Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7826 7827 [7828] 7829 7830 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474399 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117405 on: December 09, 2019, 11:28:59 pm »

Well, first don't look into the sun. You are in a dark place rigth  now and trust me I can relate. You'll make it through for sure. Is there anything we, or I could do besides moral support?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117406 on: December 09, 2019, 11:43:06 pm »

I went to a local community college for career counseling, and while I was waiting for the counselor I got planted planted in front of a computer and asked to do a questionnaire for interests, personality fit, aptitude, stuff like that; in order to recommend potential careers. The entire questionnaire program felt excruciatingly naive, enough to make me feel childish just for being there.
The thought going through my head was something like "Oh? Trying to repair your fucked up life right at the last possible moment? Not in this era! You should've been on the road to success when you were still a teen, trying to start right now... good luck! And no, it doesn't matter that you had a shitty start to life, that's just how the cards were dealt, too bad!"

Though the counselor finally got to me, put a more positive spin on things, just a great guy all around. I got some serious homework to do, in order to figure out what classes I want to take, though I still don't know what I want to do. Feels like I wasted a whole year trying to get into the military (still pissed off about that) and now I'm even further behind. I just want my real life to start already, before I die.
TBQH I remember my career councilor back in college was a complete dunderhead who understood almost nothing about how actual job hunting worked.  Way wayyy too idealist about things.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117407 on: December 10, 2019, 02:14:06 am »

I can't decide whether this song or this song is more relevant.
The second one is probably a bit more appropriate... also maybe either encouraging or depressing, depending on one's worldview.

In any case, hang in there, IINL. And the rest of y'all.

My most recent Sad (a very minor one, but there is no longer a thread for that): I just discovered Shakedown: Hawaii, made by the devs of Retro City Rampage. I rushed to Steam to wishlist it, only to discover its release date was TBD - no big deal, right? Not like I have cash to spare right now, anyway.
But after some brief googling I learned the awful truth: it is, in fact, released - but on the Epic store.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117408 on: December 10, 2019, 12:42:54 pm »

What do you think real life is?

I suppose something that qualifies as an achieving or productive life: Having a family. Doing something great. Having a job that gives you a sense of success and direction and progression. Being a pillar of a community.

You refer to this as real life, but how many people do you think manage these things? How many people manage these things at your age, too?

Would you like your life to consist of all these things, or would any one be good enough?

Those things I listed are honestly way too vague, but buckle up cause I'm about to get vaguer. I suppose what I want is a real moment that retroactively validates all the wasted life and bullshit I've lived through up to this point, that just makes me say "Yes, it was all worth it, being alive was worth it."

Though now I'm just dwelling on nothing, so I'll just shut up about it and retreat into my hidey-hole.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117409 on: December 10, 2019, 01:28:43 pm »

Odo died ;-;

Are we sure it was him, and not just someone he looked like?

The second one is probably a bit more appropriate... also maybe either encouraging or depressing, depending on one's worldview.

My most recent Sad (a very minor one, but there is no longer a thread for that): I just discovered Shakedown: Hawaii, made by the devs of Retro City Rampage. I rushed to Steam to wishlist it, only to discover its release date was TBD - no big deal, right? Not like I have cash to spare right now, anyway.
But after some brief googling I learned the awful truth: it is, in fact, released - but on the Epic store.   

It'll be available elsewhere in ~a year. Can't blame game devs (notoriously underpaid) for taking money from whoever is actually offering it; especially now that Valve has killed off Greenlight.

Also, sure Epic are the bad guys, but so are Valve, and Project Red, and...it would be shorter to list the names of companies who aren't using their money to destroy people's lives.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 01:32:39 pm by Iduno »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117410 on: December 10, 2019, 02:38:13 pm »

Odo died ;-;

that's pretty funny tho
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117411 on: December 10, 2019, 02:55:03 pm »

Also, sure Epic are the bad guys, but so are Valve, and Project Red, and...it would be shorter to list the names of companies who aren't using their money to destroy people's lives.

Itch!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117412 on: December 10, 2019, 02:58:27 pm »

Itch!

Epic are the least good bad guys tho. Like today, I mean, until we find out Steam has been gathering our data to clone us into subservient cyborgs or something.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117413 on: December 10, 2019, 03:18:26 pm »

I don't really care about the evilness or lack thereof of different gaming platforms (I only reluctantly started using Steam in the first place all those years ago), Epic is just less convenient for me.

Heck, if I tried installing a second DRM shitfest on my laptop it would probably conk out the moment I tried to run a game on either. :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117414 on: December 10, 2019, 03:22:38 pm »

Odo died ;-;

It'll be available elsewhere in ~a year. Can't blame game devs (notoriously underpaid) for taking money from whoever is actually offering it; especially now that Valve has killed off Greenlight.

How do they destroy people’s lives? I thought they kept the money as profit?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117415 on: December 10, 2019, 03:30:51 pm »

Epic is using very aggressive business practices, which TBH I think kinda brush into disloyal competition territory. I can see why they do it, I mean, Steam has a quasi-monopoly on the market, which is a big problem in itself. But I'm mistrustful because this kind of thing tends to be unsustainable in the long term, so I'm kind of avoiding them as unreliable.
Other than that I have no problem with more competition. Indeed, Steam's control of the market is troubling
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117416 on: December 10, 2019, 03:44:18 pm »

Did they finally implement a shopping cart yet
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #117417 on: December 10, 2019, 09:54:09 pm »

I think I hate how I look 😌

Kind of a strange opener but I was flirting w a friend over Snapchat (I don't really flirt over the phone often) and she asked me to take a picture of my teeth, cause I went to the dentist today. I went to take a picture and about 20 minutes and a stack of imaginary digital photos of my face later I was struck by how much I hate my face! I hate every possible angle light is captured from my face. It's wierd cause I'm pretty sure I don't have image problems, I just genuinely wanted a good picture and could not get it. Then again if I did it sounds very much like me to bury it deep so that I don't have to think about it except for acute moments like this where I'm struck deaf and dumb by how dang bad I look on camera.

Having typed that out I'm gonna chalk this one up to brain goblins. I've taken pictures before that turned out well and I know for a fact I don't look ugly to most people, so conciously I'm pretty cool with my body. No fucking clue what my brain is doing atm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117418 on: December 10, 2019, 09:57:32 pm »

Having typed that out I'm gonna chalk this one up to brain goblins.

Everyone goes through this sometimes. It's probably more normal to be overly self-critical while flirting. Everyone gets antsy when you think you're under that kind of romantic scrutiny :3

Don't worry about it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117419 on: December 10, 2019, 10:46:39 pm »

How would one take flattering pictures of teeth anyway
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 7826 7827 [7828] 7829 7830 ... 8153