Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7851 7852 [7853] 7854 7855 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8566521 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117780 on: February 04, 2020, 03:24:38 pm »

Earlier I was going to comment on your work situation drag but was busy supervising some construction (free of mobsters this time!!!) and couldn't. Dude which kind of bussines is that? First thought I had is maybe try to explore work options?

The new supervisor seems like a leveled person unaware of the awful environment but if he's good at his work he'll figure it out by his own in no time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117781 on: February 04, 2020, 04:28:07 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:26 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117782 on: February 05, 2020, 02:20:19 pm »

So bloody stressed. I now have two days in which to finish packing. Naturally, in a time like this when I have such important, pressing stuff to do, productivity is at an all-time low and I have gotten back into DF.

I still haven't even decided where I'm moving to out of the various options available to me.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117783 on: February 05, 2020, 02:32:19 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:32 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117784 on: February 05, 2020, 03:01:50 pm »

hey hey woah there buddy you startled me *throws away graffiti can*

you're moving because of the fires or...?

Witness protection.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117785 on: February 05, 2020, 03:09:47 pm »

Witness protection.
Yeah, they'd managed to get away from him, but they won't this time...
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117786 on: February 05, 2020, 03:19:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117787 on: February 05, 2020, 08:14:02 pm »

the fires are under witness protection? go on I like where this goes
Witness protection is referring to the human

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117788 on: February 05, 2020, 11:17:50 pm »

Kirk Douglas just died :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117789 on: February 06, 2020, 12:24:03 am »

Ahh, that's a shame. Guy made a nice Ned Land.
Looks like he lived a good long time, at least.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117790 on: February 06, 2020, 01:40:54 am »

Oh no, nothing like that. My housemates have just decided to move on after being here three years and, seeing as I'm not even on the lease, I've little choice but to find a new home myself. They gave me plenty of notice and all that, it's just kind of my thing to leave stuff to the last minute, especially when I have open, non-time-sensitive options as I do in this case.   

I'm thinking the most sensible option is to just go stay with my Dad (who is driving down to take me and my belongings wherever I decide to go) in rural New South Wales, at least for a while. He has suggested as much, even clarifying that I could just stay for a couple of months if I wanted.
Then I'll be sort-of in between the two other places I'd like to live (Brisbane and Melbourne), so whatever I decide at a later date I could go from there. I dunno... it certainly seems to be the most logical option on paper. Not sure what I would do for work (or lack thereof) in his little town, though, and to get most anywhere I'd either need a lift or to catch a bus, since I don't drive - and who knows how frequent or reliable the buses are up there.
Actually, that's something I should look into now.

Still, I am loathe to leave my social life and the widely-varied, healthy music scenes of Melbourne. Also a good friend very kindly offered to rent me an affordable room just on the other side of the city, which is a pretty amazing opportunity not to take up. And of course I could always move back in with mi madre, who is currently looking to move to a new place herself, but of course whenever I stay with her I lead a horribly sedentary lifestyle and we end up quarreling quite a bit. She has cats and a dog, though, all very cute, so that's a plus.   

Anyway, I'm rambling here. Going to drink this Monster, maybe google those bus times, procrastinate for a bit (always) and then hopefully throw myself back into packing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117791 on: February 06, 2020, 01:42:26 am »

Last I heard fires were over thanks to widespread flooding, but people had to fight crocodriles off their backyards. Is it still so?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117792 on: February 06, 2020, 01:54:04 am »

Last I heard fires were over thanks to widespread flooding, but people had to fight crocodriles off their backyards. Is it still so?
This is the most Australian shit I've ever read.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117793 on: February 06, 2020, 08:05:04 am »

You guys are seriously overestimating the number of people who live in the bush areas. This is like asking a New Yorker if he's moving because of forest fires in Vermont. Yoink is in melbourne as far as I know. Looking at the news, they're talking about a fire near a rural town about 400 km away.

Most of the Australian towns threatened are old timber industry / logging towns, and the reason for the problem is that heavily logged forests are full of debris and don't retain moisture, so they burn really well. The logging regions (not old growth forests) are the epicentres of the huge fires Australia has been having. In other words, we made this. But now the logging companies are trying to cash in, and saying we should log national forests to "reduce the fire risk". Yay capitalism. They fucked it up and now they're coming in saying more of the same is the answer.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:19:09 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117794 on: February 06, 2020, 09:10:34 am »

Well, there was at least one bushfire in Melbourne's outer northern suburbs, Greensborough and such, that I believe fell under the umbrella of the recent fire crisis.

But yeah, the amount of Australia directly threatened by the fires has been greatly exaggerated by the media. I doubt we'll all have to "flee the country by boat" as I've seen some folks joke, haha.
People who've been affected indirectly by the fires, now that's a lot more common. Whether you know people who lost their homes or the smoke and ash affects your breathing (asthma squad represent! Maybe that's part of the reason why mine has been getting worse lately...) or you just weep for the huge loss of native wildlife, well it's pretty common to be affected in some way.

For me personally, I think one of the worst parts was seeing photos of some destroyed town and, amongst the rubble, a beautiful old brick chimney standing as a last reminder of whatever historic building it was attached to. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 7851 7852 [7853] 7854 7855 ... 8156