Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7791 7792 [7793] 7794 7795 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8550125 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116880 on: October 07, 2019, 02:44:44 am »

If you do, I recommend staying with company.  Solitary time, coupled with such thoughts, is a recipe for premeditation.

When I had my bouts with this shit, I spent a lot of time with my neighbor lady for that very reason.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116881 on: October 07, 2019, 07:18:24 am »

(I'm sorry, I have no real advice for the actual serious Sads above me but I have nowhere else to post this since the Mild Sad thread was done away with)

My headphones have fallen apart again, my housemates are asleep and I don't have any duct-tape to fix them with - but I'm a li'l drunk and really want to blast some music! Arrghh!   

Also, all y'all cripplingly depressed folk, I'd shout you a beer if I could.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:19:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116882 on: October 07, 2019, 07:40:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:28:00 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116883 on: October 07, 2019, 08:15:42 am »

I've been having suicidal thoughts lately, and today I realized that I could off myself by either consuming every Seroquel tablet I currently have (totalling to 1800 mg worth as of last count. Given that I normally take 25 mg, that's probably fatal), or jumping off a building, head-first.

Then I wondered if the fact that I absolutely can kill myself is the reason why I haven't gone ahead with this dying thing.

1) Don't. 2) The human body is pretty good at avoiding poisoning. That kind of overdose would just make you sick.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116884 on: October 07, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »

Also you'd hallucinate pretty severely. Which is honestly a somewhat ironic side effect for an antipsychotic, but there you go!

And yeah, sometimes just knowing that the option is there can help make you feel better. No matter how bad it gets, you're not trapped. The option is there. Every day not taking it is a day you didn't need it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #116885 on: October 08, 2019, 09:08:25 am »

I really want to get into scale-modeling as a hobby but holy crap does it have a steep entry price. Gundams I'm already into, and they're nice in that you could just buy the model kit and one or two essential tools and you're set to go. With regular models you gotta buy a bunch of paints, none of which are cheap and most of which you will use fairly little of, plus if you really want to have good effects you gotta grab an airbrush as well and those aren't super cheap either. Plus, y'know the model kit itself costs about as much as an MG Gundam kit.

And it's not that I'm short on cash now, hell I have no idea what to spend most of my paycheck on these days since I'm kinda short on time, it's just that, the entry price is damn high for something that I may not have the time or patience to keep up with (and even if I do the damn thing doesn't get any cheaper over time)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116886 on: October 08, 2019, 09:35:38 am »

Maybe you should think about some sort of crafting hobby then instead of buying model kits. There have to be a lot of schematics you can get from the net, and most people generate a lot of hard plastic waste (bottles, containers etc) that could be used for sheet plastic.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116887 on: October 08, 2019, 01:03:41 pm »

I don't know. Depression, chronic boredom, and burn-out probably?

I need to sit around less and get more (low-impact, but muscle-building) leg exercise, but it's always too hot here to be outside. I should also get a hobby that requires me to think creatively. Shadowrun used to be good for that, but the group fell apart over a year ago.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #116888 on: October 08, 2019, 01:14:39 pm »

I really want to get into scale-modeling as a hobby but holy crap does it have a steep entry price. Gundams I'm already into, and they're nice in that you could just buy the model kit and one or two essential tools and you're set to go. With regular models you gotta buy a bunch of paints, none of which are cheap and most of which you will use fairly little of, plus if you really want to have good effects you gotta grab an airbrush as well and those aren't super cheap either. Plus, y'know the model kit itself costs about as much as an MG Gundam kit.

