Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7804 7805 [7806] 7807 7808 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570387 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117075 on: October 31, 2019, 11:10:55 am »

That tech is popular, and not particularly expensive compared to the cost of the vehicle itself - especially electric vehicles, which are still significantly more expensive than ICE powered ones. Manufacturers add in all the bells and whistles because everybody buying an EV is already paying luxury car prices, and the people who actively want to not have them are a minority.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117076 on: October 31, 2019, 11:17:15 am »

It's not practical if you specifically want a car (for obvious reasons), but electric motorbikes exist and are just that - motorbikes with the engine swapped out for an electric motor with the minimal set of modifications to make it work.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117077 on: October 31, 2019, 05:11:02 pm »

That tech is popular, and not particularly expensive compared to the cost of the vehicle itself - especially electric vehicles, which are still significantly more expensive than ICE powered ones. Manufacturers add in all the bells and whistles because everybody buying an EV is already paying luxury car prices, and the people who actively want to not have them are a minority.

Problem is random shit like back-up cameras are required standards now.  Once you add a back up cam the rest of the fucking tablet may as well be added to the dash.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117078 on: October 31, 2019, 05:39:43 pm »

Just buy an old gas guzzler. Sounds like electric cars are riddled with annoying design flaws anyway.
I'm all for saving the environment, but you wanna put a tablet OS and a touch screen in my car?! Fuck it, let the planet burn.   

Alternatively, you could buy a cool old gas guzzler and embark on some zany hobby project to convert it to run on, like, turnips or some shit. Sure the powers that be probably wouldn't see that as acceptable for a vehicle traveling on their precious roads, but fuck 'em. At least you'll be ready for the apocalypse or something.
Bonus points if you grow your own turnip-equivalents in a garden bed right on the roof of the vehicle.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117079 on: October 31, 2019, 05:47:54 pm »

Alternatively, you could buy a cool old gas guzzler and embark on some zany hobby project to convert it to run on, like, turnips or some shit. Sure the powers that be probably wouldn't see that as acceptable for a vehicle traveling on their precious roads, but fuck 'em. At least you'll be ready for the apocalypse or something.
Bonus points if you grow your own turnip-equivalents in a garden bed right on the roof of the vehicle.   

Its been a long while, but I believe its possible to convert a Diesel car to run off of refined vegetable oil (like as a kit).  And for the most part restaurants will just give you the old fryer oil, they'd throw it out anyway.

Of course, your car will smell like a french fry dump, but hey its not dinosaur blood.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117080 on: October 31, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »

Problem is random shit like back-up cameras are required standards now.  Once you add a back up cam the rest of the fucking tablet may as well be added to the dash.

Because being able to clearly see what’s behind your car is a bad thing :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117081 on: October 31, 2019, 05:57:12 pm »

Its been a long while, but I believe its possible to convert a Diesel car to run off of refined vegetable oil (like as a kit).  And for the most part restaurants will just give you the old fryer oil, they'd throw it out anyway.

Of course, your car will smell like a french fry dump, but hey its not dinosaur blood.
Correct, it’s plant carcasses
(Coal and oil were made in the Carboniferous, long before dinosaurs existed. This was a time where giant Arthropoda ruled the land, which was mostly forests)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:02:53 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117082 on: October 31, 2019, 06:00:18 pm »

Good god, I'd be endlessly hungry whenever I drove anywhere.

Seriously though, are kits like that legal to drive? On actual roadways? That's awesome if so.   
When I heard of such things they sounded far more experimental, and I know governments tend to be stupid strict on what you're allowed to drive.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117083 on: October 31, 2019, 06:12:29 pm »

Because being able to clearly see what’s behind your car is a bad thing :p

Actually cars have bigger blind spots in the rear these days, ironically due to safety.  Bigger roof supports and just less glass in general.

Since there's more blind spots, you need a back up cam.

Good god, I'd be endlessly hungry whenever I drove anywhere.

Seriously though, are kits like that legal to drive? On actual roadways? That's awesome if so.   
When I heard of such things they sounded far more experimental, and I know governments tend to be stupid strict on what you're allowed to drive.   

This article says you could be fined, but I'd say its a matter of who's enforcing it, other than maybe the yearly car inspection.  I am not a lawyer though.

Honestly your biggest obstacle, at least in the US, is finding a car that uses diesel in the first place.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117084 on: October 31, 2019, 06:46:28 pm »

'Sprobably an Australian thing, then, having insanely strict road laws/laws in general.   
That article is very interesting! I'll have more of a read later. It seems like, with the amount of $$$ it takes in fuel and fees to drive a car normally, that it really wouldn't be that much more expensive to do this and catch a dumb fine from time to time. If you're going to convert it anyway you could probably get the base car fairly cheap, so that the $2000 in installation costs wouldn't be such a big deal.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117085 on: October 31, 2019, 10:09:47 pm »

I feel like everything I’ve ever lived for has been ruined. I can’t think of a single thing that I would enjoy right now, under any circumstances. I’m not sure if I can still have a normal relationship of any kind with anyone. I’m not sure I can enjoy myself with anyone like other people do. I feel like I’ve just been broken completely. Suicide doesn’t even provide the same kind of relief anymore. I think of how painful it’s going to be. I’m not sure if I have the energy. I’m not sure if I have the guts. I feel so desperate.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117086 on: November 01, 2019, 12:01:23 am »

Eat your mushrooms.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117087 on: November 01, 2019, 12:35:30 am »

I feel like everything I’ve ever lived for has been ruined. I can’t think of a single thing that I would enjoy right now, under any circumstances. I’m not sure if I can still have a normal relationship of any kind with anyone. I’m not sure I can enjoy myself with anyone like other people do. I feel like I’ve just been broken completely. Suicide doesn’t even provide the same kind of relief anymore. I think of how painful it’s going to be. I’m not sure if I have the energy. I’m not sure if I have the guts. I feel so desperate.
Please don't commit suicide.

Please know that you can post/vent here or DM one of us.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117088 on: November 01, 2019, 03:59:59 am »

Bloop, you're far more resilient than you think yourself. The pain and misery you feel is proof that you're still capable of withstanding it, rather than washing away in the tide. It's not pleasant, but it does prove that you're stronger than you probably give yourself credit for. If you'd needed that exit, you would've been able to take it. Every day you didn't take it is a day you didn't need it (however much it may have felt as such). You are not trapped, you are in control, and you are getting through this. The body and mind crack and break occasionally, and they need time to heal before they work again... But they can heal.

If you can, do please talk about it. Whether it's on here in posts or messages or with someone you feel you can talk to, it helps to put the burden into words sometimes. Because then at least it gets a sort of weight and clarity, rather than just an omnipresent blob of feeling.

Eat your mushrooms.
Do you legitimately not have a personality outside of your obsession with getting high off shrooms? Is there a single thought in your head that didn't grow from a spore? You're exactly the kind of junkie that gives shroomers a bad name.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117089 on: November 01, 2019, 06:49:44 am »

Probability of ever having munched a mushie in real life: Decreasing with 30% per mushroom post
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7804 7805 [7806] 7807 7808 ... 8156