Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7852 7853 [7854] 7855 7856 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8564783 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117795 on: February 07, 2020, 04:14:24 pm »

I hate seeing abandoned homes.

That was where someone grew up.

I get all sentimental over places I never knew.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #117796 on: February 07, 2020, 06:43:14 pm »

I'm occasionally confronted by what seems to be a fundamental inability on my part to connect with other people on a meaningful level. Even when people tell me their deepest feelings, insecurities, troubles and quandaries, I can't really make them matter to my mind in a way that makes sense, and I haven't yet come across someone who I'm able to do the reverse to. It's like other people are made up of a set of levers that I can pull to cause various reactions to happen, only I can't read any of the labels. It's quite annoying, since I can't get rid of the fundamental need for social interaction and the like I got built with (I've tried, didn't work) but I also can't seem to actually make that connection that my mind tells me to seek.

Looking into some stuff, I may be somewhere on the autism spectrum. It'd make some amount of sense in retrospect.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117797 on: February 07, 2020, 06:54:40 pm »

Honestly, sometimes it feels like half of bay12 is on the spectrum, most undiagnosed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117798 on: February 07, 2020, 06:58:10 pm »

Not me! I'm diagnosedly non diagnosed.

I did show signs, but it was not in his opinion enough to be diagnosed.

I got the impression it had a lot to do with how intense my reactions to knee-malleting was.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117799 on: February 07, 2020, 07:52:17 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:40 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117800 on: February 07, 2020, 08:00:36 pm »

Honestly, sometimes it feels like half of bay12 is on the spectrum, most undiagnosed.

If this weren't a haven non-neurotypicality I'dn't be here and I happen to like you sooooooo:

mitgefangen mitgehangen.
Is that a Flemish mibbys aye mibbys naw?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117801 on: February 07, 2020, 10:05:58 pm »

I have Asperger’s syndrome, one of the effects is having some trouble with in person socialization, but I’m working on it. Also attempted conversations will sometimes cause those I’m conversing with to say that my chosen conversation topic is too complicated/deep. Apparent;y not many people think about what thoughts are, or how machines are somewhat similar to us, or how the brain is a very complicated network of input processes, or what emotions are, or how the human economy, currently requiring humans to work to get money to purchase things, won’t work when machines and AIs will take over jobs, and that if humans are no longer hired, then the legal way of receiving money is gone, how our economy has to adapt, the chemical basis behind emotions, there are probably other things too that I can’t think of right now, these are examples of things I attempted to discuss with people. The to[ic tends to change quickly

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117802 on: February 07, 2020, 11:19:05 pm »

People think about those. They probably aren't that keen on holding single-subject debates on them though.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117803 on: February 07, 2020, 11:39:21 pm »

Buncha tards. Myself included.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117804 on: February 08, 2020, 06:27:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:39:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117805 on: February 08, 2020, 06:56:34 am »

My dad is here and has busted out his guitar, and now my housemate is jamming with him. That's pretty cool and all and I actually feel rather proud to have such a talented father, but I still loathe myself for not playing an instrument.
No real reason not to, either. I'm just useless.   
Should be happy times but instead I'm having a Big Sad.

Best translation I found is: cling together, swing together (from a rope)
Wow, that got dark. Hahaha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117806 on: February 08, 2020, 07:47:05 am »

My dad is here and has busted out his guitar, and now my housemate is jamming with him. That's pretty cool and all and I actually feel rather proud to have such a talented father, but I still loathe myself for not playing an instrument.

You can play the triangle, atleast... Maybe!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117807 on: February 08, 2020, 10:21:00 am »

Or be a world renown "dj", all it takes theses days is a flashdrive.

Or regaetton. That crap seems to actually require lacks on musical talent (and diction, vocabulary and education in general), you just need to look like a fool's attempt to pass as a lowlife mobster and being able to spur sounds (actual words not required, autotunes takes care of it).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 10:22:46 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117808 on: February 08, 2020, 02:49:26 pm »

Dude, you have the perfect opportunity to pick up an instrument. You live in the Age of Information! You want to learn to play something, anything? Hit up YouTube. Want to learn to play guitar or bass? Pick up Rocksmith 2014 for the real-life guitar hero lessons. You don't have to be serious about an instrument or even talented to jam, you just have to pick it up and make noise. Eventually, you'll make some noise that sounds kinda decent, and when you can repeat that, you've become a musician.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117809 on: February 08, 2020, 04:48:40 pm »

Dude, you have the perfect opportunity to pick up an instrument. You live in the Age of Information! You want to learn to play something, anything? Hit up YouTube. Want to learn to play guitar or bass? Pick up Rocksmith 2014 for the real-life guitar hero lessons. You don't have to be serious about an instrument or even talented to jam, you just have to pick it up and make noise. Eventually, you'll make some noise that sounds kinda decent, and when you can repeat that, you've become a musician.

That's right! You know how to get good at something? Do that. Keep doing that.

i am playing piano since young age. But when I was a kid, I didn't care too much. Now that I'm older, I can see the improvement. And I still improve. It's not just about drill, you also need to have passion.

It's two years since I started playing organ. That instrument's glorious, and properly difficult, too. You have to control one hand, other hand, legs, stare at sheet, sing... At the same time. But you can learn that. It's like these dwarves in DF, they're axe lords before you even notice.

It's true that there is a lot of theory when it comes to music, at least here in Europe, but depends on what you want to play. For example, me, as an organist apprentice, have to learn how did they compose music in which era, what techniques they used, I have to be skilled in harmonization, and I must be able to play from sheet with ease. I had already few assignments in our church, great experience.

I am constantly hearing guitars are really easy. And they probably are, lots of people I know can handle them. What makes me sad, though, is when I see guitars playing during a mass WHEN RIGHT NEXT TO YOU THERE IS FREAKIN' ORGAN WHY IS NO ONE PLAYING ORGAN WHY EVERYONE IGNORES THAT HEAVENLY OBJECT?!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 01:42:06 am by Quaksna »
Pages: 1 ... 7852 7853 [7854] 7855 7856 ... 8155