Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7807 7808 [7809] 7810 7811 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472424 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117120 on: November 04, 2019, 11:24:55 am »

There's no change though.

There's the weird quote from unknown that kicks around Facebook around this time that only the government would think that taking a foot from the top of the blanket and adding it to the bottom would make a longer blanket. The length of time that you have to sleep doesn't change.

If you went to bed at the same time that you normally do, you would have an extra hour to sleep this time round. Equally so, if you have an alarm clock that doesn't automatically change for daylight savings, you get the same amount of sleep, and then proceed as usual once you change it afterward.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117121 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:10 am »

Well, it's well established that there is an impact on CV health. And there IS a change for people who work because everything is moved up and down. This has an impact on waking hours
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117122 on: November 04, 2019, 11:36:34 am »

What? No I'm not saying #3, that doesn't make sense, you just seem to be confusing the direction of things.

For simplicity say that sunset was 6pm and sunrise was 6am. Currently, your biological clock says to go to bed at 11pm (5 hours after sunset) and rise at 7am (1 hour after sunrise). If you put the clock back one hour, then sunset is now at 5pm, and sunrise is at 5am. If you stick to the same biological clock, then you should now feel sleepy at 10pm (5 hours after sunset) and feel like rising at 6am (1 hour after sunrise). Same as before, in terms of solar time. This is why you saying you can't sleep until 12am makes no sense. After the clock change, 12am is 7 hours after sunset, which is 1am in the old time, a full two hours after your normal bedtime.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117123 on: November 04, 2019, 11:38:50 am »

EU is abolishing it next year I think?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117124 on: November 04, 2019, 08:49:37 pm »

Daylight savings is probably second only to flat-earthers in terms of "dumbest shit ever".   
Hopefully it is abolished everywhere, sooner rather than later.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117125 on: November 04, 2019, 09:19:47 pm »

Daylight savings is probably second only to flat-earthers in terms of "dumbest shit ever".   
Hopefully it is abolished everywhere, sooner rather than later.   
An Iowa representative has made a bill that, when passed, would establish central standard time throughout the year, getting rid of daylight savings time. Not sure if it will pass, though

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117126 on: November 05, 2019, 10:46:51 am »

Nice one, Iowa! Hopefully it works out. :)   

We now return to your regularly scheduled self-loathing.
Been second-guessing my every social interaction moreso than usual today (wait, technically yesterday and today), and have given serious thought to the possibility that half or more of my friends secretly hate me.
I mean - who knows? They might. But I have no reason to believe that apart from my brain telling me to. Until my brain backs up its claims with evidence I'm just going to ignore them and focus on hating myself, instead.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117127 on: November 05, 2019, 05:29:36 pm »

I'm so tired. I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of my life. I'm tired of everything wrong. I'm tired of my failings.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117128 on: November 05, 2019, 07:44:06 pm »

Stopping alcohol and caffeine consumption will help you with half of that, perhaps meditate on the thought of wrong. What is wrong? What is failure?
Don't let others tell you what is successful and righteous. Discover yourself.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117129 on: November 05, 2019, 07:53:03 pm »

Stopping alcohol and caffeine consumption will help you with half of that, perhaps meditate on the thought of wrong. What is wrong? What is failure?
Don't let others tell you what is successful and righteous. Discover yourself.
This is good advice

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117130 on: November 05, 2019, 10:54:24 pm »

I'm surprised they got through a post without recommending shrooms.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117131 on: November 06, 2019, 01:56:02 am »

But now apparently he's scared shitless of coffee 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyway lowering alcohol consumption is a good idea.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117132 on: November 06, 2019, 01:58:54 am »

The coffee probably told him about how much it suffered every time he took a sip. :P

(the alcohol was a belligerent ass.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117133 on: November 06, 2019, 01:59:42 am »

Using caffeine does overall reduce your energy. Though, quitting it would probably be worse!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117134 on: November 06, 2019, 02:01:22 am »

i go though cycles on the caffeine.

When I find that I need it to feel normal, it means it is time to lay off for a month-- Basically. Bring tylenol instead to deal with the withdrawal headache.
Pages: 1 ... 7807 7808 [7809] 7810 7811 ... 8153