Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7806 7807 [7808] 7809 7810 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573278 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117105 on: November 01, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »

My life is spiralling out of my control. As usual. I'm sick to death of being bad luck's bottom bitch.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117106 on: November 01, 2019, 05:09:17 pm »

Is it because you call them "Old Yeller" (because they're old and yell)? If not, have you tried?

No.  I just feel like everyones standards just go up and up.  Every time I try to go and improve myself nothing even changes.  Not like anyone even notices anyway.

I can't compete when anyone can find better with five swipes on a phone.

I meant the old people who're judging on you.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117107 on: November 01, 2019, 05:36:44 pm »

Is it because you call them "Old Yeller" (because they're old and yell)? If not, have you tried?

No.  I just feel like everyones standards just go up and up.  Every time I try to go and improve myself nothing even changes.  Not like anyone even notices anyway.

I can't compete when anyone can find better with five swipes on a phone.

I meant the old people who're judging on you.

They either don't care anymore or want to give me advice that only could work if it were still 1970.  Because the Internet never changed society.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117108 on: November 01, 2019, 09:51:28 pm »

Nngh, I've been anxious for days about this new housemate moving in, and cleaning and storing all sorts of clutter, and I think everything is actually looking pretty ready.

...Which is good because he was supposed to arrive four hours ago, based on what he said this afternoon.  It's totally fine, I'd just like to know when he's coming.

Also I hope he's okay.  My mom called an hour ago to tell me her surviving brother passed away.  I suppose the sad-sad is that I'm feeling so exhausted from hype that I really haven't reacted to this.  I'm going to sleep like a log - which is good, because I've got an early day tomorrow, and likely tomorrow night.

Trying to help my current housemate jury-rig repairs to his car has gotten real frustrating over the past week and a half, too.  Not to mention my gma's still delusional when I'm not visiting.  And then there's the situation with my ex- but now my mom needs me too (like everyone else in my life apparently) because her brother's *freakin dead*, I'm just going to have to do my best.

I'm stress-eating lately, and that worries me a bit.  I should really be exercising instead of spacing out when I have free time.
But like, I'm actually doing really well, myself.  Just sharing in other peoples' stress, as social animals do.  It's alright, it's a good deal.  Things will calm down soon. 
Wish my nose would stop running.

Edit: Okay housemate came home and was super-impressed and happy about the tidying-up I did, and he gave me a hug and I do feel a lot better now
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:12:15 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117109 on: November 02, 2019, 10:31:26 am »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117110 on: November 02, 2019, 11:20:40 am »

Eat your mushrooms.
Do you legitimately not have a personality outside of your obsession with getting high off shrooms? Is there a single thought in your head that didn't grow from a spore? You're exactly the kind of junkie that gives shroomers a bad name.

A dollar says this is exactly the same person as has been talking about mushrooms the whole time, on multiple accounts. I can think of at least one account I reported for looking a heck of a lot like ban dodging. Activity? Stopped. This account? Created a day or two later.

I am so tired of... everything. It's be a lovely piece of self-pitying victimisation to say that everything I touch turns to ash, but it's more like I've had an unfortunate, but not especially avoidable, set of events leading to touching many things already in the process of turning to ash. It's the best of all possible worlds! Everything sucks, but I can't make myself into a dramatic cursed prince, or try to fix things that I broke, or whatever, because I didn't break them. I'm actually just a regular guy and for my own good I probably shouldn't pursue misanthropy as a hobby, but it's tempting.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 12:30:14 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117111 on: November 02, 2019, 09:22:16 pm »

A dollar says this is exactly the same person as has been talking about mushrooms the whole time, on multiple accounts.

At least this one spawned a fun Adventure Mode thread.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #117112 on: November 03, 2019, 09:29:45 pm »

I am so tired of... everything. It's be a lovely piece of self-pitying victimisation to say that everything I touch turns to ash, but it's more like I've had an unfortunate, but not especially avoidable, set of events leading to touching many things already in the process of turning to ash. It's the best of all possible worlds! Everything sucks, but I can't make myself into a dramatic cursed prince, or try to fix things that I broke, or whatever, because I didn't break them. I'm actually just a regular guy and for my own good I probably shouldn't pursue misanthropy as a hobby, but it's tempting.

Everything is always in the process of turning into ash! Just a matter of time, as it is.
That said, I hope your hands manage to grasp something which stays solid for a few moments all we all spiral into irreversible entropy!

Sorry, being macabre makes me happy. Good luck with not continuing to have bad luck. BlessRNG
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117113 on: November 04, 2019, 08:49:13 am »

Daylight savings time still exists. I'm editing half of the words I type once or twice, because I'm so exhausted I can't focus. I know at this point that it will be 2 weeks or so of this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117114 on: November 04, 2019, 09:33:35 am »

But it went backwards, you had more time to sleep waste before going to bed too late to get good sleep.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117115 on: November 04, 2019, 10:24:22 am »

But it went backwards, you had more time to sleep waste before going to bed too late to get good sleep.

The time I fall asleep is now an hour further into the night (I was able to fall alseep at 11, now midnight) and I get up at the same time. I half a year, the alarm clock will be going off an hour earlier. Either way, I lose an hour. But it's a fair trade-off. for 4 or so weeks a year, I'm less functional, but in exchange clocks recharge or something?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117116 on: November 04, 2019, 10:52:30 am »

Yeah ... not sure that makes any sense.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa
In the USA. right now they're putting clocks back 1 hour. That means for that one night you get 9 hours of sleep rather than 8.

Also, if your normal internal clock says to go to bed at 11, since the clock's gone back one hour, then that's now 10pm. Not 12. If you're now going to bed at 12 instead of 11, then that makes no sense to blame on the clocks going back, because current 12am was actually 1am before the clocks changed.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:04:07 am by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117117 on: November 04, 2019, 11:01:04 am »

Yeah ... not sure that makes any sense.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/usa
In the USA. right now they're putting clocks back 1 hour. That means for that one night you get 9 hours of sleep rather than 8.

Also, if your normal internal clock says to go to bed at 11, since the clock's gone back one hour, then that's now 10pm. Not 12. If you're now going to bed at 12 instead of 11, then that makes no sense to blame on the clocks going back, because current 12am was actually 1am before the clocks changed.

Ah, I got them switched. This is the one where the alarm is going off an hour earlier, and the other one is when I get to sleep an hour later. Still losing sleep on both ends.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117118 on: November 04, 2019, 11:07:27 am »

No you still have that flipped around. If the sun rises at 6am, and you put the clock back 1 hour, then the sun rises at 5am, and you will wake 1 hour later, compared to sunrise. 6 am will now be one hour later, in physical terms.

If you used to go to bed at 11pm, as I said before, you should now find yourself getting sleepy earlier (that's now 10pm on the new clock).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:14:17 am by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117119 on: November 04, 2019, 11:15:22 am »

My problem is illustrated here. The blue bars are what the new time zone does, superimposed over what my body will allow (not inlcuding stress from not being able to sleep). You seem to be suggesting the thrid picture.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7806 7807 [7808] 7809 7810 ... 8156