Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7812 7813 [7814] 7815 7816 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8575708 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117195 on: November 06, 2019, 04:36:56 pm »

You pretty much summed it up. ^.^
The energy people expend raging at others for offering advice would be much better spent reminding folks not to trust medical advice from half-crazed internet strangers.
Let alone half-crazed internet strangers from around here...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117196 on: November 06, 2019, 04:48:01 pm »

I would rather not mention my age and living situation alas my age is not that of a teenager or child as multiple people have assumed.
Continue your assumptions with more assumptions, because it says plenty about who we are.

Who ever said the doctor knows best, oftentimes they give things out until something 'works' while having no clue to why it works. Is that good practice? Of course it is practice, not something they know will work, I would much prefer to find something myself and understand my processes instead of allowing a person to play with my mind and then wait for an outcome that is beneficial or just masks my problems. Problems developed as a child and teenager due to these mindsets of societies.
Sure accuse me of suggesting a natural approach to self care. Don't accuse these doctors though. They know what they are doing right?
It goes deeper beyond this mindset though.

I've obviously offended some of you in this discussion yet I never intended it and I would rather not offend anyone anymore. So I will step aside and leave it.
Thanks for the excitement

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #117197 on: November 06, 2019, 05:00:11 pm »

Forgive me, but I gotta do it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*runs away*
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117198 on: November 06, 2019, 05:01:30 pm »

@Rolan: I envy you for your beer breakfast (and the fact that your country sells 40s!), but why were you trying to lock your car?
I live in a fairly decent area of a somewhat tricky city :P
And while my change has gone unmolested, recently I've been keeping something a little more valuable in there (I keep meaning to deliver it but... I'm so relieved to get home I keep forgetting).

It's hidden under a bunch of electronic scrap and shattered glass shards, but it's still worth locking. Leaving the key in the lock... I'm worried about me.

Even though it was a "safe" amount... that's just not something I do before driving. Everything has felt so surreal lately and that's terrifying because the real world is very concrete, even if I have trouble perceiving it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117199 on: November 06, 2019, 05:04:17 pm »

Doctors spend many years studying how medicines work, well, doctors diagnose what's wrong and the pharmacists study why and how drugs work the way they do. There is a reason why pharmacists are in charge of various drugs, they spent time studying the reactions of drugs with other drugs so that what they perscribe is not harmful to the patients. Yes, humans can be fallable, but collective knowledge is a good way of determining what is helpful or not. Those that work in their fields have spent years, possibly decades, learning about these things.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117200 on: November 06, 2019, 06:23:23 pm »

Years of study of sciences that stem from times of alchemy and magik filtering through industrial revolution and need for compliant workforce, demonised the centuries perhaps millennia of hallucinogenic use?
Where does the time that spans multiple lives and generations lie? Is that to be forgotten and shunned because of the cultural deconstruction it fosters? Nothing wrong with calling bullshit on the rhetoric of society? Of course it is shunned because we fear the unknown. Lack of control. How can we be in control in the first place though. We are not and any thought that we are in control is a joke. In knowing this then what is so wrong with surrendering to your lack of control and going with the flow?

Imagine if raw electricity had the thought of trying to control itself?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117201 on: November 06, 2019, 06:40:16 pm »

Years of study of sciences that stem from times of alchemy and magik filtering through industrial revolution and need for compliant workforce, demonised the centuries perhaps millennia of hallucinogenic use?
Where does the time that spans multiple lives and generations lie? Is that to be forgotten and shunned because of the cultural deconstruction it fosters? Nothing wrong with calling bullshit on the rhetoric of society? Of course it is shunned because we fear the unknown. Lack of control. How can we be in control in the first place though. We are not and any thought that we are in control is a joke. In knowing this then what is so wrong with surrendering to your lack of control and going with the flow?

