Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7840 7841 [7842] 7843 7844 ... 7857

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 5123523 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117615 on: February 18, 2020, 07:46:23 am »

My guess would be that he liked her, and in his attraction acted very awkwardly which he interpreted as being mean/annoying to her.

That's about right. I was as socially retarded as you could possibly be. The biggest achievement of my last decade of living is being able to hold a conversation, and even be able to joke around in a perfectly casual way, sometimes even with some spontaneity and eloquence. Even though it was a long time ago now, even though technically no harm was done, I still feel guilty for how uncomfortable I made her. It was a social crime that went unpunished, and I've been craving either punishment or vindication ever since; but of course noone has the authority to do that. My interaction with every woman since has been hindered by the constant fear that I'm doing something creepy or intimidating that could possibly make her uncomfortable; I never want to be seen as a creep again.

I'm hoping that my future joblessness will finally give me the opportunity to develop myself that last little bit, become the kind of normal/non-autistic man I want to be, and I'll have buried my past for good.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117616 on: February 18, 2020, 08:03:34 am »

If it helps, most folks legitimately don't remember shit like that. It's just us emotionally damaged badboys out here flogging ourselves over what body language we used in a conversation 10+ years ago.

I've come to understand this by being a masochist who searched up such wronged individuals and apologized for the behavior I exhibited back in the day. They had no clue what I was even talking about.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117617 on: February 18, 2020, 09:37:25 am »

In a chair of poo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just looking at that picture makes my shitty knees hurt.

No, in a cat corpse drone.

What

Go look it up. "Cat corpse drone." It's a thing.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #117618 on: February 18, 2020, 05:25:27 pm »

In a chair of poo.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just looking at that picture makes my shitty knees hurt.

No, in a cat corpse drone.

What

Go look it up. "Cat corpse drone." It's a thing.

Wait a minute, I know what that is. The pioneering invention of engineer taxidermy
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #117619 on: February 18, 2020, 05:29:05 pm »

My guess would be that he liked her, and in his attraction acted very awkwardly which he interpreted as being mean/annoying to her.

Ain't that familiar.
The person in question does not, apparently, hate my guts though, so that's nice.
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117620 on: February 18, 2020, 05:59:46 pm »

I could swore Josh was gay. Dunno why? Maybe I'm misremembering something?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117621 on: February 18, 2020, 06:09:50 pm »

You've probably been spending too much time near me and my posts; I seem to have a way of jamming people's gaydars.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a Pathos alt
    • View Profile
« Reply #117622 on: February 18, 2020, 06:36:18 pm »

You've probably been spending too much time near me and my posts; I seem to have a way of jamming people's gaydars.

They better keep you away from this hypothetical submarine.
 - NRDL
- Gatleos

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117623 on: February 22, 2020, 11:21:59 am »

The number of embarrassing errors and omissions in some of my company's products is weighing on me.  I mean, do I have too high a bar to not expect basic things to be done correctly?

(And no, I do not work for Boeing - that would be even worse embarrassment.)

EDIT: Dangit, now my sink disposal is leaking.  Not how I wanted to spend $100...  Also I hate the internet. Nobody carries things in stock any more.  I feel dirty, but I ordered a replacement from Amazon because it would arrive Monday.  Lowe's  couldn't have it until the 28th.  WTF?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:03:33 pm by McTraveller »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117624 on: February 22, 2020, 07:20:52 pm »

EDIT: Dangit, now my sink disposal is leaking.

Protip, it stops leaking if you stop using that side of the sink. Hopefully you have 2+. I know because my slumlord won't fix shit (partly because no portion of the building is up to code, but mostly because they're shitty people).

Edit: Oh yeah, and I need an Amazon account to get my mail now.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Mala

• Bay Watcher
  • Spoopy time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117625 on: February 22, 2020, 09:15:38 pm »

Got my car back from the mechanic. They told me the thing's a piece of junk and not worth the cost of fixing it.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117626 on: February 23, 2020, 12:31:02 am »

why? Is there not a post office?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr Harr Fiddldy Dee
    • View Profile
« Reply #117627 on: February 23, 2020, 01:19:02 am »

Got my car back from the mechanic. They told me the thing's a piece of junk and not worth the cost of fixing it.
Every car Ive ever owned has been 'a car Im going to drive into the ground' and subject to a pro/con list as to what I fix.  The heat only turns on when the car is hot, I have some dings on the rear end, the windshield fluid sometimes works, and my remote starter died a few months ago and it needs a dealer-exclusive tool to fix.  The passanger window slipped its alignment, it has a small oil leak, and a smaller antifreeze leak, but otherwise is a pretty solid gitup.  After I replaced the brakepads, got 2 new tires, replaced the battery and some wiring, and that ceiling cloth is stapled on in various places.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117628 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:00 am »

Yes, but they deliver to an Amazon delivery center at my apartments.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117629 on: February 23, 2020, 11:35:32 am »

Yes, but they deliver to an Amazon delivery center at my apartments.
why not just deliver to you? Going through a middleman seems like an unnecessary step
Pages: 1 ... 7840 7841 [7842] 7843 7844 ... 7857