Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7806 7807 [7808] 7809 7810 ... 7827

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4933468 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117105 on: December 06, 2019, 01:12:54 pm »

I got up around, I dunno, a little past 10? I ate a small breakfast, talked with a friend, did a little shopping, ate lunch and sat around for a bit, talked with the friend for a couple more hours, then helped out a little bit when she closed up the cafe she works at.

It's 7 PM now and I am utterly exhausted. I even had coffee earlier today, and I'm the kind of person who can't have coffee after 1 PM because it'll keep me up all night because I never drink coffee and am therefore strongly affected by it.

When can I please have some goddamn energy? My apartment's in shambles, I need to clean out the weeks of empty cans and plastic bags.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117106 on: December 06, 2019, 01:17:18 pm »

When can I please have some goddamn energy? My apartment's in shambles, I need to clean out the weeks of empty cans and plastic bags.
Amphetamines, son.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117107 on: December 06, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »

I got up around, I dunno, a little past 10? I ate a small breakfast, talked with a friend, did a little shopping, ate lunch and sat around for a bit, talked with the friend for a couple more hours, then helped out a little bit when she closed up the cafe she works at.

It's 7 PM now and I am utterly exhausted. I even had coffee earlier today, and I'm the kind of person who can't have coffee after 1 PM because it'll keep me up all night because I never drink coffee and am therefore strongly affected by it.

Nah, you need kerosene and a match. It's easier that way.

Although you do also get a flash of accomplishment when you clear out your depression nest.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117108 on: December 06, 2019, 04:53:56 pm »

No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117109 on: December 06, 2019, 05:42:41 pm »

They tagged some random person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #117110 on: December 06, 2019, 05:54:10 pm »

When can I please have some goddamn energy?

Nah, you need kerosene and a match

They tagged some random person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.

I hereby wholehearthedly agree. Keep up the good work folks today is not the day to watch the world □□□rn.

On another note: I hear spirits & liquors burn quite nicely too but I think that's a matter for an awesome thread. 

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117111 on: December 06, 2019, 06:25:27 pm »

UPS is a bunch of cowards, thanking the police for murdering one of their drivers who was taken hostage.

They didn't even bother mentioning his name.

Now, the last report I read said they were not sure who actually killed him.

Has that changed?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117112 on: December 06, 2019, 06:40:15 pm »

Officially, it is under investigation.

Unofficially, you don't pop your hostage when you have cops closing in on you - that's the only leverage you have. I'd give it 10 to 1 that the cops started blasting away first.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117113 on: December 06, 2019, 06:56:06 pm »

Officially, it is under investigation.

Unofficially, you don't pop your hostage when you have cops closing in on you - that's the only leverage you have. I'd give it 10 to 1 that the cops started blasting away first.

I always try to do that whole devil's advocate let's be fair to everyone gumdrops and rainbows etc thing, but yeah 10-1 sounds about right.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117114 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:12 pm »

So, felt absolutely slaughtered and got to bed at 7:30. Almost slept until about 10, where in my restlessness I did a quick saltwater gargle to try and ward off the cold that's trying to attack me. Went back to bed and continued not sleeping until now, 1:34 AM.

This is apparently what I get for drinking coffee twelve hours ago. Fuck.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117115 on: December 08, 2019, 01:42:27 am »

So, felt absolutely slaughtered and got to bed at 7:30. Almost slept until about 10, where in my restlessness I did a quick saltwater gargle to try and ward off the cold that's trying to attack me. Went back to bed and continued not sleeping until now, 1:34 AM.

This is apparently what I get for drinking coffee twelve hours ago. Fuck.

Screw it. Netflix binge.

Nothing like mindless entertainment to enjoy without pushing any exhaustion until sleep arrives eventually.
bloop_bleep's Moving Fortress Parts Mod!

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117116 on: December 08, 2019, 04:03:23 am »

Netflix binges are slightly easier when you have a Netflix account!

And there is a fair amount of eyestrain involved in stuff like that, so I figured just resting and trying to conserve strength was the best course of action... Especially seeing as I didn't really have a lot of energy, so getting up and doing stuff wasn't any more appealing than it usually is(n't). I just couldn't sleep.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117117 on: December 09, 2019, 04:14:11 am »

Been struggling a lot with my mind lately. Mostly just want to sleep so I don't have to spend time thinking about stuff because it always cycles around to thinking about my mental and physical health and that's a bad place to get into, but my sleep isn't restful because I've been having strange and disturbing dreams every night for over a month.

Don't want to talk to my family about this stuff because frankly everyone's got enough of their own stuff to worry about and I get uncomfortable talking about it with people anyway. I just kind of want to melt or something, just gently cease to be for a while, but I can't escape my own mind, or the constant physical pains reminding me I exist.

On a conscious level I know it's irrational, but I feel bad whenever I go to the doctor about this, about the fact I'm on medication, about the resources that get spent on me when I know my problems aren't even that bad all things considered. I know that's just part of the depression affecting me, but it's hard to shake the feeling sometimes that it's all a waste.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117118 on: December 09, 2019, 09:39:29 am »

I always try to do that whole devil's advocate let's be fair to everyone gumdrops and rainbows etc thing, but yeah 10-1 sounds about right.

Just don't take it too far.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762

Been struggling a lot with my mind lately. Mostly just want to sleep so I don't have to spend time thinking about stuff because it always cycles around to thinking about my mental and physical health and that's a bad place to get into, but my sleep isn't restful because I've been having strange and disturbing dreams every night for over a month.

Don't want to talk to my family about this stuff because frankly everyone's got enough of their own stuff to worry about and I get uncomfortable talking about it with people anyway. I just kind of want to melt or something, just gently cease to be for a while, but I can't escape my own mind, or the constant physical pains reminding me I exist.

On a conscious level I know it's irrational, but I feel bad whenever I go to the doctor about this, about the fact I'm on medication, about the resources that get spent on me when I know my problems aren't even that bad all things considered. I know that's just part of the depression affecting me, but it's hard to shake the feeling sometimes that it's all a waste.

A lot of that does sound like the old familiar depression. As for the sleep, have you tried relaxing with some low-stakes tv or something? PeeWee's playhouse works for me when I'm stressed, because nothing really happens, and also it reminds me of the good parts of childhood (watching tv). Video games may or may not work for you, depending on if they relax or stress you out. I mean, the light isn't good for your sleep, but I guess the alternative is reading in the dark or something.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117119 on: December 09, 2019, 10:48:47 am »

Just don't take it too far.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762

I was reading through many of the tweets replying to it, feeling more and more disdain for people continuing the nonsense, until I read one at the bottom which said it was not just stupid but it was untrue, and realized I hate it when people donít take the time to understand itís nonsense more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.
Pages: 1 ... 7806 7807 [7808] 7809 7810 ... 7827