Imagine if raw electricity had the thought of trying to control itself?
Science is about learning the rules of the reality we find ourselves in. The applications of this knowledge can vary. We use what we learn from experimentation to determine what works and what doesn’t. I don’t remember saying that we were in control.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117202 on: November 06, 2019, 06:48:33 pm »

I SWEAR this guy has already been around here but under another name..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Wizard of Manaia

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmm lignin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117203 on: November 06, 2019, 06:49:28 pm »

The reason is I never quoted because I'm not speaking singularly. Sure can be confusing.
I've never changed my name. I made this account with this name

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117204 on: November 06, 2019, 07:30:06 pm »

The accusation here is that you created a new account after the prior got banned

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117205 on: November 07, 2019, 08:31:56 am »

It's 6AM, I can't sleep and I'm bored out of my mind. All I can do is wait for tomorrow and worry about everything.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117206 on: November 07, 2019, 09:06:04 am »

Doctors spend many years studying how medicines work, well, doctors diagnose what's wrong and the pharmacists study why and how drugs work the way they do. There is a reason why pharmacists are in charge of various drugs, they spent time studying the reactions of drugs with other drugs so that what they perscribe is not harmful to the patients. Yes, humans can be fallable, but collective knowledge is a good way of determining what is helpful or not. Those that work in their fields have spent years, possibly decades, learning about these things.

Nah, I've worked for very large hospitals. Doctors spend many years being taught they know best, even though they know 10% more than the average person about medicine. Nurses (the ones who do actual work) do know a lot, even though it's learned through experience, which can create false positives.

Biochemists who make the medicines know what they're doing, but that information gets removed by marketing, because it's marketing's job to ruin everything.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117207 on: November 07, 2019, 09:10:12 am »

Nah, I've worked for very large hospitals. Doctors spend many years being taught they know best, even though they know 10% more than the average person about medicine. Nurses (the ones who do actual work) do know a lot, even though it's learned through experience, which can create false positives.

Biochemists who make the medicines know what they're doing, but that information gets removed by marketing, because it's marketing's job to ruin everything.
Wouldn’t nurses and doctors learn from the biochemists what things do? It makes no sense that they wouldn’t learn about what drugs do to the body. I was wrong to assume things made sense. Thank you for the clarification. Clearly thinking that doctors learned biochemistry was a mistake on my end. Why would marketing get rid of information about the product? Ah, yes, people tend to prefer simplicity over complexity, even when complexity would yield more information.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117208 on: November 07, 2019, 09:13:51 am »

Nah, I've worked for very large hospitals. Doctors spend many years being taught they know best, even though they know 10% more than the average person about medicine.

Ahahaha. What. Are doctors always as competent as they should be? No, no they are not. Would I rather be treated by a doctor than a layman? Yes, yes, ten thousands times yes. Far more than 10% yes. Unless you'd like for me to prescribe your medications? Maybe I can help you with some surgery? I've never tried it before, but it can't be that hard if a doctor only knows 10% more about it than me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117209 on: November 07, 2019, 09:19:17 am »

Nah, I've worked for very large hospitals. Doctors spend many years being taught they know best, even though they know 10% more than the average person about medicine.

Ahahaha. What. Are doctors always as competent as they should be? No, no they are not. Would I rather be treated by a doctor than a layman? Yes, yes, ten thousands times yes. Far more than 10% yes. Unless you'd like for me to prescribe your medications? Maybe I can help you with some surgery? I've never tried it before, but it can't be that hard if a doctor only knows 10% more about it than me.
These are fair points, I think the point is they are not perfect. I agree that I’d rather get treated by doctors than laymen. Doctors do the diagnoses while nurses do the care based on the diagnosis. Biochemists study the effects of various chemicals in the body, so that we know what they do and which drugs treat what conditions. Everyone needs each other. No one knows everything. That is the point I got from this. I don’t think he said doctors are bad, just that they don’t do what people tend to think they do.
Pages: 1 ... 7812 7813 [7814] 7815 7816 ... 8156