Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7772 7773 [7774] 7775 7776 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573071 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116595 on: September 11, 2019, 08:16:37 pm »

Oooooh that degree qualifies him to be (flips through pages) Lord of a seventh-century fiefdom! Or a Lady, it's 2019 after all

You can't wield supreme executive power because some watery tart threw a diploma at you
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116596 on: September 11, 2019, 09:49:13 pm »

Oooooh that degree qualifies him to be (flips through pages) Lord of a seventh-century fiefdom! Or a Lady, it's 2019 after all

You can't wield supreme executive power because some watery tart threw a diploma at you

Used to be you didn't even need the diploma.

Anyway, here's my sad. Though it's mostly incandescent rage.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/church-held-homeless-people-hostage-forced-them-to-beg-feds-say/ar-AAH9biy

Hope these sadistic bastards get the max sentence. I wonder how many people are being charged, or if it's just the ringleader?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116597 on: September 12, 2019, 02:29:24 am »

Oh man, that's disgusting. Sadly, people are capable of much worse things...

There's lots of evil in this world. Just that should encourage us to spread goodwill. As one wise man once said:

"I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."

Sadly, someone's still not getting it. Society is venturing directly into hell, I'm telling you.

Compassion, friend. I am sad with you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #116598 on: September 12, 2019, 03:20:56 am »

I do believe he was doing some sort of history thing, perhaps focusing on Medieval stuff.
Quite right! My comments on the heptarchy and Henry ii gave me away, didn't they? :P

Oooooh that degree qualifies him to be (flips through pages) Lord of a seventh-century fiefdom! Or a Lady, it's 2019 after all.

Jokes aside that is a neat degree. A suppose some sort of research job would be in order?
That would be nice, but unlikelybunfortunately. Even with a PhD
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116599 on: September 12, 2019, 05:05:21 am »

Now what do I do?
Go back to grade school and intellectually molest those damn kids as you were molested in your youth. The circle of education must continue.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116600 on: September 12, 2019, 07:02:30 am »

You're honest about things and you're too emotionally unstable to hire, you repress and hide all that nonsense and it's toxic masculinity.

Is it sexist to say that I doubt a woman with my credentials would have been passed over for this position for not being able to deal with multiple people shouting at her at once?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #116601 on: September 12, 2019, 07:32:32 am »

I mean... probably. Do you actually believe that, or are you just heated up and lashing out? Least in my experience women don't exactly get treated more leniently in the situation you're describing (barring maybe other considerations, corruption, cultural stereotypes vis a vis the position being sought, whatever).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:34:03 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116602 on: September 12, 2019, 08:52:01 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:22:48 pm by dragdeler »
let

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116603 on: September 12, 2019, 10:13:35 am »

It probably is sexist, but it's a teaching position which are often disproportionately held by women. I just can't help but wonder whether there is a disparity there.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116604 on: September 12, 2019, 10:22:04 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:22:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116605 on: September 13, 2019, 03:32:50 pm »

I think I'm never going to be satisfied with my life. I think I've seen my future and it ends with my depression winning in the far distant future. I'm always going to feel hollow and empty, like nothing really matters at all.

I'm still going to fight this bitter, pointless war in my head till the end, and never give up. I just feel demoralized.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116606 on: September 13, 2019, 06:17:13 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:22:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116607 on: September 14, 2019, 12:06:57 am »

I don't think that nothing matters, but yeah, I completely understand you with this hollowness.

For me, it's perpetual switching from normal state to those of insane dwarves, when he's just hanging around and searching for some way to end this. Then it reverts to normal, and I'm thinking: "Man, how could I ever be so desperate? How such thoughts broke in my head?". And I think, that now I saw through it, it'll never happen again. Of course it does...

If I would want to be satisfied with my life, I could end it right know, 'cause I'm not gonna to be satisfied, not by far. But life is still worth living, if you don't become cacatonic dwarf, who just doesn't care, but try to make it better around you. Even in you hollow state, when you don't care anyway, if you try, you're hero.

We're all demoralised. I'm actually impressed I see that some guy is proclaiming to hold, and never give up. That's right, Hanslanda, that's right. Keep living  ;).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116608 on: September 14, 2019, 07:19:53 am »

We're all demoralised. I'm actually impressed I see that some guy is proclaiming to hold, and never give up. That's right, Hanslanda, that's right. Keep living  ;).

I love warhammer 40k simply because of the Guardsmen motto, "Hold the line and die fighting."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116609 on: September 14, 2019, 07:24:21 am »

I love warhammer 40k simply because of the Guardsmen motto, "Hold the line and die fighting."

Oh man, I'm gonna immortalise this quote. "Hold the line and die fighting." That's... Just awesome. Not heresy at all.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 7772 7773 [7774] 7775 7776 ... 8156