Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7830 7831 [7832] 7833 7834 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8555774 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117465 on: December 16, 2019, 03:10:35 pm »

I just don't enjoy anything anymore.

So didn't I. Luckily, it went off after some time. I hate that feeling, but patience seems to be the cure.

Wish you'll enjoy life again. You're not alone in this.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117466 on: December 16, 2019, 06:24:26 pm »

My cure is forcing myself to go do something.  I use the gym as a metric, even though it hasnt always worked for me, because it is so generic.

Just keep active, and keep forcing yourself to do things.  Try to find that thing that makes you feel better, or at least less bent out of shape.  And keep doing it.  Try to keep some schedule for it too, so that you always do it, and you always keep track of the time of day and day of the week.

Schedules are one of the more underrated ways to help you out of a rutt.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117467 on: December 16, 2019, 11:46:02 pm »

Of course if you're able to do something, do something, but there were times when I even hadn't the strength to force me into doing something. Hope you're not feeling that bad...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117468 on: December 17, 2019, 01:28:25 am »

An extra treatment has been added on last minute, 15 days of radiation in a row.
I just don't enjoy anything anymore.
I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Can't I just suffer enough for everyone all at once?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117469 on: December 17, 2019, 01:34:44 am »

winter triggers depression in many people.

Seasonal Affective Disorder.  Its a thing.  Lack of quality sunlight is a major conributing factor.  making your home wamer and brighter, with empasis on specific colors can help.  staying active and avoiding being shut-in helps as wel.  Dont forget to soicialize and have fun, even when its colder than a witch's tit outside.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117470 on: December 17, 2019, 04:09:38 am »

I never allow myself to succeed.

What I mean by that, is that every accomplishment I achieve is immediately discounted as either not having happened or being worthless and not really an accomplishment at all. Every failure of course gets religiously recorded and cataloged, to be remembered and referenced for all time, but getting something right just gets brushed under the rug.

Working out is a constant stream of failures as I'm always frustrated with not being better than I already am, but the progress I have made doesn't exist to me. To me, I'm at exactly the same place I was back when I started, barely being able to pull a single row at 40kg, as now when I'm doing sets at 60+. And the bodily changes of course haven't happened either, even though I notice my shirts fit differently now and I've received comments from people on the difference.

Things like making a more involved dinner for myself or cleaning the apartment, things I do really struggle with, get utterly discounted as not even hitting the minimum of being noteworthy. Nothing I do has any worth or value, except negative value when I fuck something up.

I'm not good at anything, not the games I play, not the guitar, not writing, not massage, not even damn beer tasting...

Obviously, I can understand at an intellectual level that I've gotten better at certain things compared to when I first started... But that never really sinks in. It's a purely theoretical concept, I never feel it. How am I supposed to find the will to do something if I always feel that the only result is just going to be a different kind of failure, rather than any actual success?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117471 on: December 17, 2019, 05:13:28 am »

Heave you read anything about the fixed vs growth mindset?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117472 on: December 17, 2019, 09:19:11 am »

What I mean by that, is that every accomplishment I achieve is immediately discounted as either not having happened or being worthless and not really an accomplishment at all. Every failure of course gets religiously recorded and cataloged, to be remembered and referenced for all time, but getting something right just gets brushed under the rug.

Working out is a constant stream of failures as I'm always frustrated with not being better than I already am, but the progress I have made doesn't exist to me. To me, I'm at exactly the same place I was back when I started, barely being able to pull a single row at 40kg, as now when I'm doing sets at 60+. And the bodily changes of course haven't happened either, even though I notice my shirts fit differently now and I've received comments from people on the difference.

Things like making a more involved dinner for myself or cleaning the apartment, things I do really struggle with, get utterly discounted as not even hitting the minimum of being noteworthy. Nothing I do has any worth or value, except negative value when I fuck something up.

I'm not good at anything, not the games I play, not the guitar, not writing, not massage, not even damn beer tasting...

Obviously, I can understand at an intellectual level that I've gotten better at certain things compared to when I first started... But that never really sinks in. It's a purely theoretical concept, I never feel it. How am I supposed to find the will to do something if I always feel that the only result is just going to be a different kind of failure, rather than any actual success?

Maria Bamford has some advice for you. Just the first few seconds.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117473 on: December 17, 2019, 09:22:49 am »

Maria Bamford has some advice for you. Just the first few seconds.
Arnold Schwarzenegger has some better advice
https://youtu.be/Oo9buo9Mtos
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117474 on: December 18, 2019, 05:25:39 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117475 on: December 18, 2019, 05:28:50 pm »

Ah, yes. Emotions. I remember having those. (I don't)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117476 on: December 18, 2019, 05:36:50 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:16 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117477 on: December 19, 2019, 06:05:18 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117478 on: December 19, 2019, 07:50:06 pm »

I don't find fun in anything. Doing anything other than lay in bed and feel sad is a chore.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117479 on: December 19, 2019, 10:28:59 pm »

I don't find fun in anything. Doing anything other than lay in bed and feel sad is a chore.
so go do chores.  Go make a lunch, take a shower, clean your bathroom, and then wash your clothes.  So that you have more time to mope.

You've gotta keep moving or you'll find it harder and harder to start again.  You could also disallow yourself from laying in your bed unless you are sleeping.  Depriving yourself of your primary comfort zone is a good way to build up a discontent with your current situation.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 7830 7831 [7832] 7833 7834 ... 8155