Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7833 7834 [7835] 7836 7837 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8564928 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117510 on: December 30, 2019, 10:54:27 am »

The store next to the one I work caught on fire. There were no casualties and no damage to us or any other building thankfully but we couldn’t open for business.

Keep trying, you'll get the right one.

My inner circle of friends is threatening to come apart at the seams and I'm partly responsible.

Eh, in those situations, there's always plenty of blame to go around. If you aren't one of the people who might leave the group or directly make them leave, you're not really at fault.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117511 on: December 30, 2019, 11:58:56 am »

So, I got dumped off my insurance because my HR kindly forgot to pay them. I'm only out of insurance for 2 days, but I'm out of pain meds, and they're $255 for an 11 day supply, which I cannot afford.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117512 on: December 30, 2019, 12:10:49 pm »

So, I got dumped off my insurance because my HR kindly forgot to pay them. I'm only out of insurance for 2 days, but I'm out of pain meds, and they're $255 for an 11 day supply, which I cannot afford.
Sounds like your company owes you $255.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117513 on: December 30, 2019, 12:20:33 pm »

I agree.
Love, scriver~

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #117514 on: December 30, 2019, 01:17:39 pm »

The store next to the one I work caught on fire. There were no casualties and no damage to us or any other building thankfully but we couldn’t open for business.

Nah, I like my job and contrary to the popular opinion about working in retail sales, I like it more during the holiday seasons. Time flies faster when you have something to do :)
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117515 on: December 30, 2019, 03:03:25 pm »

Nah, I like my job and contrary to the popular opinion about working in retail sales, I like it more during the holiday seasons. Time flies faster when you have something to do :)

Ah, you're deaf, and can't hear the 2 songs they have playing on repeat 25 hours/day?  :)

Yeah, and I'm sure they'll pay up. It's the right thing to do, so why wouldn't they? [/s]

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117516 on: December 30, 2019, 03:57:01 pm »

Honestly aside from companies being remarkably shitty to their employees, I also enjoyed working holiday retail. It was engaging.

I'm sort of very physically large so I got less shit from Karens, that probably has something to do with it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117517 on: December 30, 2019, 04:53:40 pm »

Apparently Syd Mead died :C

Dude was a goddamn instrumental part of shaping sci-fi visuals, hell, some of his influences are still seen today as his work inspired countless artists to actually do art, beyond that, stuff like Blade Runner having an effect on the way concept art itself is still made and approached by many is incredible.

Truly a loss for the art and entertainment worlds, because even without having made anything major in the recent years, his feedback and opinions still shaped many artworks of many people looking up to him.

f
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117518 on: December 30, 2019, 05:03:36 pm »

I don't wanna sit through another year of this shit. 
I have no goals to speak of. Maybe I should try some new medication in the new year? I don't know that sounds like a lot of work.
Also I don't even know where I'm gonna live. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117519 on: December 30, 2019, 06:33:01 pm »

Ha, I fucking wish. No, instead they blamed ME for not paying it, because "our disabled employees get paid by a third party and have to backflip through x flaming hoops ass-first to keep benefits and also you have to pay it out of your own pocket because we're no longer deducting it. BTW, here's the website for that that you didn't initially get."

I really, really wish the state would stop taking their sweet-ass time and just get on with declaring me disabled and put me on Medicaid, SNAP, cash assistance, and all that jazz. It would really help.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:34:44 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117520 on: December 31, 2019, 08:49:06 am »

I don't wanna sit through another year of this shit. 
I have no goals to speak of. Maybe I should try some new medication in the new year? I don't know that sounds like a lot of work.
Also I don't even know where I'm gonna live. >.>

Man, it sounds like you got 2 goals right there.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117521 on: December 31, 2019, 09:42:54 am »

They pay disability through a third party? That's some wierd shit. :( Hope you can manage.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117522 on: December 31, 2019, 01:26:54 pm »

They pay disability through a third party? That's some wierd shit. :( Hope you can manage.
Yeah, I get the actual pay through an insurance company, and it's only 70% of my salary (and I can't make bonuses from the couch, so I'm out a lot of money there. Between $1500 and $2100 a month, which is double or more of my base pay.)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117523 on: December 31, 2019, 03:05:33 pm »

Of course I had to get the flu today.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117524 on: December 31, 2019, 07:19:53 pm »

Of course I had to get the flu today.
Stay hydrated, stay safe. *Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 7833 7834 [7835] 7836 7837 ... 8155