Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7832 7833 [7834] 7835 7836 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8822764 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117495 on: December 23, 2019, 10:23:06 am »

Yeah I might be reaching.  The sheer amount I was drinking, though, makes it hard to imagine I'd escape any physical effects.  My hands are trembling slightly but it could just be normal stress...

I was guarding my Gma last night and sure enough, she imagined someone calling her to breakfast at 5AM again.  This interrupted a very odd dream of being a cyborg undergoing maintenance.  I can still feel the ratchet up inside my elbow, tightening a bolt.  That part was almost pleasant, but there were evil cyborgs infiltrating the colony, and I distinctly saw one crawling into an airvent... after waking up.  I knew it wasn't real, of course, just a shadow.

At breakfast I got so tired of making small-talk with Gma's friends, when Gma couldn't hear any of us without me shouting in her ear.  Hence me tiredly quipping "yeah i run a gay bunkhouse" in old-person talk (the "confirmed bachelor" bit I posted in the Laugh thread).  It really did raise my mood, but... jeez.

[Edit2: SNOP]

and then Christmas its fucking self
i fucking hate christmas, i hate this season, i hate my bio-family, and i hate myself

I don't particularly feel like drinking, though.  I need all my faculties to deal with this horseshit.

Edit:  Okay I don't actually hate my bio-family.  I do hate feeling angry.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 12:36:26 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117496 on: December 23, 2019, 12:16:32 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117497 on: December 23, 2019, 12:34:47 pm »

Yeah I wouldn't care so much if I didn't love them. It's all the stress I hate. It's not even that they're "bad", it's normal drama.

I just have trouble dealing with it sometimes, and trying to fake cheer really doesn't help.

I feel a whole lot better now, I needed to say that stuff (and now hide some of it, because several RL people know my username).

Edit: It feels really good to be remembered as caring about/after my family, actually. Thanks (:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:06:22 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #117498 on: December 24, 2019, 12:03:00 pm »

Non-cracked tablet decided to keel over more or less dead. Near as I can tell from its behavior and what folks are saying online, the most likely cause is the display cable inside it basically melting, due to some galaxy brained designer deciding directly over the battery was a good place to put it.

Warranty for the thing dies in two days, too. I'm not saying planned obsolescence but it smells a lot like planned obsolescence. Either way I'm out a tablet whose screen doesn't look like modern art :-\

Guess I'll be shopping for a new tablet. Not, uh. Not Lenovo again. It was pretty nice while it lasted but I ain't giving more money to folks that apparently can't make a device last a full year.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117499 on: December 24, 2019, 02:44:08 pm »

But warranty?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #117500 on: December 24, 2019, 02:58:37 pm »

Expires in less than 48 hours, and it looks like they count from arrival, not something else. I.e. there's no way to get anything out of it before it expires. Short of spending however much to extend the warranty, and... no. If nothing but regular usage is going to drop one of their devices in a year's time, I they ain't getting no more of my dosh. New tablet isn't cheap, but it isn't super expensive, either.
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117501 on: December 24, 2019, 03:15:10 pm »

Expires in less than 48 hours

Sounds like the premise of a hijinksy Christmas comedy to me!
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117502 on: December 24, 2019, 03:18:01 pm »

I always dislike this time of year. Too much going on, too much to do, everyone gets stressed, too many people around. I just want to curl up somewhere warm and forget about existing for a while and come out when everything's normal again.

I've been noticing my thoughts straying to the undiscovered country lately. Death has never been far from my mind since I was a teenager to be honest, but more and more often I find myself unsure why I'm still around. Everything feels quite pointless, but that includes dying. I kind of wish I could just be turned off and kept in a box or something and only get brought back out for a few occasions each year.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117503 on: December 24, 2019, 07:42:40 pm »

Merry Christmas, please shoot me. 

Edit:
I kind of wish I could just be turned off and kept in a box or something and only get brought back out for a few occasions each year.
Long have I dreamt of such an option. The constant struggling and striving for no benefit other than prolonging this life I don't enjoy anyway is tiresome indeed.

At this point, if the whole "what superpower would you choose" hypothetical somehow became reality, I'd probably just go with the ability to hibernate, to enter into a prolonged or indefinite torpor with my needs put on hold until I feel ready to face the world and deal with all its bullshit once again.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I feel ya.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 07:47:09 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117504 on: December 26, 2019, 12:21:14 pm »

Finally, I should probably amend my last post: hibernation abilities would be cool and all, but I reckon some kind of laser eyes would still be the way to go.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117505 on: December 26, 2019, 01:05:23 pm »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #117506 on: December 26, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »

Not for me it wasn't :-\
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117507 on: December 28, 2019, 09:25:15 pm »

-.-
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 08:14:34 am by dragdeler »
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #117508 on: December 29, 2019, 07:22:03 am »

The store next to the one I work caught on fire. There were no casualties and no damage to us or any other building thankfully but we couldn’t open for business.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117509 on: December 30, 2019, 03:59:01 am »

My inner circle of friends is threatening to come apart at the seams and I'm partly responsible.
Pages: 1 ... 7832 7833 [7834] 7835 7836 ... 8157