Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7809 7810 [7811] 7812 7813 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555387 times)

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117150 on: November 06, 2019, 04:18:25 am »

I never once suggested 'psychoactive' compounds.
Are you projecting Arx?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117151 on: November 06, 2019, 04:26:13 am »

Are you projecting Arx?

I didn't say you'd suggested psychoactive compounds. All I said was that you partook of them, which is trivially obvious from your post history and certain other context cues.

So, in the jargon of the children these days...

Are you projecting Arx?

Unrelated to which I'm now in pretty much constant pain from my back/shoulder/neck muscles. Not actually sure how long it's been going on, but nothing helps for more than a few seconds now which I guess means it's probably time to see a medical professional. Hurrah.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117152 on: November 06, 2019, 04:43:22 am »

Yes you did. Or at least implied it with "mushrooms". I guess you might have meant that he should dine on boletus but....
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117153 on: November 06, 2019, 04:44:44 am »

Assuming conclusions due to post history.
This horse you rode in on seems to be the one im talking to, not the actual rider.
Neigh enough of that. I was simply here to offer help to someone who is hurting.
The fears and idealisms you hold onto will shape you in an image not of your choice. Tread the path of reductionist assumptions carefully. I care for you

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117154 on: November 06, 2019, 04:45:08 am »

Arx already confessed to reporting people some pages ago (or possibly in another thread). I wouldn't bother trying to give him advice of any sort.

Hilariously false.
You fail at science.   
Actually wierd and I were just trying to work out the semantics of this... You might be technically incorrect as much as you're technically correct. Which is a dreadful technicality!
Well, I'm pretty sure he missed the joke in the first place so he certainly fails at something. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117155 on: November 06, 2019, 04:56:02 am »

It's funny cause its true?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117156 on: November 06, 2019, 05:38:28 am »

??? Yes, I take the past into account when considering the present. I'm not a Markovian process. I don't know why you'd expect anything else.

I was simply here to offer help to someone who is hurting.

Given that evidence suggests your advice will be, on average, useless or actively harmful, I'm afraid your desire to play psychiatrist and pharmacist over the internet stirs no well of compassion in me.

Arx already confessed to reporting people some pages ago (or possibly in another thread). I wouldn't bother trying to give him advice of any sort.

Yup, I report people who are or appear to be in violation of the rules. A truly appallingly close-minded behaviour, I know, but what can I say? I enjoy being able to read the forums without too much vitriol, suggestion of illegal activity, or posts that can't even be considered off-topic because they're not completely comprehensible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117157 on: November 06, 2019, 05:53:31 am »

Given that evidence suggests your advice will be, on average, useless or actively harmful, I'm afraid your desire to play psychiatrist and pharmacist over the internet stirs no well of compassion in me.
What "evidence" might that be?
Are you seriously saying that alcohol and caffeine aren't bad for a person in the long run?

Yup, I report people who are or appear to be in violation of the rules. A truly appallingly close-minded behaviour, I know, but what can I say? I enjoy being able to read the forums without too much vitriol, suggestion of illegal activity, or posts that can't even be considered off-topic because they're not completely comprehensible.
Y'know what they say about snitches... 🤷🏻
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 05:55:05 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117158 on: November 06, 2019, 05:56:21 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117159 on: November 06, 2019, 05:57:48 am »

This horse you rode in on seems to be the one im talking to, not the actual rider.
Neigh enough of that. I was simply here to offer help to someone who is hurting.
The fears and idealisms you hold onto will shape you in an image not of your choice. Tread the path of reductionist assumptions carefully. I care for you
So you totes meant a boletus omelette, and not halllucinogenic mushrooms. Right

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117160 on: November 06, 2019, 06:06:13 am »

Are you seriously saying that alcohol and caffeine aren't bad for a person in the long run?
To my recollection, Arx hasn't suggested caffeine or alcohol as remedies for psychiatric issues. Wizard has, on at least one occasion, recommended psilocybin as such a solution (unless it really was a nice mushroom omelette, which is almost as unhelpful a suggestion).

Are you saying that hallucinogens aren't bad for a person in the long run?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117161 on: November 06, 2019, 06:07:01 am »

They get fat blunts?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117162 on: November 06, 2019, 06:08:29 am »

They get fat blunts?
No
They get fart puns

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117163 on: November 06, 2019, 06:10:09 am »

@Kagus: not in this situation, he didn't.
For the record, I'm not taking the Wizard's side in this - he did just advise someone to reduce their alcohol consumption to improve their life, after all.
I just find the judgemental attitude shown by certain persons to be thoroughly unpleasant and wish they would take it elsewhere.
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117164 on: November 06, 2019, 06:12:14 am »

To my recollection, Arx hasn't suggested caffeine or alcohol as remedies for psychiatric issues. Wizard has, on at least one occasion, recommended psilocybin as such a solution (unless it really was a nice mushroom omelette, which is almost as unhelpful a suggestion).

Are you saying that hallucinogens aren't bad for a person in the long run?

Uhhhm....

https://beckleyfoundation.org/psilocybin-for-depression-2/
http://www.thelancet.com/pb/assets/raw/Lancet/pdfs/S2215036616300657.pdf

There's evidence that it is effective...  More work needs to be done to determine if it can be decoupled from its hallucenogenic effects by dosage, or if a non hallucenogenic analog can be synthesized artificially (and most importantly, do a trial with a sample size significantly bigger than 20 patients)-- but asserting that it's quackery to suggest it (as a treatment option) is not reflective of demonstrable reality.

Considering that there are other, safer drugs out there though, it should not be a first choice for a very large number of reasons.  (some more obvious than others.) However, if you have depression that is resisting standard medications, it's time to discuss alternative treatments with your physician.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 06:16:52 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 7809 7810 [7811] 7812 7813 ... 8155