Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8566183 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11655 on: September 07, 2010, 06:43:25 am »

*Joins group hug*

That's good. I thought it had something to do with the statement "I have a crush on the whole math department."

It... sort of does... in a way...

I shall be romantically fulfilled by co-authoring papers with my favorite mathematicians, destined to content myself with passing glances and the innuendo of ergodic matrices.  Topology, algebra, continuous functions, and metric spaces... all of these shall express my love, my hope, my regret, as surely as bouquets of flowers did in the Victorian era.  They shall say "BUT THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ELEMENTARY AND TRIVIAL WE DIDN'T LET DUMB PEOPLE GO TO SCHOOL IN POLAND" and I shall swoon and say "Let G be a group and G' a semi-group and now we shall define an isotopism phi" and that will have to be enough, because Albert's theorem should be enough for just about anyone anyhow.

Like kisses in the rain, the reddest of roses, a lover's gentle embrace... no, mathematics shall be the language of my affections!  The reddest of redrom, elegantly expressed but never understood!  Such is my heart-rending destiny!
Vector, have anyone told you you are awesome?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: September 07, 2010, 06:51:24 am »

Edit: I shouldn't be allowed on the internet this early. Apparently, before 9am, I'm retarded.

Also: b'daawwwwww. Internet group hug!

Also: scriver, if your meds aren't working, perhaps you should change which kind or dosage amount you take? Which kind/dosage do you take?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:55:00 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: September 07, 2010, 06:54:58 am »

Hup! I'm in!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: September 07, 2010, 06:59:00 am »

I would join you in this group hug but unfortunately I don't like physical human contact and I am socially awkward.

On a completely unrelated note, who wants to show me their tits?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: September 07, 2010, 07:08:03 am »

I would join you in this group hug but unfortunately I don't like physical human contact and I am socially awkward.

On a completely unrelated note, who wants to show me their tits?

I'm shirtless in the Photo Share thread. That's probably the closest you'll get here. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: September 07, 2010, 07:38:57 am »

I went to java class today. The teacher and all were very nice, I'm with tons of awesome people too, but there is one thing that really saddens me. The actual learning material is very basic, so basic it could be considered trivial. And this isn't because I'm some pro programmer either. Just ask around the bay12prog thread and they'll tell you how terrible a programmer I am. Anyway, I really hope it'll get better later on.

e, Now with more sadness. A pipe exploded today at home, a plummer came and cut the water off at about 9:00 and he still didn't fix it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:26:27 am by ILikePie »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: September 07, 2010, 10:20:56 am »

Thanks for the e-hugs, everyone. :)

Also: scriver, if your meds aren't working, perhaps you should change which kind or dosage amount you take? Which kind/dosage do you take?
It's not that they don't work, I just don't think they work enough. At least I do no longer want to kill myself, and that's always something.
Maybe I should talk about a higher dosage with my psykomancer, but at the moment I have a pair of investigations on whether my depression may be "physical", hormonal, or whatever in origin, so I don't think I'll change anything 'till they're over.
I'm just so bored doing nothing.
Love, scriver~

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: September 07, 2010, 10:41:37 am »

Whenever I'm feeling depressed and withdrawn, I try to think about or do something that it's hard for me not to get excited about. It tends to be different things, but I can always find something after enough trial and error... and oftentimes in the process I loose hold of the blah that was fueling it.

Also, just for OmnipotentGrue:

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:37 am »

I was just told we won't have any water until tomorrow. Darn pipes.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: September 07, 2010, 11:17:42 am »

Im confused.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: September 07, 2010, 12:04:30 pm »

Thanks for the e-hugs, everyone. :)

It's not that they don't work, I just don't think they work enough. At least I do no longer want to kill myself, and that's always something.
Maybe I should talk about a higher dosage with my psykomancer, but at the moment I have a pair of investigations on whether my depression may be "physical", hormonal, or whatever in origin, so I don't think I'll change anything 'till they're over.
I'm just so bored doing nothing.

Don't do nothing. Do something. Go for a walk. Dye your hair. Play a ridiculously over the top game. Listen to metal and headbang. Drive. Write. Draw. Make out with someone. Do something.

You just have to ask yourself...is it worth doing nothing?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: September 07, 2010, 03:20:02 pm »

Vector, have anyone told you you are awesome?

Yes, you have--and it's very much appreciated =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: September 07, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »

Vector I'm doing calcusous an how come I know how to do equtions but cant explain functions///

0<X<27
V(x)=4x+y
4x+y=108
4(11)+y=108
44+y=108
y=<3 Vector

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:08 pm »

I might just be totally off my rockers here but since 44+y=108, wouldn't y=108-44=64?

Or am I missing the point of this too?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: September 07, 2010, 04:58:50 pm »

Nah, he's just being adorable =)

Anyway...

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 8156