2019, 11:24:53 pm »

I'm visiting family and apparently there's a house inspection later this month at home, with me unable to easily afford a quick trip back there.
My housemate has apparently started cleaning my room for me. Oh gods. I honestly would have preferred to bankrupt myself in order to make it back there in time to deal with it myself... the shame of it.

And I can't remember exactly how bad it was either, so who knows quite how embarrassed I need to be?! I'm gonna have to get the guy a thank-you gift, in any case.
At least his girlfriend is currently overseas. Having one person bear witness to the horrifying state of my borderline 'neckbeard nest' is bad enough. Jfc.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116373 on: August 15, 2019, 05:26:18 am »

Parts of my skin are super sensitive and painful, and for some reason my anxiety has been flaring up for weeks. I don't even want to go to fencing or taekwondo, which is almost never the case. I'm also fighting the urge to self-harm.

I can go take an anxiety tablet, and I probably will after I make this post, but it doesn't always help. And even so, I sometimes ponder the nature of a life where I take up to four medications daily, two of them addictive enough that I avoid them as much as I can, just to function approximately like a normal person.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116374 on: August 15, 2019, 10:37:48 am »

Why am exist
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #116375 on: August 15, 2019, 10:39:13 am »

To eat falafel.
Mmm, delicious.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116376 on: August 15, 2019, 10:50:47 am »

While falafel is OK, I prefer gyro or kebab.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116377 on: August 15, 2019, 10:51:11 am »

And grape leaf rolls and seaweed~
So many things are good on or around rice.

Sad: I'm now almost positive I chipped a back tooth yesterday and I have no idea how, I was eating tater tots.  The tip of my tongue is super sore from worrying at it.  Guess there was a speck of rock packed in, I hate when that happens.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #116378 on: August 15, 2019, 10:58:35 am »

I agree but Yoink is vegetarian.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116379 on: August 15, 2019, 11:07:06 am »

There are .. vegetarian.. versions of both.

https://www.liveeatlearn.com/roasted-chickpea-gyros/

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-balsamic-glazed-veggie-kebabs-244021

I can't speak to the edibility of either; I am a consummate omnivore, and want my cuisine to follow suit, but there are options for those that do not.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #116380 on: August 15, 2019, 11:25:20 am »

Just because people call something by a name doesn't make that thing what they call it~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116381 on: August 15, 2019, 11:31:06 am »

I know that traditional gyro is made with specially seasoned beef, and kebab is traditionally meat of some kind (usually lamb or beef);

However, gyros can be made from all kinds of things, not just the traditional style. Also, Kebab is a verb for the preparation method.

كباب
Arabic
Etymology
According to Nişanyan, borrowed from Aramaic: compare Jewish Babylonian Aramaic כבבא‎ (kbbʾ, “roasting of meat”), כיבה‎ (kybʾ, “perhaps roasted meat”), which are from the verb כבב‎ (kbb, “to burn, roast”), ultimately from Proto-Semitic *kabab- (“to burn, to roast”), whence also Akkadian 𒅗𒁀𒁍 (/kabābu/, “to burn”).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116382 on: August 15, 2019, 12:53:01 pm »

We've been through this before - in the name if clarity I will reshare the serious version of what I concluded the last time instead of jokingly insisting that the way my country uses the does kebab is the correct one.

Kebab, while etymylogically descended from Arabic, is used by Turks for a hundred thousand dishes, used similarly to how in English "roasted meat" could mean a hundred thousand different things.

Gyros (Greek), Döhner (Turk), and Shawarma (Arabic) all mean "to rotate" and refer specifically to the method of cooking involving roasting the meat on a rotating spit.
Love, scriver~

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #116383 on: August 18, 2019, 08:42:27 pm »

A friend of mine is going off to college and I won't see him for a while.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116384 on: August 19, 2019, 12:11:20 am »

I agree but Yoink is vegetarian.
He's not just vegetarian, he's vegan. Vegetarians can't eat meat, vegans can't eat any animal products (such as eggs).
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 7757 7758 [7759] 7760 7761 ... 8153