And it's not that I'm short on cash now, hell I have no idea what to spend most of my paycheck on these days since I'm kinda short on time, it's just that, the entry price is damn high for something that I may not have the time or patience to keep up with (and even if I do the damn thing doesn't get any cheaper over time)
Are you talking about something like Warhammer or the larger non-gaming vehicle models? In the latter case, the paints last quite a long time (I've got a few jars that lasted a year or two without any deterioration) as long as you buy decent Testors stuff, and an airbrush is completely unnecessary (though nice) as long as you get a larger brush and have good technique. As for tools, the only critical bits of kit are a good hobby knife (you wan the metal kind with interchangable blades, not the single use disposable ones) a pair of good tweezers, and wire cutters (for cleanly snipping pieces off the sprue, some of the detail parts like gearshifts or antennas are too fragile to be easily removed with a knife).
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #116889 on: October 08, 2019, 01:47:11 pm »

I need to sit around less and get more (low-impact, but muscle-building) leg exercise, but it's always too hot here to be outside. I should also get a hobby that requires me to think creatively. Shadowrun used to be good for that, but the group fell apart over a year ago.
Buy an indoor bike? I got one cheap off a neighbour for 20 quid, though they are probably more expensive generally, and it's been great for my legs. No running/cycling on dangerous roads either.

Lunges also, of course, and squats. Or gym membership.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #116890 on: October 08, 2019, 02:13:13 pm »

Are you talking about something like Warhammer or the larger non-gaming vehicle models? In the latter case, the paints last quite a long time (I've got a few jars that lasted a year or two without any deterioration) as long as you buy decent Testors stuff, and an airbrush is completely unnecessary (though nice) as long as you get a larger brush and have good technique. As for tools, the only critical bits of kit are a good hobby knife (you wan the metal kind with interchangable blades, not the single use disposable ones) a pair of good tweezers, and wire cutters (for cleanly snipping pieces off the sprue, some of the detail parts like gearshifts or antennas are too fragile to be easily removed with a knife).

Non-gaming stuff, I've given up on ever getting into wargaming years ago, mostly due to lack of anyone else to play with :V (that said, I wish they had a more display oriented line of figures, bigger and more realistic in proportion, having a single good space marine model to work with is way more appealing than having a dozen kinda wonky ones imo)

Yeah, I've got pretty much all those tools and then some, got a fairly nifty set of that plus a bunch of files and polishing sticks for like 15$ off ebay, but that stuff is useful for a bunch of other things as well. The main issue I have with the paints is that they're fairly specific in their use, unless you want all your models having the same color scheme, which is kinda boring. And I just know I'd end up with a bunch I've only used a couple of times and never again :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #116891 on: October 08, 2019, 02:55:11 pm »

The little jars of Testors paints aren't too expensive, and IIRC they mix fairly well. If you just buy them by the jar, and either accept slightly off colors or are good at mixing the tone you want (either will probably be fine for anything but "pristine" military vehicles - civilian cars and such don't usually need that much precision, and "distressed" military doesn't have to be the exact right color anyway) you'll probably wind up without too much waste.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116892 on: October 08, 2019, 03:05:24 pm »

Buy an indoor bike? I got one cheap off a neighbour for 20 quid, though they are probably more expensive generally, and it's been great for my legs. No running/cycling on dangerous roads either.

I've thought about that. I'd need help dragging it up the stairs, but it's indoors, and probably quiet enough not to shake the downstairs neighbor's ceiling.

Lunges also, of course, and squats.

My knees "Failed Under Continuous Testing." I'd barely be able to walk for a few days after that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116893 on: October 08, 2019, 03:25:29 pm »

So today's the day of a gig I've been really looking forward to (Necrot's last show of tour, with the also amazing Whitehorse) and I am somehow still sick. Just, a lot of cough and very little voice remaining.
I can't miss this, but I dunno what to do to try and improve my condition by tonight. Maybe eat an orange, drink a cup of tea and then pound down some of the cough syrup I just bought but wasn't really planning on using for its intended purpose?

I hope at least my stupid, croaky voice improves by this evening. Dx
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116894 on: October 08, 2019, 04:15:25 pm »

Put some honey and maybe some lemon juice in the tea
Pages: 1 ... 7791 7792 [7793] 7794 7795 ... 8155