Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567778 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11640 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:52 pm »

Isn't there a movie about the Golden Ratio?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: September 06, 2010, 09:07:33 pm »

-sad speech-

Dayumn, if that actually happened... D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:48 pm »

They also would have had the president contact them, say goodbye, and try cut off all attempts to contact them untill they died. Dick move, in my opinion. Good thing it wasn't needed. If I had been Michael Collins in that situation, and the command modual could return to Earth, I know what my first action would have been. I would have found Nixon, and punched him out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »

On top of that, I think I'd try to find a way to play Kenny Loggins over all of NASA's PA systems at maximum volume. Or something equivalent, because, you know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: September 06, 2010, 11:18:25 pm »

The movie adaptation of Tomorrow When the War Began was only played in Australia, and it was released a short while ago.

To the Piratemobile!

God damn, I cannot find it. DAMN YOU AUSTRALIA.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:46:45 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: September 06, 2010, 11:53:12 pm »

Everything I do or say after 10pm is bound to be astoundingly stupid.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:24 am »

(continuing from the happy thread)
I feel like doing something, but now I don't want to sleep and I need to bacause school starts back up in 6 hours...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: September 07, 2010, 12:43:34 am »

Fate has ordained that the men who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace

Because the best way to start an eulogy is to make a bad pun
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: September 07, 2010, 12:46:21 am »

*delete post*
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:55:16 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: September 07, 2010, 01:17:21 am »

(things)

You won't be able to find contentment until you are happy with yourself, and appreciate your abilities and your present position. It doesn't mean you have to stop trying to do better... it just means that you probably aren't accepting your past and present success as legitimate, because "you could always have done more, or done it better."

I think you're a pretty rad person, from my distant vantage point. I would give you all of the high-fives... all of them. However, even that, though written in earnesty, won't help you find the contentment you, as a human, naturally seek. You won't find that until you can be happy with yourself. And to be truly happy with yourself takes a fair chunk of self confidence. Luckily, that's just a matter of willingness to believe yourself, and acceptance that right now, you are precisely what you should be.

Hope the repetition doesn't come across as flippant, but I thought it might be semi-appropriate.

If your present situation feels like a rut, start to break it down into pieces, and pick apart what it is that's bugging you about it, as specifically as you can. Do the same for the situation or an ideal you want to be living in the future; break it down into elements that you want to have in your life, and think about why that is. Then match up a pair of current problems and ideal situations, and figure out how to get from one to the next. Build a plan, with a structure like that which the rest of your week works on, and tackle it as a side project.

Breaking a general life-malaise into pieces, and tackling it bit by bit is a great way to be able to make progress, and see the progress you've made too. Things will always feel like they could be better, but when you've got some sort of plan, you can see the difference, and that can be heartening.

This, on the other hand... yes, there is an a capella group that does mostly romantic math music.  No, I don't know why.  Yes, it is ridiculous.

Bad ass. I really love dorks with talent, who find ways to combine and share both at the same time. Excellent.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:24 am »

I wish I had the energy to do something.
I wish my medication was working.
I'm with the "life sucks" crew. I need a hug.
Love, scriver~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: September 07, 2010, 04:44:25 am »

*hug* =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: September 07, 2010, 04:45:32 am »

*hug* =)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: September 07, 2010, 06:28:33 am »

I cought a cold last night, and it's the worst kind, not the one that gets you in bed for a few days, no, this one is there just to annoy me during the winter, always sick, but never sick enough to lay in bed and wait for it to go away
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: September 07, 2010, 06:32:39 am »

*hug* =)
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 8156