Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7811 7812 [7813] 7814 7815 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474363 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117180 on: November 06, 2019, 12:20:09 pm »

My wife's troublesome sister went off the road while drunk and was ejected through the windshield. She's probably going to die today.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117181 on: November 06, 2019, 12:27:57 pm »

My wife's troublesome sister went off the road while drunk and was ejected through the windshield. She's probably going to die today.
Shit, dude... Mixed feelings galore. Pretty heavy regardless... How's the wife doing?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #117182 on: November 06, 2019, 12:36:35 pm »

Oh dear lord. I'm very sorry, for you and your wife's family.

I don't think there's much more to be said, unfortunately...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117183 on: November 06, 2019, 12:47:23 pm »

She's minute to minute.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117184 on: November 06, 2019, 02:29:06 pm »

Actually I was going to suggest to get off the ssri.
Then prescribe exercise and avoiding drugs all together.
If giving advice in a thread of sadness is to be attacked by a few reductionist claims due to my choice of poetry, profile picture and mycoremediation hobby (that is without doubt a good thing for our environment) then Of course I will lead you ashtray.
Cool keep funding Monsanto Bayer with your medication choices.
Mother knows best and its best you listen to her.
Like i said, you are riding your idealisms faster and faster away from forming your own opinion.
Of course its hard to get over the childhood brainwash.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117185 on: November 06, 2019, 02:31:10 pm »

If giving advice in a thread of sadness is to be attacked by a few reductionist claims due to my choice of poetry, profile picture and mycoremediation hobby (that is without doubt a good thing for our environment) then Of course I will lead you ashtray.
Like i said, you are riding your idealisms faster and faster away from forming your own opinion.
I am unsure why people are attacking you, it is expected to give advice in this thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117186 on: November 06, 2019, 02:52:11 pm »

Sigh, the SSRIs are evil thingy again.

Look, SSRI medication is not for everyone, but is very helpful for many people who suffer from depression. Please don't paint with a broad negative brush a helpful medication that already has a large negative stigma associated with it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117187 on: November 06, 2019, 03:13:14 pm »

While I do agree with you that it has its place, I disagree with the ones who suggest such things for minds which they do not reside.
Just like you suggest I used some metaphysical paint brush of negative energy, it was you who painted with negative energy like it's a bad thing. This is incorrect, positive and negative do not equal good and bad or darkness or light.

I understand these are the tools and failings of our language and cultures but it might help to get your point across without using 'negative' with the meaning of bad/evil.

People attack and become ignorant to what they do not or choose not to understand. It is a fear of the unknown and a fear of what has been pushed upon us to fear.
The truth is that these things they fear have a place within and without, no need to attack what you fear if it doesn't attack you right?
Hmmm speaks volumes of what our collective childhoods are repressed with.
Much love to all going through strife, I assure you this pain blossoms if you allowed it instead of repressing it. We've done enough as children, now is the time to look within not without.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117188 on: November 06, 2019, 03:22:22 pm »

I woke up way too early and had an open 40 nearby. Eventually I decided not to let it go bad. Unfortunately rather than helping me "cope" with all these recent feelings, it's kinda magnifying them. Which really doesn't surprise me, this was an awful idea.

People I know are experiencing more stress than even before, and I'm doing my best but I almost gave up on today because I spent an hour looking for my car key in my disregarded mess I call a room.

It was in my car door from when i tried to lock it last night, but my housemate desperately needed help with his *continuing* attempts to fix his car himself.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117189 on: November 06, 2019, 03:25:09 pm »

Apparently I missed some stuff.

Anti depressants are fine, they are prescribed in order to treat an illness. While most depressions have their base in concrete circumstance or trauma, you can't really work on those factors if you're chained down by clinical depression. The idea is to take the meds if you need them, which gets you functioning up to a level where you can work on removing the cause of your depression.

This is a huge oversimplification, of course, but that's the working principle.

While i don't judge people who turn to alternative means of treatment, they often end up seeing the treatment as the end goal. That is to be avoided. The point is to try and take steps to remove the impetus behind depression, not juice up until it doesn't bother you for the next few hours. The (very false) idea that recovery isn't possible is one of the most insidious things that depression can use to fuel itself.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117190 on: November 06, 2019, 03:44:37 pm »

People attack and become ignorant to what they do not or choose not to understand. It is a fear of the unknown and a fear of what has been pushed upon us to fear.

Oh get off the high horse. Trying to influence people to get off their psych meds of any type is dangerous and has a good chance of backfiring. It's nothing to do with being ignorant to say that a teenager on the internet isn't a good source of that advice.

Some people react badly to SSRIs, so it's bad to give out that advice to take SSRIs randomly. That's at least theoretically bad advice, but at least they'd have to go see a doctor to get anywhere with it.

But overall, people on SSRIs have better outcomes. Only small percentage have adverse outcomes. If you tell someone to stop, then statistically speaking, that's bad advice.

And telling people to stop their meds is something they can do without any doctor intervening. So it's bad advice which is easily followed, which puts it in the "dangerous" category of advice. You're basically promoting the idea of ignoring their doctor's advice.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 03:54:17 pm by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117191 on: November 06, 2019, 04:08:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117192 on: November 06, 2019, 04:24:12 pm »

Psychiatrists aren't exactly infallible, anyway. The last one I spoke to was bizarrely okay with my alcohol abuse but had an attitude to cannabis that was straight outta the 1930s.   

@Rolan: I envy you for your beer breakfast (and the fact that your country sells 40s!), but why were you trying to lock your car?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #117193 on: November 06, 2019, 04:29:11 pm »

Considering we're all on a forum about a video game of insane and angry dwarves trying to survive day to day life, perhaps exactly 0 people here are qualified/well-adjusted enough to give pertinent pharmaceutical opinions or advice.

Ask your doctor if medical advice from bay12 is right for you!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117194 on: November 06, 2019, 04:36:19 pm »

Considering we're all on a forum about a video game of insane and angry dwarves trying to survive day to day life, perhaps exactly 0 people here are qualified/well-adjusted enough to give pertinent pharmaceutical opinions or advice.

Ask your doctor if medical advice from bay12 is right for you!
Your doctor will run screaming out the office!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7811 7812 [7813] 7814 7815 ... 8153